HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Jaydepps

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Crisis Core is the best PSP game I have ever played hands down. As for which person I chose. Miranda seemed to be the best option since Ashley was not an option in the second one.

Old
02-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That's been happening a lot in Ground War too. Last night, I got in a lobby (don't know why I stayed in) that had 2 guys split-screening who were always on my team. We were fine in Domination because there were enough people going hard at flags, but they singlehandedly lost us a few Deathmatches. They combined to go 2-40something in one of them. We lost by about 3000, so that was all them.
It's beginning to annoy me even in Domination. You can play a competitive game of Domination with that going on, but it's tough to win consistently if you got two or three guys just getting slaughtered. They create too many killstreaks for the other team, and, more importantly, them always losing gunfights means you have the other team getting to and maintaining advantageous spots. Obviously k/d isn't all that important in Domination, but you at least need to be keeping it respectable to knock the other team off their streaks some and get 'em back into their spawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I have yet to experience that. Some horrendous players out there.
I forget, are you on XBOX or PS3? On PS3 it appears to be impossible to avoid right now... and my God is it getting frustrating.

In other news... I've decided Grid is infuriating in TDM. Maybe my favorite map to play Domination on (medium sized, and the flags are positioned so you get lots of good battle areas), but the spawn system in TDM puts people behind you and/or right in front of you way too often.

Old
02-05-2011, 05:47 PM
agrudez*

I know for the NHL series it is common knowledge that the PS3 community is far less talented than the Xbox community.

I always wondered why.

Old
02-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I know for the NHL series it is common knowledge that the PS3 community is far less talented than the Xbox community.

I always wondered why.
Free internet... if you're paying to get your ass beat, you're probably going to stop paying.

Old
02-05-2011, 05:54 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I'd love to play some 360 players and I'm a PS3 player.

I have: 238GP, 267G, 308A, 575P, +/- +93, 2.42 Pts/g, 63PPGs, 32SHGs.

All I can say is, bring on any 360 player. I can't say too much for Versus, but I don't suck.

Old
02-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I'd love to play some 360 players and I'm a PS3 player.

I have: 238GP, 267G, 308A, 575P, +/- +93, 2.42 Pts/g, 63PPGs, 32SHGs.

All I can say is, bring on any 360 player. I can't say too much for Versus, but I don't suck.
I'm sure the good players from either side are in the same ballpark... but the LCD folks on PS3 are much lower.

Old
02-05-2011, 06:17 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'm sure the good players from either side are in the same ballpark... but the LCD folks on PS3 are much lower.
LCD folks?

Old
02-05-2011, 06:32 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
LCD folks?
Least Common Denominator?

Old
02-05-2011, 06:39 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
Least Common Denominator?
I guess so . But still, I do what I can to be good. I hate sucking. I also ****ing hate it that my college's yearly BYOC LAN party is having Madden 2010... AGAIN. Every year it's ****ing Madden and it's in the middle of ****ING APRIL. NO ONE GIVES A **** ABOUT FOOTBALL THEN! I swear to ****ing god I wish there was an NHL 11 tournament, I'd probably kick all their ***** .

Old
02-05-2011, 06:54 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Yea there is more of an incentive to be good on xbox 360. If I suck, then I'm unlikely to pay to get online to get stomped even further.

Old
02-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Yea there is more of an incentive to be good on xbox 360. If I suck, then I'm unlikely to pay to get online to get stomped even further.
The other factor is that the PS3 enables much more casual gamers to just jump online and play if they want. Especially if you're talking about a very competitive online game, it's tough to be all that good if you're not playing regularly.

Old
02-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Jester

Quote:
I guess so . But still, I do what I can to be good. I hate sucking. I also ****ing hate it that my college's yearly BYOC LAN party is having Madden 2010... AGAIN. Every year it's ****ing Madden and it's in the middle of ****ING APRIL. NO ONE GIVES A **** ABOUT FOOTBALL THEN! I swear to ****ing god I wish there was an NHL 11 tournament, I'd probably kick all their ***** .
Should organize one.

Old
02-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Anyone here any good at playing goalie in NHL 11? I just started and could use some help. When I play with a solid team in front of me I am pretty damn good but when the other team dominates play and can impose their will I can't do anything right.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
02-05-2011, 07:49 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Anyone here any good at playing goalie in NHL 11? I just started and could use some help. When I play with a solid team in front of me I am pretty damn good but when the other team dominates play and can impose their will I can't do anything right.
Michael Leighton? Is that you?

Old
02-05-2011, 08:15 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
My suggestion, don't use the right stick too much. Using that too much can make you move more than what you want to most of the time. Only use it if it's something like a complete cross crease pass and you really need to stretch. Solid players come and go, but usually, people who play defense are total dumbasses and act like forwards, so you are usually left out to dry, which sucks.

Old
02-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Jaydepps

Yea some times you just get **** luck with the team you are playing on. Selfish players who won't pass, defensemen who don't play defense, or goalies who just plain suck. I suggest joining a team and playing with reliable players. Drop-in games can be miserable. I'm not exactly good, but I suggest trying to learn some of the fancy moves. Just practice a lot try using some of the dekes and if timed right you can beat goalies fairly easy. Two of the dekes I have been practicing lately are: push the right stick right and without letting go push it around down and then left. Another deke is to push left or right on the right stick depending what handedness you are, then push L1 and let go of the right stick. Once you let go of L1 hit the right stick down. Hope that was understandable. It is hard to explain.

Old
02-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
Yea some times you just get **** luck with the team you are playing on. Selfish players who won't pass, defensemen who don't play defense, or goalies who just plain suck. I suggest joining a team and playing with reliable players. Drop-in games can be miserable. I'm not exactly good, but I suggest trying to learn some of the fancy moves. Just practice a lot try using some of the dekes and if timed right you can beat goalies fairly easy. Two of the dekes I have been practicing lately are: push the right stick right and without letting go push it around down and then left. Another deke is to push left or right on the right stick depending what handedness you are, then push L1 and let go of the right stick. Once you let go of L1 hit the right stick down. Hope that was understandable. It is hard to explain.
I have no problem on the offensive side of the puck. I have my legend card and was one of the better players on my team before it became inactive. Now I'm just looking for a new challenge in goaltending.

Old
02-06-2011, 03:35 AM
Jaydepps

Quote:
I have no problem on the offensive side of the puck. I have my legend card and was one of the better players on my team before it became inactive. Now I'm just looking for a new challenge in goaltending.
Sorry completely overlooked the part where you said goalie.

Old
02-06-2011, 09:24 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Anyone playing NHL11 BEAGM mode having this problem with awards...

All Calder Trophies, Conn Smythe, and Hart Trophies have gone to goalies since I started. Last season the Calder Trophy went to a rookie with 45 losses and a GAA over 3.00 while I had a rookie D man with 20 goals and close to 80 points. The Vezina winner also won the Hart Trophy and he wasn't in the top five for wins, GAA, or save percentage (which begs the question as to why he even won the Vezina). The Conn Smythe Trophy wasn't really ridiculous, but just every year since I have started it has been the goalie, and its been like 9 years so far. Is this just a coincidence or is this some type of glitch?

Old
02-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I got into a Ground War lobby that seemed to involve a gigantic party. The party murdered my team twice on domination...not only did they manage to keep all the flags, but once they had them there was no way to spawn without being blindsided.

It was frustrating as hell, but at the same time, pretty awesome.

Old
02-06-2011, 10:40 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
My goalie has a .86 SVPCT and 2 GAA overall from playing with the HFboards team and some random drop in games and in 20 games playing with a top 50 Xbox team I have a 1 GAA and .92 SVPCT. Moral of the story: no matter how good you are as a goalie (and I consider myself one of the top goalies on Xbox - I was ranked in the top 50 last year when I played more in every goalie stat before I stopped playing in February for 'Where Legends Die'), the team in front of you is at least 50% of your stats.

As far as goalie controls go...

1) I never use the right stick, let the computer make EVERY save for you, just focus on positioning - and come out to challenge shots, don't be a 6'5 fagot that sits on the goal line, that isn't skill.

2) I use the butterfly a **** ton because it helps rebound control and allows you to save deflections better because they are generally aimed at your five hole.

3) Don't be tweaky in net. The less movements the better, there is nothing worse than moving out of the way of a puck and letting in a softie.

4) Use the hug the post (RT) to move side to side on cross creases and break aways, it is MUCH quicker than manual movement.

5) Make sure to hold the post when the puck is behind the net and on an angle, bad angle goals are backbreakers for your team morally.

6) Don't be afraid to use the desperation poke check on breakaways; however, don't abuse it.

Hope that helps.

PS. I play with a 6'2 goalie, it makes me tall enough to allow me to make glove saves in the butterfly, but small enough to be quick on one-timers.

Old
02-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I got into a Ground War lobby that seemed to involve a gigantic party. The party murdered my team twice on domination...not only did they manage to keep all the flags, but once they had them there was no way to spawn without being blindsided.

It was frustrating as hell, but at the same time, pretty awesome.
That's impressive with a triple cap... usually in that situation you have a chance to do some damage. Which map?

Old
02-07-2011, 12:39 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
That's impressive with a triple cap... usually in that situation you have a chance to do some damage. Which map?
It was Array.

I just played a Ground War Deathmatch where we won 10000-2600. I had nothing to do with it. My teammates were insane. I went 4-2...I barely even saw anyone to shoot at before they were dead.

edit: ouch, just got put on the opposite team for domination. 201-80, them.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 02-07-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old
02-07-2011, 12:42 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I really do enjoy Killzone 3... but hell... I really, really want a keyboard and mouse for the game.

Old
02-07-2011, 12:43 AM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
I really do enjoy Killzone 3... but hell... I really, really want a keyboard and mouse for the game.
I think I'm going to rock the Move for that, but I do tend to love Keyboard + Mouse for my FPS games

Closed Thread