HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tom Gilbert and Andrew Cogliano as a package

Old
02-05-2011, 11:16 AM
big ape

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
So... you're looking for Tom Gilbert or Andrew Cogliano for a package containing both?

Nice.

Oh, and Ottawa does not take you up on this offer. Seperately or as a package.
Who's better Spezza or Heatley i propose Penner,Cogs,Smid for Spezza.For some reason this sounds familiar

big ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 12:38 PM
missinthejets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig17 View Post
and with our "nhl's best" defensive unit we could hide Gilbert's deficiencies better than Edmonton and maybe our coaches can make up for the **** development he got in Edmonton
what **** development? he turned into a solid all around defenseman with the oilers, the only problem Gilbert has in Edmonton is that he's the only guy they have right now who even remotely resembles a top pairing defenseman so he's gotta play more than he should be, but the overall weakness of the oilers defence is not a Tom Gilbert issue.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 01:07 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by big ape View Post
Who's better Spezza or Heatley i propose Penner,Cogs,Smid for Spezza.For some reason this sounds familiar
I don't understand what you're saying. I think you're trying to insult me. I'm not sure why.

All I said was you're trying to trade Gilbert and Cogliano for a top 4 Dman... which Gilbert is (or was at the time I wrote that post).

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 01:11 PM
rockinghockey

Stoll, Harrold and 2nd actually sounds pretty fair to me.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 01:14 PM
camsoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysauce View Post
Tom Gilbert Sucks. Plain and Simple. The guy is a turn over machine, soft along the boards and has a muffin of a shot. He is the most over paid defenseman for what he brings to the table in the league.

I'm saying this as an Oiler fan.
I absoluetly agree 100% there are worse in the league but nobody playing his kind of minutees get rid of him and get someone more reliable even if you have to spread out the minutes a little bit more

camsoilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

I don't want to get rid of Cogliano. His game has increased a lot recently, almost back to the level it was at during his rookie season. Plus, he's versatile and competitive. Something we lack.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Ementy

Doesn't gilbert have over 105 blocked shots so far?

Ementy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 01:40 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Stoll, Harrold and 2nd actually sounds pretty fair to me.
okay let's get the papers going.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 02:14 AM
Street Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ementy View Post
Doesn't gilbert have over 105 blocked shots so far?
As a Canuck fan, I do see a lot of the Oilers games on CBC/TSN and when they play the Canucks. I don't find Gilbert to be a Dman that most playoff caliber teams would have in their 2nd pairing.

I mean, no disrespect to Oilers fans, but would anyone take Gilbert over Hamhuis, Ballard, Edler, Erhoff, Bieksa. All close in salary cap hit. Bieksa, I would have seriously considered last season, but he's actually been very good for the team this season.

Maybe, it's cause Gilbert has to play more minutes and more quality minutes against higher caliber players due to the Oilers lack of quality Dmen right now, but I don't find him to be someone that is worth his cap hit.

Street Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 02:37 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Hawk View Post
I mean, no disrespect to Oilers fans, but would anyone take Gilbert over Hamhuis, Ballard, Edler, Erhoff, Bieksa. All close in salary cap hit. Bieksa, I would have seriously considered last season, but he's actually been very good for the team this season.

Maybe, it's cause Gilbert has to play more minutes and more quality minutes against higher caliber players due to the Oilers lack of quality Dmen right now, but I don't find him to be someone that is worth his cap hit.
I'd take Gilbert over Bieksa and Ballard any day, nice to see them get hyped up taking advantage of the new linemates on the backend and with Edler improving by the season.

Keep in mind how young Tom Gilbert is as well playing on the 15th placed team in the west.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:59 AM
Nugent93Hopkins
Welcome to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
I'd take Gilbert over Bieksa and Ballard any day, nice to see them get hyped up taking advantage of the new linemates on the backend and with Edler improving by the season.

Keep in mind how young Tom Gilbert is as well playing on the 15th placed team in the west.
Agree with bolded.

Nugent93Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote