HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers still interested in Fedor Tyutin(Updated)

Old
02-08-2011, 02:16 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Please......pass on the Russian factor...build our forwards & blue line with the Canadian and US kids .
Keep the disgusting bias to yourself.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

id like Tyutin but there is no need for him.

if anyone on the jackets defense id rather have any of Klesla, Methot or Hedja....

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 06:53 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
Finally, somebody that "gets" it. HE would have helped our powerless play. But the Baffoon from Banf-f-f is a vindicative old coot and his coach is a caveman. But there's light at the end of the tunnel. They won't be here forever, but with our luck they may outlive us all.

This season is lining up for another middle of the pack finish just outside of the sweet 16.
As much as Sather makes me ill, i'm even more terrified as to what "brilliant hockey mind" the Dolans may bring in after he's gone, lol

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:00 AM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I got your back hnNYR. Good to see I'm not the only one offended by this crap.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:05 AM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
As much as Sather makes me ill, i'm even more terrified as to what "brilliant hockey mind" the Dolans may bring in after he's gone, lol
Ha, ha

I know what you mean Doobs. The old grass being greener on the other side.

I just want the Edmonton East era to go away.

But I will grudginly give the Baffoon kudos for keeping his greasy fingers off the kids. Our future looks good. We'll have some home-growns with snarl and pride in teh sweater.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:22 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I'm with ya, but let's hope he didn't mean that in a biased way, and was only speaking to style of play.

Atleast for myself, I feel the North Americans play a shorter passing, more physical game (because of the ice they grew up on) and the Russians and Europeans play a longer passing, skating game (from the larger rink)

I personally think a Russian or European is exactly what this blue line needs (ala Sergei Zubov)

If I need a mean, gritty dman I usually look NA, if I want a skilled defenseman I usually look accross the pond.

That doesn't mean that both don't exist in both places though. I don't think thats biased, I just think its a product of the game your brought up playing. I people don't think rink size makes that much difference your crazy, the first time I stepped on an international rink I tried to skate by everybody because of all the room!!!

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:26 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I don't see how Tyutin solves the redundancy factor.

02-08-2011, 10:55 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't see how Tyutin solves the redundancy factor.
What redunduncy?
Tyutin is a possible Rozy replacement that we will not have for another 5 years or so. I don't think Sather ever wanted to leave us without veteran D. Tyutin would be perfect for that role, but only if we resign him.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:59 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
What redunduncy?
Tyutin is a possible Rozy replacement that we will not have for another 5 years or so. I don't think Sather ever wanted to leave us without veteran D. Tyutin would be perfect for that role, but only if we resign him.
What redundancy?

Gilroy and Del Zotto are both supposed offensive defensemen who do not consistently provide offense and both probably should be playing in the AHL.

Sauer and McDonagh are simple, no frills defensemen men.

Staal and Girardi are excellent defensive defensemen who do not consistently provide offense.

I understand the need for a veteran defenseman, I've been calling for one since the Rozsival trade happened (not that I was a big proponent of trading Rozsival in the first place). But I don't see Tyutin as being the vet defenseman who adds a new dimension to the blueline in that he's not an offensive stud and not a bruising physical player.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:50 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

We need an offensive defenseman, plain and simple. Someone who can move the puck. And we need that badly. We need that much more than a physical defenseman. Our defense has played strong back there. We dont need another steady defenseman like Tyutin, who has struggled this year on a mediocre columbus team. We need offense on the blueline.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:17 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Not interested in acquiring an inconsistent defenseman with a $2.8 mil cap hit... Pass....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:21 PM
94now

Quote:
What redundancy?

Gilroy and Del Zotto are both supposed offensive defensemen who do not consistently provide offense and both probably should be playing in the AHL.

Staal and Girardi are excellent defensive defensemen who do not consistently provide offense.

I understand the need for a veteran defenseman, I've been calling for one since the Rozsival trade happened (not that I was a big proponent of trading Rozsival in the first place). But I don't see Tyutin as being the vet defenseman who adds a new dimension to the blueline in that he's not an offensive stud and not a bruising physical player.
We don't need a new dimension. I mean we could improve here and there on defence, but we are okay as is (to be exact as we were before Rozy departure), assuming that kids will grow into better group in a year or two. We need consistency that only experience could bring reliably, so we wouldn't need to rely on talent so much, we got our hands full already. In other words we need a vet not to be a drastic improvement, but just a cornerstone we are missing. One could argue if Tyutin could fill the bill, but that position is vacant, no redundancy there.

Old
02-08-2011, 01:57 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
We don't need a new dimension. I mean we could improve here and there on defence, but we are okay as is (to be exact as we were before Rozy departure), assuming that kids will grow into better group in a year or two. We need consistency that only experience could bring reliably, so we wouldn't need to rely on talent so much, we got our hands full already. In other words we need a vet not to be a drastic improvement, but just a cornerstone we are missing. One could argue if Tyutin could fill the bill, but that position is vacant, no redundancy there.
Tyutin was quite inconsistent while he was with the Rangers... Over the last season and a half leading up to when he was traded, I personally didn't see much improvement/development in his game at all, which was disappointing because we had high aspirations for his game....

It's funny because after he was traded, a bunch of Ranger fans claimed that Tyutin has been Columbus' best defenseman.... Now he's been a healthy scratch this year for the Blue Jackets and is on the trading block... So either A) Ranger fans got it wrong and Tyutin wasn't their best defenseman or B) He's wildly inconsistent and is no longer the player for them that he was when they initially acquired him....

Either way, he's not what the Rangers need, not for that cap hit.... We'd be better served utilizing McDonagh or Sauer in that role than shelling out nearly $3 mil in cap space for a inconsistent defensemen who really doesn't provide any element we don't already have on our blueline for a cheaper cost.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Leetch66

No bias intended , I just like guys like Callahan and Dubinsky types that are not afraid of getting dirty and giving it all every game unlike the majority of Russian guys that tend not to put the same effort into it every night . I can think of so many Russian guys that oozed of talent but did not want to pay the price although we did have great luck with Nemchinov...but on the flip side we had Kovalev...while I'm on the subject I would like to point out that AA will never be the great player that we expect him to be and should be included in a trade if needed for Richards .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Leetch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
I'm with ya, but let's hope he didn't mean that in a biased way, and was only speaking to style of play.

Atleast for myself, I feel the North Americans play a shorter passing, more physical game (because of the ice they grew up on) and the Russians and Europeans play a longer passing, skating game (from the larger rink)

I personally think a Russian or European is exactly what this blue line needs (ala Sergei Zubov)

If I need a mean, gritty dman I usually look NA, if I want a skilled defenseman I usually look accross the pond.

That doesn't mean that both don't exist in both places though. I don't think thats biased, I just think its a product of the game your brought up playing. I people don't think rink size makes that much difference your crazy, the first time I stepped on an international rink I tried to skate by everybody because of all the room!!!
Thank you...summed it up pretty well !

Old
02-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
What redundancy?

meh, for me it's more important that you get a good player than a player that fits the need. otherwise you end up with Sandis Ozolinsh.

and you listed 2 d-man as AHL d-men (which I agree with). so adding Tyutin (an NHL dman), would help.

ideally you could get a quality defenseman who can man the point, but I'd rather end up with Fedor Tyutin than Marc-Andre Bergeron or Sheldon Souray.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 12:14 AM
NYRbrah

Only way I see MDZ being traded for Columbus is if Nash is part of the return. Otherwise its never wise to give up a 20 year old with tremendous upside. I'd prefer we trade some hefty contracts for little to nothing and keep the core of hard working kids.

NYRbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 12:21 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
What redundancy?

hate to break it to you, but I highly doubt we are solving what you call a redundancy problem via trade. you're gonna have to wait till the summer and hope something good turns up. Tyutin represents an upgrade over our bottom two. Sather has said many times before that he is always looking out for ways to improve our team, even if it's an incremental improvement. if a good deal presents itself, he's gonna make it.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 04:55 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Tyutin is not your prototypical Russian. He played in the OHL as an 18 year old. His wife is a Toronto girl. He spends his summers in Ontario. Sather liked him enough to give him a 4 year deal. That was a very good deal. Cap hit under $3M.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Barnaby

I would happily take Tyutin back. I felt bad when we moved him in the first place. If you are expecting him to improve the PP though, you will be disappointed. If the cost isn't too high, then I think he could be a nice steadying influence next to DZ/Gilroy..

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:33 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
No bias intended , I just like guys like Callahan and Dubinsky types that are not afraid of getting dirty and giving it all every game unlike the majority of Russian guys that tend not to put the same effort into it every night . I can think of so many Russian guys that oozed of talent but did not want to pay the price although we did have great luck with Nemchinov...but on the flip side we had Kovalev...while I'm on the subject I would like to point out that AA will never be the great player that we expect him to be and should be included in a trade if needed for Richards .
Artem's donig fine. Kid has already equaled his NHL point totals from last year and has as many points as such "great" players as Gomez, Peverly, and Stempniak. He's growing....let him be

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Ola

Forget about Toots. He was murdered by Matt Cooke last night...

(pretty ugly hit from behind, but Toots appread to get up atleast afterwards.)

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Leetch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Forget about Toots. He was murdered by Matt Cooke last night...

(pretty ugly hit from behind, but Toots appread to get up atleast afterwards.)
He got nailed pretty good and the next time they meet he won't do a darn thing about it which makes him another guy that no forward is scared of in front of the net and little pieces of crap like Cooke run them freely without fear . That's not the kind of guy I want clearing out my crease . I like guys that will drop the gloves and stand up for themselves even if they fight like Staal does .

Old
02-11-2011, 01:19 PM
94now

Quote:
No bias intended , I just like guys like Callahan and Dubinsky types that are not afraid of getting dirty and giving it all every game unlike the majority of Russian guys that tend not to put the same effort into it every night . .
You may not be biased as you claim you raen't, but you're just wrong. That is because you haven't seen Russian plumbers, really. They are pretty much like Dubi and Cali. Fedotenko, for instance, but he is a wrong example, he is better than average. Watch some KHL games on line and you will see they are the same. Plumbers from Europe don't come in quantities here as they being filtered on the way to NA. Some, like Petrovicki, were not at all different from local ones.
Look at NA palyers, like Heatley, Joe Thornton now, TGO in the past. They all like Kovalev. There is the reason for it. Talent doesn't hustle, usually. They don't have to. If coach wants you to, then he doesn't see your talent. That how it always worked (up untill recently when coaches like Torts or Clouston want to hustle everyone, that's why they are so hated ).

Last edited by 94now: 02-11-2011 at 01:29 PM.