HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kessel to Anaheim

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2011, 04:14 PM
  #76
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
1] i don't know how the twins came into this but yeah he would do good with the twins. two of the best players in the world and a 30+goal scorer with great speed playing with them.

2}when does kessel get 1 min 30 on the PP -- fail

3}the teams you play against decide who the main focus will be put on. in toronto its clearly kessel and in anaheim its clearly getzlaf/perry
1. Several times in this thread you've said he'd get 40 playing along side
them. That's how they got brought in...

2. The point is that Ryan doesnt get much oppurtunity on the powerplay at all, despite who he plays against. My gut tells me that Kessel gets every oppurtunity on the powerplay in Toronto.

3. This argument is hardly valid on the powerplay, it's more of an argument for even strength.
Teams have their top penalty killing units and they always go against the opposing teams
top pp unit.

This all started because you said Ryan plays with elite players on the powerplay which was a complete FAIL. Stating that Ryan gets more oppurtunity then Kessel on the powerplay is a fail itself.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:22 PM
  #77
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jepjepjoo View Post
This year without Getzlaf: 1.00 PPG
Last year without Getzlaf: 0.69 PPG

So that's a lie.

Edit. Perry has been good without Getz this season.
it is a fact that Perry carried the offense in Getzlaf's absence each of the last 2 seasons.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:22 PM
  #78
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jepjepjoo View Post
This year without Getzlaf: 1.00 PPG
Last year without Getzlaf: 0.69 PPG

So that's a lie.

Edit. Perry has been good without Getz this season.
perry has become one of the best all around players in the game. it's just a bonus for the ducks that they have two that can play together. with or without getzlaf, perry is elite.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:24 PM
  #79
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
1. Several times in this thread you've said he'd get 40 playing along side
them. That's how they got brought in...

2. The point is that Ryan doesnt get much oppurtunity on the powerplay at all, despite who he plays against. My gut tells me that Kessel gets every oppurtunity on the powerplay in Toronto.

3. This argument is hardly valid on the powerplay, it's more of an argument for even strength.
Teams have their top penalty killing units and they always go against the opposing teams
top pp unit.

This all started because you said Ryan plays with elite players on the powerplay which was a complete FAIL. Stating that Ryan gets more oppurtunity then Kessel on the powerplay is a fail itself.
lets just agree to disagree and move on

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:26 PM
  #80
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
1] i don't know how the twins came into this but yeah he would do good with the twins. two of the best players in the world and a 30+goal scorer with great speed playing with them.

2}when does kessel get 1 min 30 on the PP -- fail

3}the teams you play against decide who the main focus will be put on. in toronto its clearly kessel and in anaheim its clearly getzlaf/perry
1. Getz/Perry play best with a grinder who holds the puck down low, aka Penner, and aka not Kessel. Kessel would fit better with Ryan, if he fits at all.
2. ducksstud took care of this one.
3. I dont think its fair that people take away from Ryan's ability b/c he is on a better team. Kessel got his contract based on one good season with Marc Savard, should we account that to being a product of him?

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:43 PM
  #81
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
1. Getz/Perry play best with a grinder who holds the puck down low, aka Penner, and aka not Kessel. Kessel would fit better with Ryan, if he fits at all.
2. ducksstud took care of this one.
3. I dont think its fair that people take away from Ryan's ability b/c he is on a better team. Kessel got his contract based on one good season with Marc Savard, should we account that to being a product of him?


with savard kessel scored 36. with nobdy the next year in toronto he scored 30. this year he's at 19 goals in 52 games which puts him close to 30 again this year. so 2 years of similar production without savard. so i would say no.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:44 PM
  #82
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrinski View Post
... You realize his lack of defensive ability is the reason he was demoted to the third line, and the reason we have to deal with all these 'Kessel wants out' threads, right?
You realize that the reason he was demoted to the 3rd line is because all of his scoring chances were coming from individual efforts anyways.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 04:46 PM
  #83
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
You realize that the reason he was demoted to the 3rd line is because all of his scoring chances were coming from individual efforts anyways.
this is true.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 05:17 PM
  #84
Paul4587
Registered User
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post

2. The point is that Ryan doesnt get much oppurtunity on the powerplay at all, despite who he plays against. My gut tells me that Kessel gets every oppurtunity on the powerplay in Toronto.
You're right, Kessel has played a minute more per game on the PP this year. That's about 50 minutes in total over the season so far. Despite this, Ryan has more goals, assists and points than Kessel. Not only is Ryan better offensively, he's also more physical and regularly kills penalties for the Ducks.

And for those who say Ryan is feeding off Getzlaf and Perry, you clearly don't watch many Ducks games. Ask any Ducks fan, they will tell you that Ryan plays his best when he's not on Getzlaf's line. He's miles better when he's the primary puck carrier on the line which isn't usually the case when playing with Getzlaf and Perry.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 05:25 PM
  #85
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!
 
Kessel>Seguin +'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 4,757
vCash: 500
Beleskey + Palmieri + 2nd

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 05:28 PM
  #86
KesselPhaneufTML
Registered User
 
KesselPhaneufTML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brantford, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
not a chance we take blake back

KesselPhaneufTML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 06:02 PM
  #87
PhoenyX
Registered User
 
PhoenyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
And for those who say Ryan is feeding off Getzlaf and Perry, you clearly don't watch many Ducks games. Ask any Ducks fan, they will tell you that Ryan plays his best when he's not on Getzlaf's line. He's miles better when he's the primary puck carrier on the line which isn't usually the case when playing with Getzlaf and Perry.
Yep. Ryan produces more when he's not playing on the first line. He and Getzlaf's styles clash too much (they both want to be the primary puck carrier) and most Ducks fans, including myself, feel as though Ryan gets wasted on the first line. He doesn't need Getz or Perry, and they don't really need them. Now of course every once in a while they tear it up during a game and look unstoppable, but that doesn't happen too often.

And to the guy who asked, Ryan never (unless there is an injury) plays on the first PP unit. He plays on the second which doesn't get that much playing time and is pretty much garbage. And for those who think Ryan is some sort of product of Getzlaf and Perry, did you even watch him at all during his rookie season? He played on the 3rd and 4th line with little PP time for 90% of the season and still put up 31 goals. He finally got bumped up to the top line when we traded Kunitz.

I'm not sure I'd want Kessel on the Ducks for what it would likely cost. He doesn't really fit our system that well. I think he's too streaky, not anywhere near physical enough, and he is a defensive liability. You have to play both ends of the rink with Carlyle and I can't imagine Kessel and Carlyle would get along. Ryan is a far more complete player (physical, kills penalites, excellent back checker, good in his own zone, etc.) than Kessel.

Blake doesn't exactly fit our system either, but he's a perfect match for Selanne and Koivu. He may not put up too many points, but he does a lot of the grunt work on that line. I love his work ethic.

PhoenyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:57 AM
  #88
mightyquack
Moderator
You're the man Teemu
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 20,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Getzlaf/Ryan/Perry rely on each other to create offence. Kessel has nobody in Toronto. Regardless, teams don't trade their only premier player who happens to be 23 years old for depth.
Stop posting on things you have no idea about.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:04 AM
  #89
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksFan08 View Post
Just for fun after the whole "maybe it's time for a change"

To Ana: Phil Kessel
To tor: 2011 1st, Peter Holland, Jason Blake

Why does Anaheim do it? We could sure use another top 6 player. Kessel is a 30-40 goal guy. I think he would look good with Ryan. The change of scenery and less media attention might benefit him.

Why does toronto do it? They get a decent return for an unhappy player. A 1st round pick that is probably around 15-20. Holland is another 1st rounder. A solid C prospect. Blake is the salary dump and still a very good 3rd liner.
1 the whole things has benn squashed by Burke saying that Kessel has told him he wants to finish his career as a Leaf.

Jason Blake makes this offer a DISGRACE

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:06 AM
  #90
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,291
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
Name one player who Getzlaf and Perry have magically turned in to a 40 goal scorer? Sorry bro, but facts back me up.
When it comes to kessel, they don't have to turn him into anything. He will EASILY score 40+ with those 2, it's about the style of game those 2 play and the amount of SPACE they will create for Kessel.

Those 2 would be kessel's dream line mates imo, getzlaf could feed him but the amount of space they can create for him, he will snipe 40 easily and I am not being bias one bit.

Adding to the fact, perry is a stud and is a goal scorer himself, Kessel would feel like he died and went to heaven with the amount of space he would have to work with.

Sonny21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:11 AM
  #91
last row purple
Registered User
 
last row purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
1 the whole things has benn squashed by Burke saying that Kessel has told him he wants to finish his career as a Leaf.

Jason Blake makes this offer a DISGRACE
not really. Im a Leafs fan and didnt think the OP was that bad. 1 year of Jason Blake isnt the end of the world.
End of the day, Burke wont trade Kessel for any less than he gave up, because he is stubborn and wont want to admit he was wrong.
The entire reason he gave up so much for Kessel in the first place was for the very same reason. He didnt want to send an offer sheet because he was so outspoken about the Penner deal.
We still would have given up Seguin, but this years 1st would still be at our disposal.

People say you cant cry over spilled milk, but when you spill the same glass repeatedly and dont learn from it, theres an issue.
In other words, Burke should keep his mouth shut more often and learn to swallow his pride for the sake being effective at his job.

last row purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:15 AM
  #92
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by last row purple View Post
not really. Im a Leafs fan and didnt think the OP was that bad. 1 year of Jason Blake isnt the end of the world.
End of the day, Burke wont trade Kessel for any less than he gave up, because he is stubborn and wont want to admit he was wrong.
The entire reason he gave up so much for Kessel in the first place was for the very same reason. He didnt want to send an offer sheet because he was so outspoken about the Penner deal.
We still would have given up Seguin, but this years 1st would still be at our disposal.

People say you cant cry over spilled milk, but when you spill the same glass repeatedly and dont learn from it, theres an issue.
In other words, Burke should keep his mouth shut more often and learn to swallow his pride for the sake being effective at his job.
sure I'll take Blak back if the ducks take Komi LOL

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.