HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

sharks-pens

Old
02-06-2011, 05:36 PM
niel094

vCash: 500
sharks-pens

with malkin likely out for the rest of the season, and crosby still out, do you guys think there is any possibility of a deal between the 2 teams?

sharks: setoguchi
pens: goligoski

this isnt the trade i assume on seeing but i just want to know who you guys think would possibly get traded

niel094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Derick*

Send a message via MSN to Derick*
We don't do deals with satan.

Derick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:11 PM
ThorNton Apologist
Jumbo needs a cup

I thought we were dont talking about the Seto for Gogo deals? Im sooo sick of hearing it over and over

ThorNton Apologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Jesus Toews*

It's filling one hole while creating another. IMO these teams don't make good trading partners.

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 06:39 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
Bump this thread when we're losing. hahaha

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 10:26 PM
hockeyball

You lost Malkin, want Heatley?

Kidding...

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
wtfisthis

No one on the team should be traded except for Wallin, Huskins, Mitchell, McGinn, Mayers, and Joslin unless it's for a major deal. This team would do a lot better if the players would play like they actually give a rat's ass about hockey.

wtfisthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 11:00 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

I want Letang or Martin.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:38 AM
Le Rosbeef

I'll give the OP credit, this isn't as bad as some of the proposals I've seen lately involving the Sharks.

That said, Pitt has to be in disarray at the moment - no Sid until March, no Malkin now for the rest of the year, possibly, Letescu too. I think the last thing they do is a small deal with a quality asset to try and stem some offensive bleeding.

I like Goligoski but I think the Pens would want more than Seto given his production malaise this season.

I do feel that Goligoski would be a good asset for the Sharks and would take some of the pressure off of Dan Boyle but I'm not convinced he'd placate those who want to see a more robust defensive line.

I'd personally prefer Martin but (A) he was a recent FA and you don't often see those traded, (B), we'd need to pay more than Setoguchi and (C) again, the Pens have zero motivation to trade him. Just playing along!

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:40 AM
RBR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Rosbeef View Post
I'll give the OP credit, this isn't as bad as some of the proposals I've seen lately involving the Sharks.

That said, Pitt has to be in disarray at the moment - no Sid until March, no Malkin now for the rest of the year, possibly, Letescu too. I think the last thing they do is a small deal with a quality asset to try and stem some offensive bleeding.

I like Goligoski but I think the Pens would want more than Seto given his production malaise this season.

I do feel that Goligoski would be a good asset for the Sharks and would take some of the pressure off of Dan Boyle but I'm not convinced he'd placate those who want to see a more robust defensive line.

I'd personally prefer Martin but (A) he was a recent FA and you don't often see those traded, (B), we'd need to pay more than Setoguchi and (C) again, the Pens have zero motivation to trade him. Just playing along!
I think Seto for Goli is one of the most fair deals I've seen for the Sharks. I don't know if it's the perfect deal but I would consider it.

P.S. Is Crosby really out until March?

RBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:03 AM
rangerssharks414

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SJSharkie1 View Post
P.S. Is Crosby really out until March?
Reportedly. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=352823

I like Goligoski a lot, but I'm not sure if I'd do this or not. It is a very fair offer though.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SJSharkie1 View Post
I think Seto for Goli is one of the most fair deals I've seen for the Sharks. I don't know if it's the perfect deal but I would consider it.
It'd be interesting to get a Pittsburgh response or two but my gut feeling would say they probably covet AG more than we do Setoguchi.

Goligoski had 37 points last year, is on for 41 pace this year and is 25 years old. He's most definitely on the rise.

Meanwhile Devin, for whatever reason, is seeing a significant decline in his production and for that reason alone, there's enough to convince the boo-birds that there are some concerns.

Strategically a trade might make sense between a team with multiple quality blueliners and several top 6 forwards when it meets each other's team needs out of conference but I think Setoguchi of 12-18 months ago might have done it... now, not so much.

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote