HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky to Boston?

Old
02-07-2011, 11:36 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Ales Hemsky to Boston?

I'm curious with Marc Savard being out, what is Boston's interest in Ales Hemsky? I know Hemsky isn't a center but can provide Boston with Savard's lost point production and would look good with Bergeron and Marchand.

Keep in mind the other players that have been rumoured to be on the block, as well with how tight the western conferece is and what Hemsky can provide offensively.

Keep in mind that Ales Hemsky has valuable playoff experience as well.

Last edited by lakai17: 02-07-2011 at 11:52 PM.
lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:46 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

vCash: 500
Hemsky and Savard could alternate on LTIR, good idea.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Hemsky is a pass first guy which boston has plenty of, we need a natural born scorer if we are looking to trade for a replacement for savard. so i dont think its in the cards

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:01 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
Hemsky and Savard could alternate on LTIR, good idea.
Then they could make a trade for Ryan Smyth.

Smyth-Savard-Hemsky. Could be one of the most injury prone lines out there.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:48 AM
dnicks17

Smyth-Savard-Hemsky
Markov-Salo
Dipietro

The I.R. All-Stars.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 03:44 AM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
Hemsky is a pass first guy which boston has plenty of, we need a natural born scorer if we are looking to trade for a replacement for savard. so i dont think its in the cards
Actually... with Savard out, Hemsky could be the perfect player to fit in. We having 3 centers, with Seguin staying at his natural position. Put Hemsky on the RW of Seguin with Ryder (shooter) or Wheeler (defensively responsible, Seguin as Shooter) either as the LW.

Don't disagree with trying to get a natural scorer, but replacing Savard with an above average pass-first kinda guy fills Savards role more than the shooter.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:52 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
Actually... with Savard out, Hemsky could be the perfect player to fit in. We having 3 centers, with Seguin staying at his natural position. Put Hemsky on the RW of Seguin with Ryder (shooter) or Wheeler (defensively responsible, Seguin as Shooter) either as the LW.

Don't disagree with trying to get a natural scorer, but replacing Savard with an above average pass-first kinda guy fills Savards role more than the shooter.
okay not a terrible idea but what would you part with to get him? hes a good player but i honestly would hesitate to give up much more then our 1ST rounder and a mid prospect which i dont think is fair value

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:53 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Smyth-Savard-Hemsky
Markov-Salo
Dipietro

The I.R. All-Stars.
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
_____-Souray

Bulinwall

All Oiler I.R All-Stars

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:53 AM
lakai17

Quote:

I knew someone would be interested but what can Edmonton expect in return?

Old
02-08-2011, 05:59 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
I'm curious with Marc Savard being out, what is Boston's interest in Ales Hemsky? I know Hemsky isn't a center but can provide Boston with Savard's lost point production and would look good with Bergeron and Marchand.

Keep in mind the other players that have been rumoured to be on the block, as well with how tight the western conferece is and what Hemsky can provide offensively.

Keep in mind that Ales Hemsky has valuable playoff experience as well.
Toronto's #1 draft pick? Is about even. Oilers are rebuilding and Hemsky takes the Bruins from a darkhorse to Cup favorite

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 06:08 AM
nmbr_24

I think the Bruins would be interested if the price was right. Toronto's pick is not something I think they would be willing to trade.

Toronto's pick could be a very high pick, I think it would be best to just hang on to it.

I'm not sure what Edmonton would really be interested in, but I imagine it would have to be young players or high picks/prospects.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Toronto's #1 draft pick? Is about even. Oilers are rebuilding and Hemsky takes the Bruins from a darkhorse to Cup favorite
lol, no, and no he doesn't.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 06:21 AM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Hemsky is not one of the players I'd move the TOR pick for. I may not have it AS untouchable as other posters, but it'd be used in a package for someone better than Hemsky, and that is no slight on Hemsky.

Boston's first would be in play. Prospects? depends on who. What are the Oilers looking for specifically? We can get you a glut of picks or a 1st and a decent prospect. As for roster players, depends on who you are asking for. Bruins would likely move picks and prospects over anyone on the core. I can see Wheeler being available, but he's got mixed value across hfboards; he's young enough that he can grow with a rebuilding team, while improving he still has some holes in his game. Basically he is an NHL-ready project player who may/may not get better. Paille's just not that valuable. Someone on our defense can be moved if we have a subsequent deal bringing in an upgrade. I hear the Oilers are in search for a solid stay-at-home defenseman. Mark Stuart would fit that bill... if you could resign him, he'd be a fit; but he's a UFA. Outside of that not sure what other roster players are available that would fit your needs.

Hemsky is good, but I wouldn't say adding just him would make us a cup favorite. He COULD be A piece of the puzzle, but I don't see him as THE piece. The Bruins need to address other issues than just replacing Savard, so we can pay a slightly higher value, but we likely won't overpay given our circumstances.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:04 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Hemsky is not one of the players I'd move the TOR pick for. I may not have it AS untouchable as other posters, but it'd be used in a package for someone better than Hemsky, and that is no slight on Hemsky.
I would never move Toronto's pick for a guy who's had a concussion this year. He's a great player but he's made of glass.

Colborne + Min 2nd or maybe Bos 1st depends on how dry the free agent market is and what Edm would accept. Would be easier making a deal if Boston fans had an idea how Edmenton fans valued him.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Depends what we would give for him...

I'd imagine Wheeler and the Boston 1st would be the start of it...what else?

No Toronto 1st, Rask, Seguin

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
I would never move Toronto's pick for a guy who's had a concussion this year. He's a great player but he's made of glass.

Colborne + Min 2nd or maybe Bos 1st depends on how dry the free agent market is and what Edm would accept. Would be easier making a deal if Boston fans had an idea how Edmenton fans valued him.
This is what I was thinking as well, although I don't think Chia would ever trade JC and the BOS 1st together for Hemsky.

Old
02-08-2011, 09:17 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
This is what I was thinking as well, although I don't think Chia would ever trade JC and the BOS 1st together for Hemsky.
I'd only do the first if something came back with Hemsky and Boston had no other trade options considering how few sellers there are this year.

DAMN YOU WESTERN CONFERENCE AND YOUR 15 TEAMS FIGHTING FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT!

Hemsky as talented as he is, is still far down on my list of players strictly because of his injury history.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
I'd only do the first if something came back with Hemsky and Boston had no other trade options considering how few sellers there are this year.

DAMN YOU WESTERN CONFERENCE AND YOUR 15 TEAMS FIGHTING FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT!

Hemsky as talented as he is, is still far down on my list of players strictly because of his injury history.
True.

I'd also be inclined to make Colborne untouchable in a sense. Think about it, we have our first, couple seconds, Wheeler, and B level prospects like Sauve...not gonna get you Brad Richards, but that package could land us a good piece.

Old
02-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
I knew someone would be interested but what can Edmonton expect in return?
Zach Hamill and Mark Stuart. And Edmonton would have to add.

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Fat Jughead

It's easy to get excited about the prospect of having Hemmer running the half wall on the B's PP, but none of it makes sense to me from a value standpoint, for either club.

Hemsky's contract's up at the end of the year and nobody's even sure if Savard's done playing hockey after this season, so that sort of makes the acquisition of Hemsky a rental. Not that the B's couldn't use a player like Hemsky if Savard's on the team, I just don't think they could ever fit them both under the cap when you consider the upgrade(s) they'll be looking to make on the blueline as well.

Hemmer's easily worth a lottery pick++ IMHO when he's healthy, but he never is. That alone knocks his value down to the late 1st round with ANY club. The fact that he's likely a rental to the B's knocks it all the way back to a late 2nd, and I would even argue a 3rd.

Edmonton's not interested in getting jobbed like that...at least I hope not. I may be a Bruins fan, but I hate seeing the Oil look like this. I'm not sure as they have even 1 NHL ready prospect left in the AHL. I'm pretty sure they're all up in the big show getting their ***** handed to em. Can be painful to watch on a good night.

Need picks and need good one's for a player as good as Hemmer, and any team with a spare 4th line sitting on the farm that's willing to crash and bang and fight and kill ****ing penalties, would be a real bonus.

Someone with a real need going into the playoffs and the ability to re-sign em will take a chance and pay fair value (back half of the 1st rd+2nd+stay at home roster defenseman, or 3 forward line prospects ready to make the jump to the NHL and bleed all over the ice in a grinder role.

I don't see it being the Bruins though. Risk/reward is far too out of whack despite having the assets to easily make it happen.

I think it'll be the Rangers. (barf)

Fat Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevy Panini View Post
It's easy to get excited about the prospect of having Hemmer running the half wall on the B's PP, but none of it makes sense to me from a value standpoint, for either club.

Hemsky's contract's up at the end of the year and nobody's even sure if Savard's done playing hockey after this season, so that sort of makes the acquisition of Hemsky a rental. Not that the B's couldn't use a player like Hemsky if Savard's on the team, I just don't think they could ever fit them both under the cap when you consider the upgrade(s) they'll be looking to make on the blueline as well.

Hemmer's easily worth a lottery pick++ IMHO when he's healthy, but he never is. That alone knocks his value down to the late 1st round with ANY club. The fact that he's likely a rental to the B's knocks it all the way back to a late 2nd, and I would even argue a 3rd.

Edmonton's not interested in getting jobbed like that...at least I hope not. I may be a Bruins fan, but I hate seeing the Oil look like this. I'm not sure as they have even 1 NHL ready prospect left in the AHL. I'm pretty sure they're all up in the big show getting their ***** handed to em. Can be painful to watch on a good night.

Need picks and need good one's for a player as good as Hemmer, and any team with a spare 4th line sitting on the farm that's willing to crash and bang and fight and kill ****ing penalties, would be a real bonus.

Someone with a real need going into the playoffs and the ability to re-sign em will take a chance and pay fair value (back half of the 1st rd+2nd+stay at home roster defenseman, or 3 forward line prospects ready to make the jump to the NHL and bleed all over the ice in a grinder role.

I don't see it being the Bruins though. Risk/reward is far too out of whack despite having the assets to easily make it happen.

I think it'll be the Rangers. (barf)
Hemsky is signed through next season well. Part of the reason he is injury prone is the offensive nature of his game. IMO he would fit very well with Boston. He's great on the boards and can thread the needle with the best of them. If he would shoot more he would be in the next level. With other larger players to contend with I think Hemsky could often get overlooked in the East. A large body does help draw away and Boston is deep on talent. A lot of people who could handle his passes better than Horcoff.

If Savard has made it known to Boston he won't return for his healths sake Hemsky would be a reasonable replacement given Boston's future core. If that was the case Chia could be tempted to do Tor 1st for Hemsky and Edm 2nd...but I doubt it myself. I'd think a package more along the lines of Colbourne and Bos 1st for Hemsky and Edm 2nd could get things done with benefits for both teams. Colbourne and a drop of possibly 1-2 (maybe 10 at most) places for hemsky...not shabby at all.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:57 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Hemsky is signed through next season well. Part of the reason he is injury prone is the offensive nature of his game. IMO he would fit very well with Boston. He's great on the boards and can thread the needle with the best of them. If he would shoot more he would be in the next level. With other larger players to contend with I think Hemsky could often get overlooked in the East. A large body does help draw away and Boston is deep on talent. A lot of people who could handle his passes better than Horcoff.

If Savard has made it known to Boston he won't return for his healths sake Hemsky would be a reasonable replacement given Boston's future core. If that was the case Chia could be tempted to do Tor 1st for Hemsky and Edm 2nd...but I doubt it myself. I'd think a package more along the lines of Colbourne and Bos 1st for Hemsky and Edm 2nd could get things done with benefits for both teams. Colbourne and a drop of possibly 1-2 (maybe 10 at most) places for hemsky...not shabby at all.
there will be no further decision other than what was announced yesterday nor will any proposed acquisition of anyone outside of Boston also means Savard's spot remains open, Brian, it will just be as it was after the Cooke incident up until December 2nd against Tampa.

Hamill will be given 1st opportunity to see where he does or doesn't fit in........

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Fat Jughead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post

Good call on his contractual status; my bad.

Absolutely agree. Not shabby at all, I think the world of Hemmer; his injuries just really put me off the deal. I suppose that's the sticking point with most of us.

An argument could be made that he wouldn't get so ding'd up if he played on a team capable of protecting em. The B's have gotten a bit of a rap of being a team that doesn't protect it's stars (unfounded IMHO). I think that's more of a league wide pandemic created by the league and it's rule changes that protect POS like Matt Cooke...still, as a B's fan I wanted to see Cooke torn in half regardless of the punishment, but I'm not the one who has to live with the consequences of that action so my opinion means absolutely jack **** on the subject.

Hemmer would really round out the top 6 beautifully, as well as give this PP a kick in the ass, but again: I'm not sure they could fit em under the cap if Savard comes back, coupled with the endless pursuit of what another B's poster in another thread fittingly called "our unicorn" (PMD).

Just the way I see it. If he ends up somewhere else in the East and stays healthy, I'm going to be absolutely sick about it, believe me.

Fat Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 02:35 PM
lakai17

Quote:
and that's where we end the thread, thanks for coming out guys.

Old
02-08-2011, 02:38 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
_____-Souray

Bulinwall

All Oiler I.R All-Stars
I wonder who could fill that blank. Too bad we don't have any current Oilers that play d on the IR.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote