HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EDM @ NSH 7:00PM CST "It's a Trap!"

Old
02-07-2011, 09:48 PM
zellthemedic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
:/ That was not pretty at all. I didn't get to watch it, but listening to it sounded like the Preds were just unable to find the net, and Rinne was definitely not on his game and saving us all the time like he normally is. This is what happens when outside of your top defensive pairings, you have guys who make tons of mistakes. We've lost..5 of the last 6 games, with such a tight race at the moment we could not afford to slide like we are at the moment.
We can't just rely on Rinne to save us from everything like we were tonight after the first 10 minutes of the first period. You can have the best rock at the net, but if you aren't making the most of your scoring chances, then you're going to lose.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:49 PM
hockey diva

Completely pathetic from the goal out tonight. We looked good for the first 10 minutes or so and then just fell apart. You could see Edmonton gain confidence as the game wore on. And who put the saran wrap over the net?!

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:02 PM
predlady

I watched the game on CI. It was one of worst games of the season. They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, they got out hustled; they looked like they were all coming down from a two day high-which obviously, they were. Rinne was not on his game, and I don't know why Trotz played him in the first place. He should have been rested, imo. sad all around

predlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:37 PM
cleangene

REALLY needed the energy Toots would have brought in a game like tonight. I'm surprised that one area of ice by the right boards hasn't been scraped clean because the PREDS absolutely LOVE keeping the puck over there no matter what. Is anyone available to hop on a plane tonight and head over to Russia for 1 certain player who owes us LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF GOALS?????

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:39 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

It's always amazing to me when you can actually pick out an individual bad performance in a game like that. Yet, somehow I can:

Martin Erat produces negative offensive chances right now. He's a momentum killer, and I wish they'd put Hornqvist back on the line with Goc and Kostitsyn.

Aside from that, pretty much everyone sucked. Halischuk and Hornqvist were the only bright spots. We had our chances early on...there's just no finish. Perfect passes get flubbed, wide open nets get missed, or the pass is bad, shots from dangerous spots go into the crest. There's zero finish, and it's going to be another quick playoff exit if something isn't figured out.

Hard to believe that was the 30th ranked PK in the league, with the way our PP got embarassed.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:52 PM
PhoneGuy

The whole evening was weird - seemed like everything was off a half step, from Gnash dropping from the rafters to the video intro running late to Paul's intro for the boys. Crowd wasn't into the game, and after the first ten minutes, it seemed the team wasn't into the game. Just a weird night all the way around..

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:55 PM
hockey diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
It's always amazing to me when you can actually pick out an individual bad performance in a game like that. Yet, somehow I can:

Martin Erat produces negative offensive chances right now. He's a momentum killer, and I wish they'd put Hornqvist back on the line with Goc and Kostitsyn.

Aside from that, pretty much everyone sucked. Halischuk and Hornqvist were the only bright spots. We had our chances early on...there's just no finish. Perfect passes get flubbed, wide open nets get missed, or the pass is bad, shots from dangerous spots go into the crest. There's zero finish, and it's going to be another quick playoff exit if something isn't figured out.

Hard to believe that was the 30th ranked PK in the league, with the way our PP got embarassed.
We have to make the playoffs first which is not a sure thing. We could be clinging to 8th by weeks end. These are the games you have to win. And we looked awful.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:34 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I dont even wanna talk about tonights game. Hemsky or Penner to Preds within 2 weeks. Mark my words.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:43 PM
predfan24

Looks like I picked a great game to miss. Not gonna go into detail because I wasn't there. But a 4-0 home loss to the worst team in the league in February where every game counts? Not good, not good.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:45 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Didn't see the game tonight but I have noticed Erat's decision making with the puck has been terribly slow the last few games, particularly on the PP.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:01 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
:/ That was not pretty at all. I didn't get to watch it, but listening to it sounded like the Preds were just unable to find the net, and Rinne was definitely not on his game and saving us all the time like he normally is. This is what happens when outside of your top defensive pairings, you have guys who make tons of mistakes. We've lost..5 of the last 6 games, with such a tight race at the moment we could not afford to slide like we are at the moment.

I thought even Suter and Weber sucked tonight. Flippin everybody sucked. Those dang Oilers are like the 1998 Predators, work their butts off and beat teams better than them on occasion.

It was cool when we did it...not so cool when it gets done to us. I dunno if we thought we'd own them and got frustrated when our dominance of the first 10 minutes didn't lead to any goals and gave up or what, but it was ugly. I was at least hoping O'Brien would throw down with that dude who had 115 PIMs, but no such luck.

At least it was like losing to an Eastern Conference team. If I had to lose to them, Detroit or Colorado I'd definitely rather give points to Edmonton.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:03 AM
token grinder

same nights you are the dog, some nights the hydrant...and the tree....and the neighbors yard

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:51 AM
braindead

I blame Lee Greenwood.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:55 AM
PredsChik

I'll never pay to sit low again. It's never ended in a win. 3 rows from the glass in the corner, shoot 2 side and they **** the bed. ugh. I hope they're embarrassed and come out pissed on Wednesday.

and did Jonesey REALLY have to score on us? ARg.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:19 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I blame Lee Greenwood.
I blame Jeff Fisher sitting by the bench...

oh, passed by Poile in the stairwell with about 10 minutes left (oh, yes , I was leaving)........ take these boards and multiply by 100... he looked a little upset..

Last edited by predfan98: 02-08-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: add
predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:42 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Ahh yes. I want to see the Oilers get blown out....That was a close call. thx predsv82
looks like maybe you didnt clarify soon enough...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

oh, passed by Poile in the stairwell with about 10 minutes left (oh, yes , I was leaving)........ take these boards and multiply by 100... he looked a little upset..
Good he should be. His team crapped the bed last night.

Just a question, but do you guys think we need another D man or a finisher more at the deadline?

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:50 AM
missinthejets

Quote:

the oilers PK is far better than their ranking right now. Their start to the season on the PK however was just so godawful that it basically meant it was going to be 30th all year long but they're killing penalties much better than a 30th place team lately.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:18 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Good he should be. His team crapped the bed last night.

Just a question, but do you guys think we need another D man or a finisher more at the deadline?
not really a fair question. we obviously need a finisher, very badly, but getting one at the deadline is a lot harder than finding a serviceable veteran D man.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:52 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Well, the Preds got all their suck out of their system last night. They had to.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

Saw him as well.. Looked like someone had their way with his Wheaties.. He was on his way to yell at somebody.

Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:19 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...o-his-players/

Ruh-roh.

Legwand, Hornqvist, Erat called out. Very justified.

Problem is, two fo the three have NTCs and the other has just been signed.

Old
02-08-2011, 04:28 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...o-his-players/

Ruh-roh.

Legwand, Hornqvist, Erat called out. Very justified.

Problem is, two fo the three have NTCs and the other has just been signed.
Even though Hornqvist hasnt been consistent at all this year he is still our goals leader. With 16. That right there should speak problem. Poile is gonna be active this deadline. Too much tension and the scoring has been a problem since 06 07. This is the year that he needs to show that he wants to improve this team and get them the assets they need to win a damn playoff series. Were not a crappy expansion team anymore. We HAVE to take it to the next level now.

Old
02-08-2011, 04:34 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Problem is that if a move is to be made then it has to be a move to push out a NTC. Erat would be that player. Unless Poile dumps Sully early for a better wing.

Ward/Sulzer are expendable.

If you want to keep the players on roster the move is for a UFA center. If the team can upgrade wing while moving a NTC do it.

Old
02-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Problem is that if a move is to be made then it has to be a move to push out a NTC. Erat would be that player. Unless Poile dumps Sully early for a better wing.

Ward/Sulzer are expendable.

If you want to keep the players on roster the move is for a UFA center. If the team can upgrade wing while moving a NTC do it.
True, I think that Erat has more value then Leggy, and I just dont see him dumping Sully. If Poile could some how convince JP to waive his NTC and find a team that would take him that would be great. Other than about 4 games this year he has been worthless, his strength seemed to of disappeared and he seems to just fall down from getting flicked.