HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Erik Karlsson to Boston

Old
02-07-2011, 03:26 PM
yippiepaillemf

vCash: 500
Erik Karlsson to Boston

Pros: 20 yrs old, got 30 pts so far this year, developing into legit PMD

Cons: plays for division rival Ottawa, DREADFUL plus/minus rating, very high trade value

Thoughts?

yippiepaillemf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Lord Ahriman

Oh, boy, this will not end well.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonkat99 View Post
Pros: 20 yrs old, got 30 pts so far this year, developing into legit PMD

Cons: plays for division rival Ottawa, DREADFUL plus/minus rating, very high trade value

Thoughts?
You don't want to know.

It's in my best interest to keep them inside.

Uncle Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:30 PM
yippiepaillemf

lol someone was going to say it sooner or later, may as well be me.

Old
02-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.

Quote:
No, no they were not.

Uncle Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

He's a cornerstone in their rebuilding efforts. Ergo, he's not available.

Let's just leave it at that, shall we?

Bill Ladd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Gil Gunderson

Start with Se.....c'mon what did you expect?

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:

We've had this thread before. Some Ottawa fans will ask for Seguin. The rest will say Seguin isn't enough. None of the Boston fans will be willing to trade Seguin. There will be no middle ground. You'd be better off starting a Kaberle to Boston thread.

Ten Thousand Hours is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:34 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Seguin +

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

this has already been discussed multiple times...

the sens would want seguin if they are giving up karlsson, the bruins say no way, then both teams start arguing about which player is more valuable, bruins argue seguin becuase he was the #2 pick last year and is our franchise player, whom we will build the team around for years, sens agrue karlsson is a 20 year old dman with an allstar game under his belt and will be a top defensmen for years to come..

in other words theres no way bruins get karlsson without giving up too much

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:39 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
this has already been discussed multiple times...

the sens would want seguin if they are giving up karlsson, the bruins say no way, then both teams start arguing about which player is more valuable, bruins argue seguin becuase he was the #2 pick last year and is our franchise player, whom we will build the team around for years, sens agrue karlsson is a 20 year old dman with an allstar game under his belt and will be a top defensmen for years to come..

in other words theres no way bruins get karlsson without giving up too much

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:46 PM
yippiepaillemf

I only bring this up because Boston is one of the few teams who are in a position to overpay. Even with the Draft coming up only two guys really standout (Larsson, and to a lesser extent, Murphy), and considering the wealth of developing talent within the organization, I think Ottawa should take a 2nd look at guys like Colbourne, Spooner, Knight, Caron and even the upcoming 1st picks, all of which help with their rebuild. Ottawa gets several pieces for rebuild, while sacrificing just one.

Edit: The players and picks mentioned above was not intended as the full proposal.

Old
02-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Start with TOR 1st+

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Start with TOR 1st+
sadly i agree, ive never been one on HF to overvalue draft picks (one of the very few) but i will say this: if the + is something somewhat substantial then it just isnt worth it for the bruins. the TOR1st is going to be a great pick which is why it holds the value that it does, and could obviously turn out to be a player better than karlsson, thats obviously the risk in trading it or aquiring it (could be a lesser player than karlsson) but i think that if the + was a colborne or caron or pretty much any of the other top prospects the bruins have the bruins would be better served just keeping the pick and trying to draft themselves a karlsson of their own and keep the extra assets they would need to fork over. if it were boston 1st then obviously whole different ballgame

Old
02-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Start with TOR 1st+
sadly i agree, ive never been one on HF to overvalue draft picks (one of the very few) but i will say this: if the + is something somewhat substantial then it just isnt worth it for the bruins. the TOR1st is going to be a great pick which is why it holds the value that it does, and could obviously turn out to be a player better than karlsson, thats obviously the risk in trading it or aquiring it (could be a lesser player than karlsson) but i think that if the + was a colborne or caron or pretty much any of the other top prospects the bruins have the bruins would be better served just keeping the pick and trying to draft themselves a karlsson of their own and keep the extra assets they would need to fork over. if it were boston 1st then obviously whole different ballgame

Old
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
kanuck87

^^^ The + is going to have to be substantial.

The question becomes what would you trade to guarantee that top-10 pick turns into a stud, which is what Karlsson is well on his way to becoming. It would take more than a top-10 pick plus Colborne to pry away Karlsson, imo. I don't know how much more, but it's probably going to be more.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Baddkarma

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Will not be traded unless you are talking part of a block buster package or legit young star swap; ergo he is not going anywhere...

Baddkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Toronto 1st, Colborne and Stuart.

Bruins4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Faryn

I think a Marchand + Colbourne is about there value wise I think... Seguin is worth to much to even consider. I'm surprise Ottawa fans are even saying him, Seguin will be the better player no question.

Saying that Ottawa really likes Karlsson and with good reason I don't see them trading him. Though they could with Rundblad probably coming over next year and Cowen in the system too I think they need more help with their forward group and Marchand gives you skill and some very nice speed and Colborne is well a monster of a human being and will end up being a very good NHL player IMO .

Faryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:45 PM
yippiepaillemf

Marchand+Colbourne, my stomach is turning because of this, but you may very well be right.

Old
02-07-2011, 04:50 PM
nmbr_24

I'm a Bruins fan and I just don't see Ottawa trading Karlsson, I actually think he is probably the least likely Sen to be traded. In order for them to agree to move him, it would take a severe overpayment, an offer they just couldn't refuse.

On the other hand, I just don't see the Bruins as a team who would be willing to give up what it would take to get him nor do I see them as even inquiring about him because they know he isn't available.

Seguin isn't available, Hall isn't available, Skinner isn't available, Fowler isn't available and neither is Karlsson. It would take a huge overpayment to get any of these players.

Personally I would have no problem trading TO's 1st and a prospect for him, but why would the Sens do that. It would be a risk that whoever they do get will never turn into as good of a player as Karlsson and even if he did, it sets their rebuild back a year or more, it makes absolutely no sense for them to trade him.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Edgeworth*

Dear Boston:

Stop lunging at every decent PMD and offering them scraps for it, no we aren't giving you [insert good PMD here] for [Insert Wheeler, Ryder, or Ference]. We realize PMD's are a valuable commodity so we don't trade them until we have another one able to take his place. And while we do realize it increases your chances of winning that elusive cup, we don't care, we're not trading.

-signed, rest of HFBoards

Also if you legitimately mean this, it's going to be Marchand + Coleborne + pick. They need forwards for up front but Karlsson is good on both sides of the ice and creates offence, he is very promising and picking up the slack from Gonchar's lack of offence.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:52 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Marchand+Colborne isn't even really close. It starts with Toronto's 1st and Colborne and keeps going a little bit longer

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsox View Post
Marchand+Colborne isn't even really close. It starts with Toronto's 1st and Colborne and keeps going a little bit longer
you may be right but thats when it becomes not worth it for the bruins, any smart GM just doesnt invest that much into one player unless he is a can't miss, which karlsson isnt that YET, when he becomes a lidstrom/pronger type (in their primes) then yeah he would warrant a lottery pick, a top prospect and more.

skys the limit for the kid but i would rather have 2 guys that have high ceilings and let it play out then have just 1

Old
02-07-2011, 05:35 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by spozm View Post
Dear Boston:

Stop lunging at every decent PMD and offering them scraps for it, no we aren't giving you [insert good PMD here] for [Insert Wheeler, Ryder, or Ference]. We realize PMD's are a valuable commodity so we don't trade them until we have another one able to take his place. And while we do realize it increases your chances of winning that elusive cup, we don't care, we're not trading.

-signed, rest of HFBoards
Dear spozm:

Stop speaking for the rest of HFBoards. I'm pretty sure that you don't so please stop immediately.

- signed, BostonBob

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote