HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

L.A. - Ottawa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2011, 05:13 PM
  #1
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
L.A. - Ottawa

To Ottawa: Sturm, Stoll, Westgarth

To L.A.: Cowen, 1st


Please keep in mind that proven NHL'er are always worth more than prospects
so it's basically just for the 1st rounder and even here it's a massive overpay
by the Kings.
But i'm willing to do that to keep our prospect cupboard loaded with Voynov joining the Kings very soon.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:15 PM
  #2
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 39,993
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Ewwww. That's pretty much all there is to say.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:16 PM
  #3
LGSens
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
Why do Kings fans seem delusional?

LGSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:19 PM
  #4
Ronk
Registered User
 
Ronk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
People will probably have to read the last thread to understand this one...

Ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:23 PM
  #5
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,108
vCash: 500
lolwut?

Counter:

To OTT: Schenn, 1st
To LA: Kovalev, Kelly, Smith

NHLers are worth way more than prospects

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:24 PM
  #6
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGSens View Post
Why do Kings fans seem delusional?
You make this statement off of one post by a poster who has his own fan club....

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:24 PM
  #7
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,060
vCash: 50
Good counter thread to the other one.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:25 PM
  #8
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGSens View Post
Why do Kings fans seem delusional?
Don't lump Kurrilino in with the rest of us Kings fans.

Kings don't need Cowen, they have enough defensive prospects as it is - no disrespect to Cowen, who is a great prospect.

Stoll is 35th in scoring for centers - that means that he is the 5th highest scoring second line center. And he's 8th in face off percentage in the entire league. Good lord, Kurrilino, what more does Stoll have to do before you admit he's a pretty good second line center? I feel like you want Kopitar to be our second line center...

Westgarth and Sturm have zero value. I'm not saying that the Kings wouldn't like the Senators' first round pick because who wouldn't? But come on, Kings aren't going to deal assets for potential even further away...

While we're talking about crazy proposals, I'll just throw one out there.

To LA: Jason Spezza
To Ott: Michal Handzus, Slava Voynov, LA 1st 2011.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:26 PM
  #9
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,458
vCash: 500
Yeah no way ottawa touches this ,ottawa needs these prospects and players moving forward.Just like LA wont move their kids which is all perfectly logical

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:33 PM
  #10
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
To Ottawa: Sturm, Stoll, Westgarth

To L.A.: Cowen, 1st


Please keep in mind that proven NHL'er are always worth more than prospects
so it's basically just for the 1st rounder and even here it's a massive overpay
by the Kings.
But i'm willing to do that to keep our prospect cupboard loaded with Voynov joining the Kings very soon.
Lock this thread and lock Kurrilino up.

How can you bash Stoll, then turn around and thing a UFA to be in Sturm, a goon and Stoll are worth one of the better defensive prospects in the game and what MAY be the 1st overall pick.

You and Jfried are the only posters who actually make me made, and this is, by far, the most assinine thing I have ever seen you post, by several country miles.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:39 PM
  #11
Mattias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Lock this thread and lock Kurrilino up.

How can you bash Stoll, then turn around and thing a UFA to be in Sturm, a goon and Stoll are worth one of the better defensive prospects in the game and what MAY be the 1st overall pick.

You and Jfried are the only posters who actually make me made, and this is, by far, the most assinine thing I have ever seen you post, by several country miles.
Amen brothah!

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:41 PM
  #12
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,158
vCash: 767
Yeah...thought there was some story behind this.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:09 PM
  #13
dabeechman
Registered User
 
dabeechman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
This is just a proposal to mock Pyke. Nothing to see here.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:29 PM
  #14
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
This is just a proposal to mock Pyke. Nothing to see here.
The only thing it mocks is the reading comprehension level of students of the Los Angeles district school boards.

Preliminary Reasons this Proposal is different than the other one:
1) This one includes a 1st round pick, that will be a lottery pick, the other one included no draft picks.
2) This one includes the picks/prospects leaving the rebuilding/retooling team, rather than one which is competing for a playoff spot.
3) The deal I was lampooning involved Fisher + Phillips + 2nd + 3rd for Schenn + Salary Dump. This deal is nowhere near analogous.

Finally, and most importantly, my objection to the deal was that Kings were not the ones who should be offended. Roster players *do* have more value than prospects. That does not mean you trade any prospect for any roster player; but it does mean that all other things being equal, the player who has accomplished something is worth more.

That said, I honestly am sorry OP, that you're understanding of these issues is so slim.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:46 PM
  #15
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
The only thing it mocks is the reading comprehension level of students of the Los Angeles district school boards.

Preliminary Reasons this Proposal is different than the other one:
1) This one includes a 1st round pick, that will be a lottery pick, the other one included no draft picks.
2) This one includes the picks/prospects leaving the rebuilding/retooling team, rather than one which is competing for a playoff spot.
3) The deal I was lampooning involved Fisher + Phillips + 2nd + 3rd for Schenn + Salary Dump. This deal is nowhere near analogous.

Finally, and most importantly, my objection to the deal was that Kings were not the ones who should be offended. Roster players *do* have more value than prospects. That does not mean you trade any prospect for any roster player; but it does mean that all other things being equal, the player who has accomplished something is worth more.

That said, I honestly am sorry OP, that you're understanding of these issues is so slim.
Kurrilino is a German who lives in Canada. But keep the jabs at L.A. coming.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:51 PM
  #16
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Kurrilino is a German who lives in Canada. But keep the jabs at L.A. coming.
Nah, I'd rather not. Not a fan of the city... Too much smog. Too long to get anywhere. Too hot. Too much silicone.

I do, actually, like the Kings, though.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:54 PM
  #17
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,600
vCash: 500
Is this a joke? Can a moderator close this thread please? On top of that can people please stop putting Spezza in trade offers -- he's not for trade.

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:11 PM
  #18
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 23,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Don't lump Kurrilino in with the rest of us Kings fans.

Kings don't need Cowen, they have enough defensive prospects as it is - no disrespect to Cowen, who is a great prospect.

Stoll is 35th in scoring for centers - that means that he is the 5th highest scoring second line center. And he's 8th in face off percentage in the entire league. Good lord, Kurrilino, what more does Stoll have to do before you admit he's a pretty good second line center? I feel like you want Kopitar to be our second line center...

Westgarth and Sturm have zero value. I'm not saying that the Kings wouldn't like the Senators' first round pick because who wouldn't? But come on, Kings aren't going to deal assets for potential even further away...

While we're talking about crazy proposals, I'll just throw one out there.

To LA: Jason Spezza
To Ott: Michal Handzus, Slava Voynov, LA 1st 2011.
Somehow i find you saying that you would say no to the OP deal.

Also, your offer for Spezza is just as atrocious.

The asking price for Fisher is a 1st and a top prospect(According to the rumours) and here you offer this for a legit number 1 center? lol.

Counter:

Schenn, 1st, Moller.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:12 PM
  #19
Zal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Somehow i find you saying that you would say no to the OP deal.

Also, your offer for Spezza is just as atrocious.

The asking price for Fisher is a 1st and a top prospect(According to the rumours) and here you offer this for a legit number 1 center? lol.

Counter:

Schenn, 1st, Moller.
For Spezza? Done deal.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:14 PM
  #20
dabeechman
Registered User
 
dabeechman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post

The asking price for Fisher is a 1st and a top prospect(According to the rumours) and here you offer this for a legit number 1 center? lol.
No, that is just what your GM is asking for him. Big difference.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:18 PM
  #21
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 23,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
No, that is just what your GM is asking for him. Big difference.
Just cause that's what he is asking for him does not mean he will end up trading him for a 2nd rounder.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:26 PM
  #22
Ross Rhea*
Nathan Flomm
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 379
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
To Ottawa: Sturm, Stoll, Westgarth

To L.A.: Cowen, 1st


Please keep in mind that proven NHL'er are always worth more than prospects
so it's basically just for the 1st rounder and even here it's a massive overpay
by the Kings.
But i'm willing to do that to keep our prospect cupboard loaded with Voynov joining the Kings very soon.

Ross Rhea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:27 PM
  #23
Ibrahim
I Am A God
 
Ibrahim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 613
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 500
?

Ibrahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:30 PM
  #24
dabeechman
Registered User
 
dabeechman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Just cause that's what he is asking for him does not mean he will end up trading him for a 2nd rounder.
Never said that. If he is asking that for him he will stay a Senator though.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:35 PM
  #25
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: place
Country: United States
Posts: 2,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Somehow i find you saying that you would say no to the OP deal.

Also, your offer for Spezza is just as atrocious.

The asking price for Fisher is a 1st and a top prospect(According to the rumours) and here you offer this for a legit number 1 center? lol.

Counter:

Schenn, 1st, Moller.
The asking price for my toe nail clippings is a box of pop tarts but that doesn't mean I'm ever going to get that.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.