HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No thread yet? NJ put everyone to sleep.

Old
02-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I thought kovalchuk's goal was really lucky. I don't even think he knew where the puck was and went off his stick accidentally.
That's what it seemed to me, he was driving towards the net and puck ended up in the net.

Kind of like how it deflected off of his stick for our goal.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 11:53 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
That's what it seemed to me, he was driving towards the net and puck ended up in the net.

Kind of like how it deflected off of his stick for our goal.
A bunch of us were on xbl talking as we watched the game and we were cracking up at how off target subban's slapshot was.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 12:15 AM
JayBee*

Wow, everyone blaming the reffing after a Habs loss. What a shock.

Brodeur against the Habs = loss.

I didn't even watch much of the game. Habs also struggle mightily against trapping teams. On to the next one.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
I thought kovalchuk's goal was really lucky. I don't even think he knew where the puck was and went off his stick accidentally.
Sure, but, you know the saying ''Go to the net and you never know what will happen''. It was indeed lucky, he didn't intend to deflect that puck, it just hit him. But they still dominated the first.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 08:20 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I only saw the first period, but all I have to say is Pacioretty's play on Gionta's goal the other night and his driving the net on Brodeur late in the 1st where he put his shoulder down went in front of the crease and put the puck on net (resulting in our only PP) was a thing of beauty. The type of play I wanted to see from Latendresse, from all of our players for years. Great to finally see someone do it.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 08:41 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

I think the shoddy refereeing set the tone for the game but since the coaches and players don't use it as an excuse then I guess I shouldn't either. On the other hand it doesn't make it any less bothersome when you see a guy(s) blatantly highsticked in the face. LOL

Having said that the Habs had their chances but didn't cash in when needed. They were sloppy in the offensive zone. Passes seemed to be deflected left and right although that wasn't much different then the Rangers game.

The powerplay generated chances but no finish. The PP just seems to be in a slump as opposed to being just totally ineffective. They'll break out against Boston - I just know it.

Maybe it's just me but the last two games I see Subban and Gill getting owned more than any other D pair in their own zone at even strength. To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing Hamrlik / Subban, Spacek / Wiz, Gill / Weber.

Price is doing his job. Picard has been okay. Pouliot runs hot and cold. Pleks has been a little off the last couple of games. Pearn has been okay. Does that cover the P's?

Funniest moment: Subban's shot that was going about twenty wide being deflected in by the Devil himself.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 08:58 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Funniest moment: Subban's shot that was going about twenty wide being deflected in by the Devil himself.
Fact of Habs #4396

- When PK Subban shoots on the net, the puck is blocked or deviated outside.

Facts of Habs #4397

- When PK Subban shoots beside the net, the puck is deviated to go in. (See goal against the Panthers, see goal against the Devils)

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

They did to us what we usualy do to others.

Let's face it, Martin's system and why we win games is not because of our high offence super-attack style.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:30 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Sure, but, you know the saying ''Go to the net and you never know what will happen''. It was indeed lucky, he didn't intend to deflect that puck, it just hit him. But they still dominated the first.
Very much agreed. I just didnt appreciate the briere/blake celebration.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:35 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Very much agreed. I just didnt appreciate the briere/blake celebration.
Neither did Subban and that's why he deflected his slapper off of Kovy's stick

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:19 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Yesterday. I said to my friend, after winning against the Rags, that today's game would be a no show for the refs where no hooking, tripping or interference call would be whistled, and where the only PPs the Habs would get would be on a highstick or too many men. I wasn't far off.

When something like this becomes so predictable, there is a definite problem, a corruption somewhere in the system.

But we live in a society that believes in the fairytale economic system of eternal debt and fractional reserve central banking with compounded interests with fictional money created out of thin air and created as debt, so I'm not at all surprised as to how many people buy the party line.

Money does grow on trees, and NHL refs are helping the league control it's business and help hockey in the states.
Can't say that kind of stuff on the interwebz brah, because the media says you're a liar so you are.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:37 AM
baldrick

The Flying Frenchmen have become a New Jersey Devils clone,ooh goody! Anything to make Carey look good

Thank goodness for Pacioretty providing a reason to open my eyes.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote