HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looking for the Positive Reactions

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2003, 11:16 PM
OYLer

vCash: 500
Looking for the Positive Reactions

So is the Smytty experiment at center a keeper? Two goals but only 37% at the dot? The other centers for the 'Oil' were dominant facing-off and Stoll waits in the shadows? Should the science project at the pivot continue? HNIC at the heart of this Saturday night in Vancouver will reveal a tail of the tape.

The Copper&Blue weathered (or is that whether id) a tighty for 2 periods against San Jose and late in the 3rd the 'Oil' blew away from the still toothless Sharks. GM Place reckons not to be as friendly a venue. Can the E-Town bruisers bang their way past a Cancucks' crew looking to deep six the landlocked new boys on the bus? My money is on the landlovers because the young prairie bandits will freezeout the ice-bound westcoast pirates with nuclear speed, and a fallout radiating energy from the 3rd and fourth lines. Talk about Alberta air conditioning gone berserk! Maybe I have a head cold and things are looking kinda' fluey! How say you?

Old
10-10-2003, 12:21 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
37%? That's pretty GOOD.

Somebody get MacT out there to take the draws!

Old
10-10-2003, 03:53 AM
Yanner39

My feeling is that as long as he's not out there taking a faceoff besides Tommy with 20 seconds left in the game and the Oilers leading 2-1, I'm fine with it.

Old
10-10-2003, 07:15 AM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

I had no problem with Smitty as a center. I think we should keep the experiment alive for a bit longer. As long as it isn't a super important draw I don't mind him there at all.

He did score 2 goals...

Old
10-10-2003, 07:33 AM
Oiltalk

Nothing should change as long as the Oilers are winning as that is the bottom line.

Old
10-10-2003, 07:41 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

37% for a winger with a busted finger isn't terrible, the fact that he potted 2 goals in his first game at centre warrents him a 2nd game atleast.

Old
10-10-2003, 08:57 AM
barto

I noticed that Reasoner came out to take a draw in our own end once and immediately went to the bench after (winning it). I'd personally say it's too soon to give up on the idea - face-off technique can be taught, and Ryan seems like a guy who wants to learn new things. So yeah, pick your spots where you might have another guy out there to take a critical face-off, but otherwise let him go.

I'd rather him stick with it for a month or so straight than do some of that seemingly-constant shuffling around of personnel & lines we saw lots of early last year.

Bart

Old
10-10-2003, 09:01 AM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

6 wins, 10 losses. Not horrible. He'll get better.

Closed Thread