HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Spezza to edmonton

Old
02-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam83 View Post
His faceoff % is pretty good this year but you can't tell me that Ottawa leans on him defensively? Looking at career numbers he's typically around 50% on the dot, which is good don't get me wrong but he also takes a lot less face offs then most number 1 centers because he doesn't PK and he doesn't take a lot of defensive zone face-offs. The Oilers are dead last in PK and dead last in face off, we need a franchise center who excels in the defensive aspects of the game, hopefully Couturier pans out
ding!ding!ding!
Zero for 2!

that's good stuff so far.
So to clarify you first said he's terrible on the draw and cant be leaned on defensively.
someone points out that he's top 10 in the league on the draw, honestly i havent bothered to look but i think he's top 5.
he's also solid defensively, more so every year hence his high number of takeaways and generally sound overall defence.
what you seem to be confusing is the overblown giveways and defensive play which is fine.
but that's ok you clearly dont watch him play.

then you switch gears and suggest that he takes far less faceoffs since he doesnt play the PK and doesnt take many defensive zone faceoffs.
wrong again! on both counts! (what are you batting so far here?..wow!)
he takes all key draws and plays the PK.

Cheers, im sure there's a way you can paint this to fit what you are saying...i cant wait!

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Please when hall or eberle are included with your first then you might get murray to listen to an offer for just spezza
Ya, OK!

His salary alone brings down his worth, let a lone all the injuries he has had lately.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:12 PM
OilDropHope

I wouldn't want Spezza. Do the rebuild properly, through the draft.
They would want solid young players for him and we cant afford that.

OilDropHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:13 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Please when hall or eberle are included with your first then you might get murray to listen to an offer for just spezza
I hope people look back and see the error in their ways regarding statements like these. You don't want to look silly too often. Hall was the first overall pick LAST YEAR! And he has looked good. You think you are getting last year's first overall and probably the first overall this year too for Spezza? Come on man, I hope you are drunk.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:14 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Ya, OK!

His salary alone brings down his worth, let a lone all the injuries he has had lately.
First line center point a game or better when healthy career ,yep iam nuts .Edmonton fans want him that would be the price you have to give to get ,ottawa doesnt need to trade him other wise

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:20 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I hope people look back and see the error in their ways regarding statements like these. You don't want to look silly too often. Hall was the first overall pick LAST YEAR! And he has looked good. You think you are getting last year's first overall and probably the first overall this year too for Spezza? Come on man, I hope you are drunk.
Look talk to me when hall or eberle scores as much as spezza k .Why would ottawa trade him for less really, every time there is one of these trade rumors from edmonton its the same crap.We want spezza and or one of your nice defensive prospects but they are only worth scraps.And when we even try and to
and argue we get flamed for it .

Fact is a top line center and a big shut down defender are two of edmonton,s biggest need,s going forward and they think they can get both for nothing from ottawa

Old
02-07-2011, 07:20 PM
burgess1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
This isn't even the best/funniest/worst rumor in that post, that would be Sheldon Souray to the Rangers for one of

Wade Redden (Which he says is unlikely)
Chris Drury (Except it would be Souray/Cogliano for Drury...which makes no sense)
Marian Gaborik (and something else from the Oilers)
He doesn't exactly say that. He says it would be Drury for Souray as a dump but Edmonton would need to add something because Drury is more likely to play in the NHL (even if only on the 4th line)

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:21 PM
tv14

Ok let me get this straight, recently Bob McKenzie said that Spezza's contract is unmoveable and now he's worth potential 1st overall?

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:24 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 723
why would the oilers pick up Spezza contact

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:25 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Ok let me get this straight, recently Bob McKenzie said that Spezza's contract is unmoveable and now he's worth potential 1st overall?
So i guess we keep him and edmonton can hope one of thier kids can become as good as spezza has been for ottawa

Old
02-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Richard Cloutier is nothing more than a homeristic Oiler fan who posts waked out Oiler trade proposals akin to Lakai17, newoilburnsclean, and others. Passionate fans who have a bias towards Edmonton. Problem is one writes for hockeybuzz.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:32 PM
OilDropHope

Quote:
Look talk to me when hall or eberle scores as much as spezza k .Why would ottawa trade him for less really, every time there is one of these trade rumors from edmonton its the same crap.We want spezza and or one of your nice defensive prospects but they are only worth scraps.And when we even try and to
and argue we get flamed for it .

Fact is a top line center and a big shut down defender are two of edmonton,s biggest need,s going forward and they think they can get both for nothing from ottawa
We don't want Spezza...We already have young players and prospects that can score. We don't want an overpaid mutt like Spezza.

Old
02-07-2011, 07:42 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDropHope View Post
We don't want Spezza...We already have young players and prospects that can score. We don't want an overpaid mutt like Spezza.
Good keep your players and we will keep ours ,and try to grow up a little huh.I havent bashed any edmonton player why do you slam ours

Old
02-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Except for the fact that its pretty much the same trade that killed the Islanders (Yashin for Spezza and Chara). Sure, if you want to ignore THAT.
Thats not a good comparison. No player in this draft is projected to be as good as Speeza was in his draft year. And Chara was considered a project at the time and nobody predicted him being a future Norris trophy calibar dman. A horrible trade for the Isles but not a good comparison.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
why would the oilers pick up Spezza contact
ill take a shot at this;
so he can put up a hundred points playing with Hall and Eberle, and to help Hall and Eberle become 50 and 30 goal scorers respectively - possibly giving them one of the top lines in the league in a couple of years.

just a guess.

its not going to be a problem since Ottawa has ZERO reasons to trade him.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:48 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
ill take a shot at this;
so he can put up a hundred points playing with Hall and Eberle, and to help Hall and Eberle become 50 and 30 goal scorers respectively - possibly giving them one of the top lines in the league in a couple of years.

just a guess.

But he is only worth penner smid and a second

Old
02-07-2011, 07:48 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Yeah true, but wingers are the easiest position to find. I could be very wrong, but you know, it takes most teams 4 years. Spezza = gone the Sens have 4 years of development into kids who can step in and become the future. The future of the Sens does not lie with Spezza, can we agree on that at least? Cause that's where I'm coming from. 4 years from now what will the Sens look like? I bet they'll be good if they don't muck it up.
That's a question that opens up a huge can of worms. The future doesn't lie solely on Spezza, but he's a massive piece considering he's the top line C - even if he's pushed down to 2nd line C, he's still gonna be a major part of a contending Ottawa team (and possibly a big part of a lottery Ottawa team). I think the future of Ottawa depends on a whole whack of things:

-who we draft this year
-will Rundblad's amazing success from the SEL translate to the NHL
-will Cowen come in and be successful and dominating like he is in the W
-will Wiercioch get comfortable in the pros and make the jump to the NHL
-will Lehner finally bring some stability to the Sens' net
-will one or more of Silfverberg, Butler, Sorenson, Petersson be able to score at the NHL level
-will Spezza and co. be able to mesh with the youngsters and produce winning hockey

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:51 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

vCash: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
ill take a shot at this;

just a guess.

Spezza couldn't even put up 100 points when he had two 100 point wingers playing with him. He hasn't even been a point-per-game player since the 2007-2007 season.

OilerTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:52 PM
OneSharpMarble

I think I would rather have Larsson or Couturier than Spezza, yuck.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:52 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Not a smart post.

Old
02-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paajallberle View Post
Spezza couldn't even put up 100 points when he had two 100 point wingers playing with him. He hasn't even been a point-per-game player since the 2007-2007 season.
He had 90 points in 68 games in 05-06 and 87 points in 67 games in 06-07. He would have obviously been able to do it without injuries.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:55 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
No, he put up 92 points in 68 games.

Why is it that the insecure Oilers fans come out of the woodwork in threads like this? What's it to you? You're not getting Spezza anyway, just relax and hope you get the player you want in the draft. Then when you're done drafting, hope that that player becomes the point producer that Spezza is. Then, in 5 years, give us a ring and we'll see if it all worked out for you.

Old
02-07-2011, 07:57 PM
OilDropHope

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Not a smart post.
Man, the guy is so injury prone. I'll admit he's had good seasons though. It's just not a smart trade for either team. Nuff said.

Old
02-07-2011, 07:58 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
so that makes him bad i guess we should trade him for nothing, he had 57 points in 60 games last year .

Old
02-07-2011, 07:59 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Man, the guy is so injury prone. I'll admit he's had good seasons though. It's just not a smart trade for either team. Nuff said.
Definitely not. The Oilers wouldn't give up some of their youth - and that's absolutely right. The Sens don't want to part with the only offensive threat they have right now who's but 27 years old - and rightfully so.

The Oilers and Sens have never made good trade partners, nothing's changed - except HockeyBuzz keeps trying to force-feed both fan bases dumb rumours.