HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Erik Karlsson to Boston

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2011, 06:40 PM
  #26
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spozm View Post
Dear Boston:

Stop lunging at every decent PMD and offering them scraps for it, no we aren't giving you [insert good PMD here] for [Insert Wheeler, Ryder, or Ference]. We realize PMD's are a valuable commodity so we don't trade them until we have another one able to take his place. And while we do realize it increases your chances of winning that elusive cup, we don't care, we're not trading.

-signed, rest of HFBoards



Also if you legitimately mean this, it's going to be Marchand + Coleborne + pick. They need forwards for up front but Karlsson is good on both sides of the ice and creates offence, he is very promising and picking up the slack from Gonchar's lack of offence.
dear spazm:

just because one fan is stupid enough to start this thread dont group the rest of the Bruins fans in with him. look through the thread, we all realize he is not going to be moved and if he was it would cost seguin+ so we would not do it. stop trying to speak for everyone else and read through peoples responses.

way to go...

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 06:43 PM
  #27
Dr Danglefest
Vindication
 
Dr Danglefest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beantown
Country: United States
Posts: 2,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
Dear spozm:

Stop speaking for the rest of HFBoards. I'm pretty sure that you don't so please stop immediately.

- signed, BostonBob
PS. next time add something of value in your post.
PPS. all fans pull those shenanigens, and that definately includes the Sens, get off your high horse john wayne

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 06:45 PM
  #28
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,685
vCash: 500
yeah, ten foot pole, all that.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 06:46 PM
  #29
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
PS. next time add something of value in your post.
PPS. all fans pull those shenanigens, and that definately includes the Sens, get off your high horse john wayne
Oh and I guess your post is just full of " value " . It's full of something all right but I don't think that it's value.
P.S. My name is not John Wayne and I bet that you're not even a real Doctor.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:11 PM
  #30
Dr Danglefest
Vindication
 
Dr Danglefest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beantown
Country: United States
Posts: 2,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
Oh and I guess your post is just full of " value " . It's full of something all right but I don't think that it's value.
P.S. My name is not John Wayne and I bet that you're not even a real Doctor.
that was directed towards the same guy you were talking to Bob, thats why it was a PS, ie Post Script, add on to your post

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:22 PM
  #31
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
Oh and I guess your post is just full of " value " . It's full of something all right but I don't think that it's value.
P.S. My name is not John Wayne and I bet that you're not even a real Doctor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
that was directed towards the same guy you were talking to Bob, thats why it was a PS, ie Post Script, add on to your post
Yeah - I missed that. Anyway like I was saying - why can't everybody here have posts that are full of value like Dr Danglefest ????

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:25 PM
  #32
Dougie Seguin
2011 Cup Champs
 
Dougie Seguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Lifer View Post
Toronto 1st, Colborne and Stuart.
If Ottawa was interested in that and both Larsson and Murphy were off the table with the pick i would do that, even add more

Dougie Seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 08:30 PM
  #33
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 25.6%
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 19,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
you may be right but thats when it becomes not worth it for the bruins, any smart GM just doesnt invest that much into one player unless he is a can't miss, which karlsson isnt that YET, when he becomes a lidstrom/pronger type (in their primes) then yeah he would warrant a lottery pick, a top prospect and more.

skys the limit for the kid but i would rather have 2 guys that have high ceilings and let it play out then have just 1
Exactly, any smart GM knows Karlsson just isn't on the table.

If you want him or any player like him, you're going to have to sell the farm, the cows, the chickens, a tractor, and probably your dog too.

It has to be worth it from the other end too.

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 08:39 PM
  #34
WhalerTurnedBruin55
Registered User
 
WhalerTurnedBruin55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spozm View Post
Dear Boston:

Stop lunging at every decent PMD and offering them scraps for it, no we aren't giving you [insert good PMD here] for [Insert Wheeler, Ryder, or Ference]. We realize PMD's are a valuable commodity so we don't trade them until we have another one able to take his place. And while we do realize it increases your chances of winning that elusive cup, we don't care, we're not trading.

-signed, rest of HFBoards



Also if you legitimately mean this, it's going to be Marchand + Coleborne + pick. They need forwards for up front but Karlsson is good on both sides of the ice and creates offence, he is very promising and picking up the slack from Gonchar's lack of offence.
Dear the rest of HFBoards,
Please do not classify all Bruins fans in this umbrella of making ridiculous proposals. Most level headed Bruins fans that pay attention to the league outside of Massachusetts know full the value of young 20 year old players and that we are not likely to get one without giving up a high draft pick or top prospects, if at all.

Sincerely,
Bruins fan that is shaking his head at this proposal (and similar ones)

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 08:39 PM
  #35
Alfieghetti
inflamed
 
Alfieghetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
I wouldn`t be comfortable getting just Seguin for Karlsson. I`d need MORE.

Alfieghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 08:42 PM
  #36
SENSational Sens Fan
Registered User
 
SENSational Sens Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,031
vCash: 500
Either Seguin or TOR 1st++, neither of which Boston would be willing to offer, so there is no deal to be made here.

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 08:47 PM
  #37
4thliner*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
sadly i agree, ive never been one on HF to overvalue draft picks (one of the very few) but i will say this: if the + is something somewhat substantial then it just isnt worth it for the bruins. the TOR1st is going to be a great pick which is why it holds the value that it does, and could obviously turn out to be a player better than karlsson, thats obviously the risk in trading it or aquiring it (could be a lesser player than karlsson) but i think that if the + was a colborne or caron or pretty much any of the other top prospects the bruins have the bruins would be better served just keeping the pick and trying to draft themselves a karlsson of their own and keep the extra assets they would need to fork over. if it were boston 1st then obviously whole different ballgame
Bruins would do Toronto's 1st plus something probably their own 1st for Karlsson in a heartbeat. But that would be idiotic for Ottawa to do. Karlsson is money and what you would hope your top 5 pick turnout to be.

Bruins can just as easily draft a Karlsson of their own as in Ryan Murphy but I think it will take him at least 2 or 3 years to play in Boston. And it is yet to be seen if he will be an impact player in the NHL in short order let alone an all-star his 2nd year.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 08:52 PM
  #38
Dylbot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,855
vCash: 500
Everything they got for Kessel.

Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:52 PM
  #39
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,927
vCash: 500
I'm really impressed with all the Bruin fans on this thread.

I thought i'd get people saying: **** off, Karlsson is good but not worth Toronto's first alone!

I only see classy responses to what could have be a huge ****fest

Either way, like everyone said, not gonna happen.

Even though making this thread was kind of unnecessary, i understand a Bruins fan wanting to ask for Karlsson. He is probably the ONLY piece left for them to be contenders, for a long, long time.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:54 PM
  #40
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Seguin.
I don't think I'd do it for both 1sts this year unless one is top 4.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:10 PM
  #41
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,877
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I'm really impressed with all the Bruin fans on this thread.

I thought i'd get people saying: **** off, Karlsson is good but not worth Toronto's first alone!

I only see classy responses to what could have be a huge ****fest

Either way, like everyone said, not gonna happen.

Even though making this thread was kind of unnecessary, i understand a Bruins fan wanting to ask for Karlsson. He is probably the ONLY piece left for them to be contenders, for a long, long time.
This. Most B's fans in this thread are making a very classy and mature showing of themselves.

To the OP, why start this thread? Murray has said multiple times that Karlsson, Spezza, and Alfie are not going anywhere. Even if he hadn't, players like Karlsson you just don't trade. Starting this thread was as idiotic as if a Sens fan had posted a thread asking for value of Seguin.

Even if the Sens would move EK (they WON'T), they would probably want Seguin, TOR 1st 2011, and maybe more (think Kessel for Seguin, Knight, and 2011 lottery pick overpayment). BOS wouldn't do that, so why bother?

/thread

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:33 PM
  #42
Dr Danglefest
Vindication
 
Dr Danglefest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beantown
Country: United States
Posts: 2,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Bruins would do Toronto's 1st plus something probably their own 1st for Karlsson in a heartbeat. But that would be idiotic for Ottawa to do. Karlsson is money and what you would hope your top 5 pick turnout to be.

Bruins can just as easily draft a Karlsson of their own as in Ryan Murphy but I think it will take him at least 2 or 3 years to play in Boston. And it is yet to be seen if he will be an impact player in the NHL in short order let alone an all-star his 2nd year.
yeah i guess thats what i was trying to say, its such a fine line between obtaining a karlsson (allstar in his second year, but not fully proven, however theres no indication he will ever regress) or just keeping what you have( MAYBE draft a karlsson, MAYBE someone better, MAYBE someone who doesnt pan out, plus whatever high draft pick or top prospect, do you sacrifice a colborne or a caron who project as top 6 guys along with your lotto pick to obtain that young blueliner

idk theres risk in any trade but i just dont think itd be wise to sell the farm or a seguin+some of the farm to obtain karlsson BECUASE the bruins are a young team who have a young tender, young leaders and have the luxury to wait 2-3 years for thier prospects and picks to pan out

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:42 PM
  #43
Dr Danglefest
Vindication
 
Dr Danglefest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beantown
Country: United States
Posts: 2,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
This. Most B's fans in this thread are making a very classy and mature showing of themselves.

To the OP, why start this thread? Murray has said multiple times that Karlsson, Spezza, and Alfie are not going anywhere. Even if he hadn't, players like Karlsson you just don't trade. Starting this thread was as idiotic as if a Sens fan had posted a thread asking for value of Seguin.

Even if the Sens would move EK (they WON'T), they would probably want Seguin, TOR 1st 2011, and maybe more (think Kessel for Seguin, Knight, and 2011 lottery pick overpayment). BOS wouldn't do that, so why bother?

/thread
I suppose the only difference with the kessel trade and a karlsson trade would be that Burke and Toronto didnt know they were trading away lotto picks, if he had i can 100% garuntee you he would not have made that trade, nor would any other GM. i dont think the kessel trade should ever be a blueprint for any trade, it has become highway robbery, but wasnt exactly that at the time. which is why its hard to say someone is worth 2 lotto picks+ more becuase anyone can draw the conclusion that kessel hasnt been worth it and wasnt worth that at the time of the trade

but like ive said itd take an overpayment to get EK and itd be one that the bruins say no to.

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:13 PM
  #44
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Just want to thank the Bruins fans for being pretty reasonable in this thread.

Part of the problem with 20 year old players like Karlsson is that, teams can't trade them because if they reach the potential they seem to have, the team will look stupid. It makes valuation near impossible, even where really good assets are going back.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:19 PM
  #45
Alex28*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,989
vCash: 500
Ottawa probably asks for Seguin, Krejci, Caron, Kampfer and Toronto's first. May seem like an overpayment now, but once Karlsson really starts to dominated Boston will be laughing their ***** off at how much they robbed Ottawa. Best get him while his value is still relatively low compared to what he's capable of.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:12 AM
  #46
sauce11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
slightly off-topic, but based on what i've read in other posts, Joe Colborne seems to be a highly prized prospect. i figured since there was a lot of bruins fans responding to this thread, i would ask what his game his like, when he would be expected to make a permanent jump to the B's, who he would be comparable to etc.

bruins fans?

sauce11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:14 AM
  #47
yippiepaillemf
Registered User
 
yippiepaillemf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatlender View Post
Ottawa probably asks for Seguin, Krejci, Caron, Kampfer and Toronto's first. May seem like an overpayment now, but once Karlsson really starts to dominated Boston will be laughing their ***** off at how much they robbed Ottawa. Best get him while his value is still relatively low compared to what he's capable of.
overpayment on this particular proposal is quite the understatement. I'm pretty sure Chia would be dodging bullets if he pulled the trigger on that one, but at least you got the picture for the most part. Now that I (as the OP) look at this thread again, what I should have asked was "Value of: Boston overpaying now to acquire one of two final pieces to put themselves in the Stanley Cup Final". But, I have to admit the responses I had to the thread were very insightful (most responses, anyways).

Oh yea, the two final pieces I was referring to were PMD and High Scoring winger.

yippiepaillemf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:23 AM
  #48
yippiepaillemf
Registered User
 
yippiepaillemf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce11 View Post
slightly off-topic, but based on what i've read in other posts, Joe Colborne seems to be a highly prized prospect. i figured since there was a lot of bruins fans responding to this thread, i would ask what his game his like, when he would be expected to make a permanent jump to the B's, who he would be comparable to etc.

bruins fans?
His potential is very high, he could be lacing them up for the B's as soon as next season. Who would he be comparable to? I want to say Joe Thornton Lite, but that seems a bit too generous. He kind of reminds me of Wheels right now, but he has the potential to be better.

yippiepaillemf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 05:56 AM
  #49
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce11 View Post
slightly off-topic, but based on what i've read in other posts, Joe Colborne seems to be a highly prized prospect. i figured since there was a lot of bruins fans responding to this thread, i would ask what his game his like, when he would be expected to make a permanent jump to the B's, who he would be comparable to etc.

bruins fans?
His game is similar to Joe Thornton, not that good, but style wise it is close.

If the Bruins didn't have so many centers I think he might already be on the team. Realistically, I have a feeling he makes it to the NHL as early as next season. It might depend on the status of Marc Savard or he might get traded at the deadline, although I think the Bruins management really like him so I don't know how likely that is.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 06:59 AM
  #50
KrugLife
Registered Champion
 
KrugLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Winchesterfieldville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
I was almost scared to click on this thread...

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.