HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Blackhawks concerned about future, not past losses

Old
02-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Blackhawks concerned about future, not past losses

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?...lgh-ca-4234016

12 times we have led or been tied in 3rd and lost in regulation = Painful not getting those pts

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 05:07 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

vCash: 500
Whatever. If they're so concerned then let's see some urgency on the ice.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Hawkaholic

Misleading article title. I thought it was going to be about how maybe our prospects haven't been playing well, and so on.

One quote I heard from Sharp during the Vancouver game was that "we are giving extra effort tonight, playing harder than we normally play."

My question is, why the hell aren't they playing that way every game? Ever since this team got off to a horrible start they should of been playing their hearts out. That sort of statement makes me question the work ethic of some of these guys off the ice, as well as on it.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 06:08 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Misleading article title. I thought it was going to be about how maybe our prospects haven't been playing well, and so on.

One quote I heard from Sharp during the Vancouver game was that "we are giving extra effort tonight, playing harder than we normally play."

My question is, why the hell aren't they playing that way every game? Ever since this team got off to a horrible start they should of been playing their hearts out. That sort of statement makes me question the work ethic of some of these guys off the ice, as well as on it.
Actually they got off to a good start. Chicago was 5-2-1 out of the gate and then lost Hossa and things have been getting worse since then.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Because you can't redline it every game for 82 games, you run out of gas. Its not just the Hawks that do this.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Because you can't redline it every game for 82 games, you run out of gas. Its not just the Hawks that do this.
I agree with what you're saying, but you'd think that the extra effort would've kicked in sooner. We need to distance ourselves from the pack and we need to do this by putting more effort in and playing desperate at times (like when we're tied up or down a goal).

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Actually they got off to a good start. Chicago was 5-2-1 out of the gate and then lost Hossa and things have been getting worse since then.
I didn't mean the first 8 games, I mean the first 30 games. After the 30th or 40th game, they should of started "red lining it."

Sure, you can't do it for every single game for the rest of the season. But you can do it against playoff type teams and some what lay back a little more against the weaker teams, or Eastern Conf teams

But to only put an extra effort in against the top team in the league doesn't sit well with me. They should be playing that way against teams like Minnesota, Calgary, Colorado, and San Jose, etc.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmcgart View Post
I agree with what you're saying, but you'd think that the extra effort would've kicked in sooner. We need to distance ourselves from the pack and we need to do this by putting more effort in and playing desperate at times (like when we're tied up or down a goal).
They looked desperate to me these last 2 games. If it carries over to tonight I'll feel pretty good about this team. There are still a lot of games left. Now is the time to put the pedal down and solidify a playoff spot.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
They looked desperate to me these last 2 games. If it carries over to tonight I'll feel pretty good about this team. There are still a lot of games left. Now is the time to put the pedal down and solidify a playoff spot.
I agree. They've been playing good hockey lately and I know we're capable of keeping that trend, I just wish we we would've been able to show that same desire in all of the games where we headed into the 3rd period tied.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Badger36

Quote:
So you redline it against the best teams in the league and only play at 75% against the lesser teams. Its really not that hard.
The way the Hawks are playing right now, they dont deserve to make the playoffs. That performance against Calgary was pathetic. No fire, no passion, no urgency.

Last edited by Badger36: 02-08-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Badger36 is offline   Reply With Quote