HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

No thread yet? NJ put everyone to sleep.

Old
02-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Beetlebum*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli J View Post
OK, I wasn't able to watch this one but am I really the only one not actually angry that we lost? I can't bring myself to dislike the Devils. I don't know many of their fans but they've never struck me as irritating like Flyers or Hawks bandwagoners. And this is a team that is clawing it's way out of the cellar, I can't hate on them when their fanbase has had to eat humble pie all season. I wish we'd BEAT THEM when they come to the Bell Center once in awhile, but this isn't a team that infuriates me like many others do.

Again though, I wasn't able to watch so I can't comment on the reffing or the supposed "trap" play (really, we're calling others out on playing the trap? REALLY?) but it's just a loss. Let's chill and move on to the next game.
i am a devils fan but the canadiens are my second favorite team by far. we wouldn't have those three cups without the foundation your franchise laid for us.

lemieux, richer, lemaire, and robinson just to name a few.

Beetlebum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Habs

I have zero expectations when we play NJ, it's just easier to deal with that way.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:54 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

same here, but what's frustrating is that the outcome and reffing is soooooooo predictable. like would it kill them to make it look like there's parity in these games? it's no fun always knowing the future, and watching the same **** unfold, in something that hasn't happened yet, and should be out of anyone's control, yet almost always ending up with the same ********.

when the ending is always the same in something that's not scripted, it's because it is in fact being controlled, favored, partiality, wtv you wanna call it.

it is statistically impossible for this to ALWAYS happen in something that has ~50 human beings taking part in something like that.

and it's frustrating that we all know it, and they know no one could ever prove anything, and they just keep doing the same thing over and over and over and over again like it's spitting in our faces.

it's just like the cops who since forever, have always officially denied quotas for tickets (until finally fessing up recently), when everybody and their mom knew damn well that's BS, but are in no position to do anything about it. the powers that be are laughing hysterically at pulling the exact same script out for every god damn game we play them.

someome check the last time we had a jersey-habs game that WASN'T reffed by at least one QC ref? whether it's them specifically doing it, doesn't matter. IMO it's more the ones doing the reffing schedule who KNOW that by staffing a frenchy or 2, the matter will take care of itself while the ref subconciously or conciously overcompensates his impartiality. i swear they are manipulating the refs with their reverse-psychology.

the refs are likely the pawns in this matter. doing the devil's work, and quite literally.

Last edited by HarlemsFinest: 02-06-2011 at 06:06 PM.
HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:54 PM
totalrecall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I have zero expectations when we play NJ, it's just easier to deal with that way.
That is my mentality as well. The key is always lower your expectations towards games against New Jersey and Flyers.

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
JM should have been like this after todays game

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Yeah, you're right, people don't lie and cheat for more money.

It's never been a constant in our society.

Instead of condescending me, open a book, read-up instead of being spoonfed your daily dose of (in) formation.

It's hilarious to see the typical triggered reactions that these subjects bring. People are well trained at denial
Those in power play the ignorant like fools and suckers. Those being played in this manner are too ....asleep... to even see whats being done to them. They hear something on TV and think they know the truth about thats really happening on this planet. Its time for the ignorant to wake up and realize how these power elites are playing them for fools.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:50 PM
HoliksGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
League has to do something about reffing. Really cutting on my enjoyment of the game.

Also, I find it pretty hilarious that people complain about the devils defensive play when the habs do the same thing. What do you think fans of the pens and caps thought of our team last playoffs?
Anyone who didn't see that, clearly needs to get their eyes checked.

HoliksGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Turboflex*

Sad part is the Habs coulda come back in the 3rd, dominated the period. Gionta usually is pretty clutch with an open net.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
But we live in a society that believes in the fairytale economic system of eternal debt and fractional reserve central banking with compounded interests with fictional money created out of thin air and created as debt, so I'm not at all surprised as to how many people buy the party line.
Seriously Ozy, wtf?

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:34 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i'm with him on all that.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:

Instead of condescending me, open a book, read-up instead of being spoonfed your daily dose of (in) formation.

It's hilarious to see the typical triggered reactions that these subjects bring. People are well trained at denial
Oh please. Please.

Spare us the "I'm a poor misunderstood individual in a sea of blind ignorants". It was lame in high school, it's even lamer now.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Teufelsdreck

This game left a bad taste. We shouldn't blame the officiating. It's the Habs' own fault for throwing away a precious home game in the second half of the season. They even got a break when Brodeur had to leave with a minor injury. Right from the start the Habs screwed up in their own end. The first two goals were against the pair of Gill and Subban but the whole team didn't play well in the first and second periods. True, they played the day before and the Devils didn't, but that's no excuse because they didn't have to travel from another city and arrive home late. The loss hurt the Habs big time in the standings,

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
Those in power play the ignorant like fools and suckers. Those being played in this manner are too ....asleep... to even see whats being done to them. They hear something on TV and think they know the truth about thats really happening on this planet. Its time for the ignorant to wake up and realize how these power elites are playing them for fools.
Same comment as for Ozy. Please. It doesn't work.

Old
02-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Craig71

Quote:

We lost a hockey "game", relax it will be better tomorrow, the world is a beautiful place, there is good everywhere. There is also an agenda out there to control the poor and to keep the little man down and there are motives based on greed and power. There are also two sides to every coin and the same agenda exists on the part of cospiracy theorists and book authors who "sell" an agenda designed to make the almighty buck.... I believe alot of what they say as well, but while I listen, I always keep my eyes an ears open and my wallet closed.

Our next game is against Boston and I hope we dominate them the same as usual, we win against them the same way Jersey beats us, we don't get favorable calls, our team just finds a way to win against them. Go Habs Go.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Oh please. Please.

Spare us the "I'm a poor misunderstood individual in a sea of blind ignorants". It was lame in high school, it's even lamer now.
I blame the Rothschilds and Gates/Buffet, just to be safe.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Oh please. Please.

Get real. I know myself fully and trust in myself fully. I don't need to find acceptance or understanding from anyone, and surely not from you, as I am man enough to stand on my own. I don't need you to understand the reality we live in because the lost is only for you. Most people are opening their eyes, only the "-well-adjusted- to a profoundly sick society" don't seem to understand the ongoing process and it's inevitable clashes.

You might not think this as important, but you are part of the problem until you can realize what the problem is. Your denial is understandable, because this system has treated us much better than the rest of over 5-6 billion other people. You don't seem to see the inherent fallacy of the system which is totally opposite to human growth, by stiffling technology and independance. The pursuit of profit can only lead to further corruption and pursuit for more raw power.

The reality is, and don't get your panties in a bunch about this, the matter of the fact is that you are naive. Your reaction is childish, as attacking the messenger is obvious proof of that. I'm not complaining about my life, I'm very happy about who I am and what I do. Only someone really blind and conform to his lifelong indoctrination would think my message was about me rather than spreading the seeds of knowledge that we should all be spreading.

The proof is there, the mass of documentation is overwhelming. It's not just some nut saying "some people wanna take over the world" in some odd book. I'm getting close to two decades of fact searching and I've only scratched the surface of all the information out there, but the conclusion is already there by the sheer amount of facts; the system must be changed, completely.

Do you even understand how fractional reserve works and the consequence of this system?

I made the comparison, because the corruption is systematic almost everywhere in commerce and industry.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:23 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Back on topic guys. Now.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 09:14 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

So we go from a game against a team that owns us to a game against a team we own.

Beat the Bruins in Boston and tie them. HUGE!

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 09:41 PM
FF de Mars

Those stingy devils !

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Game was lost in the first 5 minutes, but considering everything the Habs had going against them (second in a back-to-back, coming off a big win the day before, afternoon game, playing against a team they historically suck against, need I go on?) they had a decent showing.

The reffing isn't why they lost, both teams got the short end of the stick in that department. Just watching hockey this season it's frustrating what passes for competence in this league. How do you miss so many blatant high sticks? I mean, clutching and grabbing is such a grey area, but missing a high stick? You're just not doing your job.
Enlightning to say the least....

You know what, after the past month of reffing I'm buying it.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
JM should have been like this after todays game

I dream the day we will have other thing than a cardboard coach behind our bench.

Maybe not always like in the video. But a few times a year would be awesome.

I Forgot the NHL like cuteness for american public. geez.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Enlightning to say the least....

You know what, after the past month of reffing I'm buying it.
Did I inadvertently say something intelligent or did you quote the wrong post?

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Actually I thought we did a good job against the trap today. We were able to gain the zone quite easily, with short crisp passes. We had the chances to score today, bottom line is, we're just not finishing them on a regular basis.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Actually I thought we did a good job against the trap today. We were able to gain the zone quite easily, with short crisp passes. We had the chances to score today, bottom line is, we're just not finishing them on a regular basis.
I thought the first period was rather horrendous. Could not make one tape to tape pass. Couldn't break out of the zone. Couldn't create anything offensively. It pretty much looked like we spent the whole first period practicing defense. As soon as we had the puck, we gave it back.
They scored two goals. Their 3rd goal was lucky, deflected twice and ended up on a stick with an open net. Other than that, we played well in the 2nd-3rd. But as you say, we couldn't finish.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 11:37 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I thought the first period was rather horrendous. Could not make one tape to tape pass. Couldn't break out of the zone. Couldn't create anything offensively. It pretty much looked like we spent the whole first period practicing defense. As soon as we had the puck, we gave it back.
They scored two goals. Their 3rd goal was lucky, deflected twice and ended up on a stick with an open net. Other than that, we played well in the 2nd-3rd. But as you say, we couldn't finish.
I thought kovalchuk's goal was really lucky. I don't even think he knew where the puck was and went off his stick accidentally.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote