HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Pittsburgh - Ottawa

Old
02-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

vCash: 500
I can see why Ottawa would hang on to Milan, he's a better player than he's been since coming over from SJ and is still one of their best forwards. But Pittsburgh certainly isn't going to unload several valuable assets for an injury prone 40 point winger making $4 million a year.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:06 PM
ProdigalOne*

This is an old nhl trade. In the new nhl only bad gms make a trade like this. Jeffery alone has more value than Michalek. Michalek is injury prone, declining and expensive. Jeffery is a competent pker, two way player, playmaker and has good hands. He alone will provide similar production at a cheaper price as soon as next year... no reason for pittsburgh to do this(besides DJ being C)

ProdigalOne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:08 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalOne View Post
This is an old nhl trade. In the new nhl only bad gms make a trade like this. Jeffery alone has more value than Michalek. Michalek is injury prone, declining and expensive. Jeffery is a competent pker, two way player, playmaker and has good hands. He alone will provide similar production at a cheaper price as soon as next year... no reason for pittsburgh to do this(besides DJ being C)
Jeffrey isn't worth more than Michalek even with his exploding knees.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:10 PM
ProdigalOne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Jeffrey isn't worth more than Michalek even with his exploding knees.
I honestly think hed garner more interest at least. Michalek is clearly one of those guys everyone is going to stay away because of his constant decline. DJ has been allowed to develop slowly and is going to be a great 3rd liner that can score shorthanded and play a smart game.
Plus Kuhnhakl seems like a good prospect, definately has the value of a second rounder.

The cap space + Jeffrey would allow the sens to sign someone comparable to Milan(a third liner that will get 30 points) so i don't see he has much more value. Im one of the people who thinks that DJeffrey could make Staal tradable over the next few years(assuming Malkin comes back to somewhere near his potential)

Last edited by ProdigalOne*: 02-08-2011 at 12:17 PM.
ProdigalOne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:15 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalOne View Post
I honestly think hed garner more interest at least. Michalek is clearly one of those guys everyone is going to stay away because of his constant decline. DJ has been allowed to develop slowly and is going to be a great 3rd liner that can score shorthanded and play a smart game.
Plus Kuhnhakl seems like a good prospect, definately has the value of a second rounder.
Michalek hasn't declined that much, he's still on pace for 20 goals and managed to score 22 in 66 last season. Far too early to say that Kuhnhackl is worth a 2nd.

Old
02-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Hottubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Michalek hasn't declined that much, he's still on pace for 20 goals and managed to score 22 in 66 last season. Far too early to say that Kuhnhackl is worth a 2nd.

I dont watch a ton of sens games but caught the Canucks/Sens game last night and was very impressed with Michalek. He was creating chances almost every shift

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:01 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
I dont watch a ton of sens games but caught the Canucks/Sens game last night and was very impressed with Michalek. He was creating chances almost every shift
I agree, Sens aren't a very good team right now if he got moved to a better team I could see him getting back to 25 goal 55 point form no problem, provided he stays relatively healthy.

Old
02-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Sens players not set to hit UFA within two years
Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek, Fisher
+
Youth
Regin, Foligno, Butler, Regin, Smith, Silfverberg, O'Brien and the 2011 first

You honestly think that there will be a forward core capable of winning a cup?

1. It's not good enough
2. The Sens will not attract prime UFA aged players for the first line... only 1-2 hit UFA anyways

So how does one go about finding top line talent? Need to build the depth up, open cap space and then see what sticks and trade the excess depth in packages for top end talent.

What you want the Sens to do is not possible. The Sens will not attract the UFAs you think they will...
Well you have to figure they are about to pick up a top line talent in the draft this year, then we have 2 top line talents in Spezza and the pick.
IMO we need to find one more and i think personally the odds are better of getting one through an offer sheet, or threat of an offer sheet, or UFA since we have the Cap space which is half the battle; rather than think we are going to luck out and find another elite player in the draft.
id rather go out and aggressively get that player and then if the draft turns up another one so much the better.

its really just the timing of going out to find that UFA or RFA.

Three part plan over 1 or 2 years:
Draft high end forward this year.
Steal a player either through offer sheet or a high paid player through trade at discount prices due to other team salary constraint.
Sign a UFA

for example lets say the team looks like this summer of 2012:

(2011 pick) Spezza Michalek
Butler Briere (UFA Penner)
Fisher Alfie

doesnt that kind of format/plan work and seem workable for you guys? (not necessarily these guys but this type of plan.)
this doesnt take into account any of our prospects being really good either.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 03:47 PM
The Fuhr*

I think it's expecting to much for that pick to be an impact player in two years... I'm hoping for a solid second liner and then change my opinion based on how he performs..
I also do not want players like Fisher and Alfie eating huge cap space on the third line... that's why building up the depth with talented players is what I think is best.

Look at how the Sharks were able to trade for Thornton, Boyle and Heatley... I want the Sens to build the depth up and then do that. But we depth behind our stars then the Sharks do if done right.

I hope that's the idea management has.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote