HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garth Snow on NYI.com

Old
02-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Garth Snow on NYI.com

He is on now.. will post highlights shortly

http://islanders.nhl.com/index.html

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

Other that he is confident in Poulin in handling the load there was nothing significant. This was a total waste of time. He stepped off every major question and went on and on with nonsense. Also alot quicker then the last one.

I am not expecting a Bill O'Reilly type interview but really this was a joke and I just wasted 11 minutes.

Old
02-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Isles Shawn

vCash: 500
Did you expect anything more?

Isles Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 01:01 PM
BillD

Garth has mastered the politican's ability to say nothing while making his mouth move.
Maybe he should run for TOH Supervisor.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

I was using my production skills and typing up key sound bites while listening to the interview and the minute he says "Rick Dipietro played at a very high level for us this season" I laughed and then said this is the biggest waste of my time.

Old
02-07-2011, 06:11 PM
CREW99AW

I can't recall the last Snow interview,where I came away thinking he'd been upfront with the fans.It seems all he does is deflect criticism from Wang and try to put a positive spin on everything.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:11 PM
KyleBailey12

"This next question Garth has been submitted by E-mail, Do you have any plans of signing a big scoring center to help this team?"

Garth: "We will do whatever it takes to make this team better via trade, waivers or free agency."

"This next question, also submitted by E-mail, it's pretty much the same, but do you have any plans of signing a veteran to help this squad produce?"

Garth: "We will do whatever it takes to make this team better via trade, waivers or free agency."

"Okay, next question, Do you think you would be available to move up in this years draft?"

I don't understand why they even do the GM show when Garth doesn't seem interested. It is a waste of everyone's time involved. The first GM show I watched should have been my last. I will not make the same mistake in watching the next one. It's not just the same answer these three questions by the way, every question has the same answer. So for the people who didn't see it, your summary is above.

KyleBailey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:15 PM
KingLio21093
Casey Zeeky

I don't know why I always build excitement for myself to hear Snow in an interview. He says the same garbage everytime and does anything to avoid questions.

KingLio21093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBailey12 View Post
"This next question Garth has been submitted by E-mail, Do you have any plans of signing a big scoring center to help this team?"

"This next question, also submitted by E-mail, it's pretty much the same, but do you have any plans of signing a veteran to help this squad produce?"

"Okay, next question, Do you think you would be available to move up in this years draft?"

I don't understand why they even do the GM show when Garth doesn't seem interested. It is a waste of everyone's time involved. The first GM show I watched should have been my last. I will not make the same mistake in watching the next one. It's not just the same answer these three questions by the way, every question has the same answer. So for the people who didn't see it, your summary is above.
Lets not forget his classic "we have alot of young players and this is a real exciting time for the organization and being an Islander fan watching this all come together"

He made it sound like our team is battling for the division!!!!

Old
02-07-2011, 10:57 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
"...absolutely no financial constraints whatsoever..."

As an aside, although his effort is much appreciated, Botta's email show with Compton from nhl.com isn't very informative. Brian contradicts himself, and yet still comes across as glorifying Snow, his plan, and much of anything in Islander country.

I'll still watch them b/c they offer Islander related stuff w/ some perspective.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:31 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

The thing that annoys me about Snow more than anything else is just how disingenuous he comes across. I don't know the guy, but from every interview I've ever seen or heard from him, it just reinforces that view.

I have no interest in anything he has to say until the draft rolls around. It's just the same old BS. I'm sure he's secretly hoping that the Isles get the #1 pick so he can become the center of the GM Universe again like 2009. He milked that baby for all it's worth and you could tell he was loving it. I'd have mixed feelings about that scenario happening again.

For the record, I'm am NOT a supporter of the whole 'tanking' contingent present on this board. Losing in NEVER a good thing IMO.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:15 AM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
I can't recall the last Snow interview,where I came away thinking he'd been upfront with the fans.It seems all he does is deflect criticism from Wang and try to put a positive spin on everything.
Sound familiar?

02-08-2011, 08:06 AM
OpAck

Did someone ask a question about the string of 22 games the Isles screwed up this season...and did Garth answer by talking about the "bad bounces" and how happy he was to see his young team "weather that storm"?

Some of the most predictable garbage I've ever seen.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote