Notices

Today from Eklund

Old
02-02-2011, 02:00 PM
haQ Loob

vCash: 500
Today from Eklund

Quote:
With the Sabres new ownership you can expect some major Buffalo rumors over the next four weeks.

It is rare that I get a rumoured deal with multiple players involved. But this is fun one which has been told to me in part by three different sources and confirmed by another close to the situation as "a situational possibility." In other words there are contingencies tied to this deal. Likely tied to health of place in the standings in the next 2-3 weeks.

The Rumor is the Sabres possibly moving Connelly, Stafford and Rivet and a pick to Calgary for Tanguay, Glenncross and Regehr and a conditional pick.

At the end of the day this is a Stafford and a pick for Regehr trade as all the other players are to be UFAs come July 1. However, this could also be viewed as one person said to me "as a shake=up deal which could help each team get just enough momentum to make it to the playoffs."

On Toronto...

I am hearing all the Kaberle and Beauchemin rumors, and according to my sources it is far more likely that Beauchemin gets move than Kaberle...and the likely destinations are Washington and San Jose...

Also hearing rumors of Cogliano today to Toronto or LA.

About to do a Rumor Chart Update..

more on the way...
Yes, it's Eklund, but how about a discussion around the importance of Tanguay and Glencross in the stretch and playoffs. I don't think we let Tanguay walk after this year, considering he could take a discount on a one-year to play with Iginla. But if Glencross is expecting more than we're willing to pay for his PK threat, decent work ethic, and secondary scoring, is he worth hanging on to for potential impact in the last 30 games and hopefully into the playoffs?

haQ Loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Lunatik*

so wait... a pending UFA forward making 4.5 million... a pending RFA forward making 1.9 million and a pending UFA defenseman making 3.5 million... yes I can totally see the Flames doing this

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 02:11 PM
StreakingRed
We Want Gold!

Good thing this is from Eklund so the chances of this brutal deal ever actually happening are next to none.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 07:41 PM
flames123

I have unterest in Connolly but not in that package. Still a high risk deal with his injury proneness tho.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 07:42 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
I have unterest in Connolly but not in that package. Still a high risk deal with his injury proneness tho.
I would never trade for Connolly, has the guy ever played a full season?

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

vCash: 0
That pick coming to Calgary had better be a 1st.

Even without considering the pick, leaves a giant hole down the middle in Buffalo. Unless one of the "contingencies" is that the Sabres can get a centre somewhere else.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 01:34 AM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I would never trade for Connolly, has the guy ever played a full season?
no. .

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 09:32 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
so wait... a pending UFA forward making 4.5 million... a pending RFA forward making 1.9 million and a pending UFA defenseman making 3.5 million... yes I can totally see the Flames doing this
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Good thing this is from Eklund so the chances of this brutal deal ever actually happening are next to none.
Totally.... that must be the most pathetic idea I have heard in some time..... Eklund

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
Totally.... that must be the most pathetic idea I have heard in some time..... Eklund
how much of it is Eklund and how much is half wit morons emailing him fake rumors because they think it proves something

Old
02-06-2011, 01:53 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
how much of it is Eklund and how much is half wit morons emailing him fake rumors because they think it proves something
Oh both I am sure but still it is Eklund that disseminates it and gives it an (e) rating...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
Oh both I am sure but still it is Eklund that disseminates it and gives it an (e) rating...
meh its just a rating, everyone knows he has no filter

Old
02-06-2011, 11:01 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by haQ Loob View Post
I don't think we let Tanguay walk after this year, considering he could take a discount on a one-year to play with Iginla.
He took a one years deal to play with Iginla to re-establish his value.

Now that he's done that, he won't be looking for another one year deal for what might be his last chance to really cash in on UFA.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
The Sabres wouldn't touch this either. Other than Vanek, the only other 2 decent players they have on offence would be coming over in this deal and we are shipping them Tanguay and Glencross?? Even with them getting Regehr this puts them in way worse of a hole for a team that is already struggling offensively.

Also, its a no from Calgary and Tanguay veto's this. This is a horrible deal from both sides.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 12:11 AM
scoringmachine

Quote:
The Rumor is the Sabres possibly moving Connelly, Stafford and Rivet and a pick to Calgary for Tanguay, Glenncross and Regehr and a conditional pick.
Tanguay, Glencross and Regehr can net the Flames what they need which is prospects and picks.

IMO Tanguay will not be moving his play on the top line as been very solid and he doing everything he has been asked of since his return to the Flames. Also our captain Iginla likes playing with him as he helps his game.

After Glencross's tirade for being a healthy scratch his play has improved. Regehr looks like only one who is most likely to be traded. He could give us a 2nd round pick, roster players and or prospects. Which would be better then sending all three to Buffalo. Like Lunatik said

Quote:

Last edited by scoringmachine: 02-07-2011 at 12:28 AM.
scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote