HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Patrik Elias to Montreal

Old
02-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Qvist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Read my post again genius. I never copmpared him to any other player, I never said he sucked, the only comment I made was about his 6 MILLION $ contract thru this season PLUS two more that Montreal cannot afford.

Perhaps you should put down your rose coloured glasses, apparently they are too dark for you to actually read what has actually been posted

And your right there are some people on this site that make fools of themselves....feel free to add yourself to that list Einstein.
"Read what has actually been posted" ? You mean such as unwanted!.....why do them any favors and take this guy off their hands..

following which you added "besides", and then made the point you claim above was your only point?

People can read, you know. It's not very smart to claim you haven't argued something anyone can confirm that you did in fact write by reading a post directly above. But hey, if you were smart you wouldn't have written that in the first place, would you.

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
You think Plekanec is as good as Elias Defensively?
Plekanec is a close Selke candidate. He's by far the Habs' best defensive forward.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Elias is a good player, but he is no longer worth $6 million per season, and we already have an overpaid Gomez that damages our cap space. We can not afford to add Elias if he was a waiver pick-up. Then, we would have to offer quality players/picks to get him. So, the reality is that we can not get him, and do not want him. A player LIKE him, at a lower cap hit is more realistic for us to try and find.

At this point in their careers, Plekanec IS the better player, overall. I know NJ plays a defensive style, but if you think Montreal plays an offensive one you might want to actually watch the Habs before posting. Place Plekanec in an offensive system, with an offensively minded coach, with players of a similar style and he will easily rack up 10-25 more points per season WHILE being defensively responsible. Again, no offence meant to Elias fans or the man himself, but Plekanec is better right now and I would not want him on my team if he cost $6 million per season for 2 more seasons. The Cap is just too brutal and I would rather pay that money to a young soon to be free agent defenceman from Nashville named Weber... (Yes, I dream a LOT!!! lol)

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:27 PM
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin

Quote:
unwanted!

why do them any favors and take this guy off their hands. Besides his cap hit for 2 more years is WAY too high for Montreal to be able to resign our RFAs and rebuild that blueline next season
"do them any favors"

he has been the best player on the team this year

kyle evs48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Halifaxhab*

yup, he sucks. Only reason he was in an All-Star game is because the rest of the team was worse.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 09:57 PM
BeastoftheEast85

Quote:
yup, he sucks. Only reason he was in an All-Star game is because the rest of the team was worse.

BeastoftheEast85 is offline   Reply With Quote