HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parise to Van

Old
02-07-2011, 03:05 AM
Meganuck*

vCash: 500
I havent even read the Op's proposal and I"ll just say no.

It's going to take something VERY significant to bring back a player of that value. Not extra pieces or draft picks.

Unless i'm wrong, I believe he's the new cornerstone of their franchise. He's what Kesler is to the Canucks.

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:11 AM
Blane Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
Bertuzzi was coming off of a 71 point season when he was traded for Luongo...

Anaheim recieved Lupul, Sbsia +++ and Lupul was coming off a 25 goal 50 point season.

Thornton Trade was pretty bad even still it was three roster players and Brad Stuart looked like stud defensemen at the time.

Michalek was pretty consistant 60 point player (high 50's) at the time and he was young.

EVERY ONE of those trades had multiple roster players...And at the time those players values where better before they were trade....
With the exception of Bertuzzi or Luongo, depending on how you look at it, most of the roster players you are identifying are closer to Mason Raymond than Ryan Kesler...25 goal scorer with about 50-60 points.

I think most Canucks fans' offers have been in line with the trades you have identified with a little extra.

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:54 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
What leadership has Parise provided?
Besides being one of the Captains on the US Olympic hockey team that got silver? The one that Kesler was on and wasn't a captain?

Last edited by GM17*: 02-07-2011 at 10:03 AM.
GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

BTW, Lowe regrets the Pronger deal. He said he should've sat him. That talks about the kind of return they got.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
What leadership has Parise provided?
Parise is an alternate captain on the Devils, and he had the same role on the US Olympic Team. He is widely recognised as the future captain of the Devils (Brodeur, Langenbrunner, Elias, Lemaire, and Lou have all said something to that effect), now that Langenbrunner is gone. He leads by example, always giving his best effort on the ice. He's one of the hardest working players in the league. You could do much worse for leadership.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan7545 View Post
The Devils hangup
Devils accept in a heartbeat

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 01:36 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
The last handful of goalies to win the Cup include Giguere, Fleury, and Niemi amongst others. You don't need an elite goalie to win Cups. You need a good team. Like I've told everyone else in the thread, don't worry about our team. I think you should worry about the Rags going another 40 years or whatever without winning a Cup. That'll keep you occupied for a while.
Nice, you point out how your team is going to win a cup before others and how their doing "tweaking" as if it's just minor changes. Then when you're called out for it because they're really going through a major overall haul that's gone woefully awry all you can say is "don't worry about our team" with a few other lame come backs...That's so weak.

As far as their current "hottest team in the league" business, lets put it in perspective. The Devils are two wins away from last place in the league and that how their season has gone and that's how their "tweaking" has gone.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Wildcarder

Very unlikely Parise gets moved (doesn't he only want to play in the US anyway?) but it's always fun to speculate.

In the offseason I could see something similar to this happening assuming Ehrhoff agrees to deal with Jersey before July 1st(Vancouver would then resign Bieksa):

To Van:
Parise

To NJ:
Ehrhoff
Raymond
Schnieder

Wildcarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Tarot Sport*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
BTW, Lowe regrets the Pronger deal. He said he should've sat him. That talks about the kind of return they got.
Lowe is still spouting stupid **** out of the Edmonton organization? No wonder players don't want to go to Edmonton.

Yeah, pull a Souray on one of the greatest defencemen of all-time because he doesn't like playing Edmonton.

Tarot Sport* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 02:44 PM
ReggieDunlop7

I think Parise is one of the best young players in the NHL and would LOVE to have him on the Canucks.

Lou could ask for anyone (outside of the Sedins, Kes and Bobby Lu) and I would pull the trigger. Hell, I'd trade Edler if he asked for him. I may be blinded by Parise love though... Gillis has the luxury of not being a fan, but being a businessman.

ReggieDunlop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Whitbread View Post
Lowe is still spouting stupid **** out of the Edmonton organization? No wonder players don't want to go to Edmonton.

Yeah, pull a Souray on one of the greatest defencemen of all-time because he doesn't like playing Edmonton.

Not AHL. He would've just press-boxed him until he got a better deal.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:23 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Nice, you point out how your team is going to win a cup before others and how their doing "tweaking" as if it's just minor changes. Then when you're called out for it because they're really going through a major overall haul that's gone woefully awry all you can say is "don't worry about our team" with a few other lame come backs...That's so weak.

As far as their current "hottest team in the league" business, lets put it in perspective. The Devils are two wins away from last place in the league and that how their season has gone and that's how their "tweaking" has gone.
What major changes? Do you expect the Devils to strip this entire team down because they had a piss poor coach who was in way over his head? Since Lemaire has taken the reigns, the Devils have played like the lights out team they're capable of being. But you fail to recognize that and just see the misfortunes of the early part of the season. Yes, they're only two wins away from last place, but three weeks ago they were about 3 wins behind 29th place. If you can't accept the hot streak the Devils are on as a sign of things to come, you're ignoring the big picture. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Devils were awful with Johnny Mac, switched to Lemaire, and after a week long grace period to install his system, they've played fantastically.

Honestly though, that 2nd paragraph is the most ignorant thing I've read on HF in a while, and despite your ignorance, it sort of proved my point. Your trying to suggest that there's more to it than just a minor tweaking. Well let's see here, two minor tweaks included hiring Lemaire and trading Langenbrunner. What's happened since then? The Devils playing better hockey than anyone else the last 3 weeks. Granted it's been less than 15 games since the latter of those two tweaks, but it's the only sample we have to work with. You can keep belittling what the Devils are doing, probably because it'll help you sleep at night. I'm sure deep down inside, you know the Devils will be fine.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Flameshomer

The flames would offer backlund, erixon, and their first for parise... Two young players with plenty of potential (who have no chance developing in calgary's poor system) and a first to sweeten the pot? Calgary gets a replacement for jarome and a building block for the future.

Flameshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:11 AM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluske View Post
Besides being one of the Captains on the US Olympic hockey team that got silver? The one that Kesler was on and wasn't a captain?

HF is great for people posting with not knowing anything.

Old
02-08-2011, 01:22 AM
NJDevils

Send a message via Yahoo to NJDevils
I guess you can take the picture that supports your argument, but completely neglect the truth...

NJDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils View Post
I guess you can take the picture that supports your argument, but completely neglect the truth...

considering my Parise photo was from the Gold Medal game, not sure where else he'd wear the A.

Old
02-08-2011, 02:57 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
considering my Parise photo was from the Gold Medal game, not sure where else he'd wear the A.
They rotated alternate captains throughout the Olympics.

Parise, Suter, Rafalski and Brown all wore the A in multiple games.

Kesler didn't.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 03:23 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:

You sir, are a prime example ^_^

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Aquiace
The Goggles!

This thread is ridiculous.

NJ has no plans to move Parise and Gillis would be an idiot to overpay to the point of convincing Lamoriello to trade him.

Aquiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:44 AM
dkollidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Worry about your own team bro. You don't know anything about our situation but you can sit on your high horse because you're a fan of the best team in the league. Ignorant schmuck.

Missing the playoffs for the first time in 15 years is no reason to disband an entire team. Also, just because clueless fans of other teams want Parise doesn't make him tradeable. When you're 26 years old and one of the game's elite, you're part of any team's future whether it's a win now mentality or a rebuild mentality. We're sort of in between the two, and Parise fits our short term and long term plan. Get a clue dude. Did the Canucks trade the Sedins a few years ago when they were bottom feeding?
is this Pauly D? or one of those other "schmucks",

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:30 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:

They rotated captains, but thanks for playing.

Last edited by GM17*: 02-08-2011 at 09:39 AM.
GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Johnsie19

Canucks definitely have the assets to make a trade like this work. The question is whether NJ is looking to rebuild or not. In my opinion they could rebuild very quickly much like Tampa Bay. But I also think if they want to be good now it won't work out. Much like Toronto. But again thats for Lou and management to decide.

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 05:37 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

Quote:

Yup you're are right HF is great for people posting without knowing everything.

http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Us...1_05&id=278204

EliasR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 05:50 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
Kesler has 5 more seasons left on his contract, Parise has one. Without knowing what Parise's true intentions are, that's a huge advantage for Kesler's value. Would you rather take the guy with one year left on his contract and thus far shown very little indication to re-sign or the player who's a tier below, but is locked in for another 5 seasons at a very good rate? You can call me a homer if you want, but I've gotta take Kesler.

Lou does not negotiate contracts with players during the season.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote