HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Send Del Zotto Down

Old
02-07-2011, 10:09 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
trade him while we can still get value.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:11 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
MDZ had tons of value last year, his value dropped to an all time low this year, you don't sell low, you sell high and buy low.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Camden

Quote:
Agreed. He's already 20... not much room left for any sort of improvement. I actually expected him to play until he was 40 years old, with no set backs in his development, and be a future HOFer. So, this "sophomore slump" nonsense is really not acceptable...

Camden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:23 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden View Post
Agreed. He's already 20... not much room left for any sort of improvement. I actually expected him to play until he was 40 years old, with no set backs in his development, and be a future HOFer. So, this "sophomore slump" nonsense is really not acceptable...
1) Not much room for any sort of improvement? Most defensemen don't develop fully until they are 22-23 years old. Even Doughty is having a terrible slump.

2) You expected him to be a HOFer? Talk about setting expectations WAY TOO HIGH.

3) Your post is 'not acceptable'

Old
02-07-2011, 10:25 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
1) Not much room for any sort of improvement? Most defensemen don't develop fully until they are 22-23 years old. Even Doughty is having a terrible slump.

2) You expected him to be a HOFer? Talk about setting expectations WAY TOO HIGH.

He was being sarcastic...I think

02-07-2011, 10:29 PM
NikC

MDZ our new leetch!! should be in the AHL. our idiot coach thinks this is helping him. torts is becoming part of the problem with this team right now. he's a pigheaded @ss.

Old
02-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Camden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post

... what's the definition of sarcasm?

My post served its purpose... it was irrational... just like the majority of posts these days about MDZ. He's absolutely struggling... not denying that... but the criticism towards him is nuts. An uber talented, 20 year old dman, is now the "whipping boy"... he could make the smallest mistake, and people will complain he had a terrible game. But if on Friday he scores two goals against the Thrashers and minimizes his mistakes defensively, I bet there would be some posts about "how he's turned the corner".

It's definitely an interesting read/ride right now as an outside observer...

Camden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:36 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden View Post
... what's the definition of sarcasm?

My post served its purpose... it was irrational... just like the majority of posts these days about MDZ. He's absolutely struggling... not denying that... but the criticism towards him is nuts. An uber talented, 20 year old dman, is now the "whipping boy"... he could make the smallest mistake, and people will complain he had a terrible game. But if on Friday he scores two goals against the Thrashers and minimizes his mistakes defensively, I bet there would be some posts about "how he's turned the corner".

It's definitely an interesting read/ride right now as an outside observer...
My apologies. My Sarcasm Detector broke when I smashed it after the last few minutes of this game.

Old
02-07-2011, 10:42 PM
NikC

It's funny how MDZ wasn't NHL ready according to Torts a few weeks ago, then suddenly after filling (badly at that) in for a hurt Girardi he's
ready for prime time all of a sudden?

MDZ just recently said that he took the comment from torts about not having a PPQB on the team personally. He shouldn't be worried about having to be that for his club @ 19! Another example of Torts burning out the youth.

Old
02-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Rangers44*

Del Zotto is the biggest disappointment this season. I am starting to think we need to trande him ASAP, I don't see any improvement in any area only regression.

Maybe we should trade him and sign or trade for a real offensive defenseman.

Trading Sanguinetti turned out to be the right move his career is really in question at this point. And Del Zotto is going in the similar direction.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
It's funny how MDZ wasn't NHL ready according to Torts a few weeks ago, then suddenly after filling (badly at that) in for a hurt Girardi he's

MDZ just recently said that he took the comment from torts about not having a PPQB on the team personally. He shouldn't be worried about having to be that for his club @ 19! Another example of Torts burning out the youth.
I said the same thing in another thread, guess the orders for Del Zotto to play must be coming from above cause Torts defintely did not want him here before the break and it is hard to say in what aspect he has looked improved at all?

In the other thread they were talking that Gilroy or Eminger are more likely being shopped as rentals, but who really knows? Could they be showcasing (hahah) Del Zotto as part of a package to bring back a young d-man who can help now? I doubt it, I really do, but stranger things have happened.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
All 20 year olds struggling in the NHL should be traded asap. Brilliant logic.

Quote:
MDZ our new leetch!! should be in the AHL. our idiot coach thinks this is helping him. torts is becoming part of the problem with this team right now. he's a pigheaded @ss.
Only a fool would compare MDZ and Leetch. Two totally different players, actually.

Quote:

Team hasn't been scoring. Torts probably wanted the more offensive dmen in the line-up against a team that knows how to defend.

MDZ had a few 20-minute games last season. You can critique Torts for overusing him (and Gilroy) last season, but he's consistently skimped their TOI this season. Burning the youth, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
Del Zotto is the biggest disappointment this season. I am starting to think we need to trande him ASAP, I don't see any improvement in any area only regression.

Maybe we should trade him and sign or trade for a real offensive defenseman.

Trading Sanguinetti turned out to be the right move his career is really in question at this point. And Del Zotto is going in the similar direction.
Compare MDZ's NHL stats to Sanguinetti's AHL stats. Bobby couldn't even survive Torts's ****ing hell-camp. He collapsed like a baby during hell week. Go and take a look at how he's doing this season, btw~

The biggest dissapointment here, is how some guys are expecting a 20 year old to play the hardest position on the ice with ease. Look at how many sophomore dmen this season are struggling. Bogosian and Myers ring a bell, and both are superior to Del Zotto. You think Atlanta and Buffalo are looking to get rid of their prized young dmen, because they're struggling their second year in the pro? Grow up.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:58 PM
E Nixson