HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Another Bos-Tor

Old
02-08-2011, 12:27 PM
TYayo

vCash: 500
Another Bos-Tor

What would you guys think of a

To Toronto
Boston 1st
Blake Wheeler
Conditional 2012 2nd if Kaberle Resigns

To Boston
Tomas Kaberle
Kris Versteeg

Should work Cap wise since Savard is gone...Boston gets a PMD for at least this years run, hopefully longer from both perspectives..and Versteeg is an upgrade over Wheeler (same age) and brings a cup ring along with him to a team that is getting close to their own....Added bonus..they don't give up much that helps the Leafs this year so the Leafs 1st Rounder may be better.

Toronto gets back in the 1st round of the draft..saves a bit of salary with Wheeler over Versteeg and he may be a better fit for the Leafs bottom 6 then Versteeg

IMO its pretty close
Boston 1st > then Rental Kaberle
Versteeg > Wheeler
if Kaberle turns out to not be a rental...the 2012 second makes it a bit closer

TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:28 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Toronto says no IMO. Take out Versteeg, the 2nd, make the 2011 1st conditional and it's fair.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:29 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

doesnt really help toronto at all

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:31 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYayo View Post
What would you guys think of a

To Toronto
Boston 1st
Blake Wheeler
Conditional 2012 2nd if Kaberle Resigns

To Boston
Tomas Kaberle
Kris Versteeg

Should work Cap wise since Savard is gone...Boston gets a PMD for at least this years run, hopefully longer from both perspectives..and Versteeg is an upgrade over Wheeler (same age) and brings a cup ring along with him to a team that is getting close to their own....Added bonus..they don't give up much that helps the Leafs this year so the Leafs 1st Rounder may be better.

Toronto gets back in the 1st round of the draft..saves a bit of salary with Wheeler over Versteeg and he may be a better fit for the Leafs bottom 6 then Versteeg

IMO its pretty close
Boston 1st > then Rental Kaberle
Versteeg > Wheeler
if Kaberle turns out to not be a rental...the 2012 second makes it a bit closer
Versteeg was traded from PRO, WASN'T HE.... TRY AGAIN Savard's not gone, either

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:32 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Salary cap

BruinsBtn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

I don't see why Toronto would do this...

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:35 PM
TYayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
Versteeg was traded from PRO, WASN'T HE.... TRY AGAIN Savard's not gone, either
Just because Boston got hosed on the Versteeg plus Conditional pick for Brandon Bochenski..don't take it out here..

and yes Savard is gone for the year..worry about next years cap if you want to resign Kabs

Old
02-08-2011, 12:36 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Just because Boston got hosed on the Versteeg plus Conditional pick for Brandon Bochenski..don't take it out here..

and yes Savard is gone for the year..worry about next years cap if you want to resign Kabs
you need to try again

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:36 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Why do so many fans Leaf fans want Wheeler???
The guy is on pace for about 15 goals. He is lazy and even though he has good size he doesn't use it at all.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:39 PM
TYayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsButton View Post
Salary cap
Not overly sure but without Savards Cap hit at like 4 something and Wheeler at a little over 2
and add Kaberle 4.25 and Versteeg a tad over 3...it's close...plus Boston had a little over 1 min in cap space to begin with..
They would all be prorated now I guess anyway..not overly sure how it works but pretty sure it's close

Old
02-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
I'd do it, but realistically Boston would need to add a prospect like Arniel, Sauve, or Colborne (less likely than the other two, as he's been a long term project). I'd definitely not be opposed to a trade like that, although I could completely see why the Leafs would be hesitant.

Bruins4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:41 PM
axecrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
you need to try again
And you need to go buy a clue.....everything that was said is 100% correct. Boston got hosed on the Versteeg deal and YES Savard is gone.....the poster was talking about salary cap implications and you know it. For Salary Cap purposes Marc Savard was put on LONG TERM INJURED RESERVE....thus providing Boston salary cap relief.
But don't let a few facts get in the way of more of the "professor's" incoherant ramblings.

axecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Not overly sure but without Savards Cap hit at like 4 something and Wheeler at a little over 2
and add Kaberle 4.25 and Versteeg a tad over 3...it's close...plus Boston had a little over 1 min in cap space to begin with..
They would all be prorated now I guess anyway..not overly sure how it works but pretty sure it's close

It works out with the salary cap. We'd have to send down one of our extra forwards though.

And I'd do the trade.

Ten Thousand Hours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:48 PM
mcinnesja

Bostons first is going to be in the 26-30 range if they made this deal

Wheeler, would be playing on our current 3rd line............ he would not crack our current top 6 winger spots(Kulemin & Kessel or Versteeg & MacArthur)

The down downgrade from Versteegs production(or intangibles) to Wheelers is not worth a VERY late 1st rnd pick when u consider also losing Kabs and his passing ability in the deal also.
Im not even sure Wheeler would get a top 6 winger spot with Versteeg gone TBH(would depend on the lines needs for a cycle game)

So not only is the deal not worth it from a Leafs point of view because a late 1st is not a gurantee to even make the NHL, but we get worse this season, ensuring the Bruins get a better pick, and on top of that give the Bruins what they need most for a long Cup run.

Teams over pay at the deadline to boost their roster for a push at lord stanley.
This offer is not worth it.

Now if you consider the Leafs weakness into your proposal(top line C, and LW and a young PM D if Kabs is gone) the bruins have a alot they could offer in terms of prospects that look like they are ready to break into the nhl with that potenial, or from their current roster.(I wont name players/prospects cause its not worth arguing value over).
But for the Leafs to trade a package like you suggested to the Bruins, one of the teams needs HAS to be met or its just not worth making a trade that makes us worse.
This deal thou made by a leafs fan just doesn't work IMO
And yes I understand the hole thought process about losing Kabs for nothing, and he has to be moved for us to gain something back, but it still IMO is not worth it

Last edited by mcinnesja: 02-08-2011 at 12:53 PM.
mcinnesja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

I'd do that. I'm not sure Toronto would want to though.

Bizarro Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:58 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinnesja View Post
Bostons first is going to be in the 26-30 range if they made this deal

Wheeler, would be playing on our current 3rd line............ he would not crack our current top 6 winger spots(Kulemin & Kessel or Versteeg & MacArthur)

The down downgrade from Versteegs production(or intangibles) to Wheelers is not worth a VERY late 1st rnd pick when u consider also losing Kabs and his passing ability in the deal also.
Im not even sure Wheeler would get a top 6 winger spot with Versteeg gone TBH(would depend on the lines needs for a cycle game)

So not only is the deal not worth it from a Leafs point of view because a late 1st is not a gurantee to even make the NHL, but we get worse this season, ensuring the Bruins get a better pick, and on top of that give the Bruins what they need most for a long Cup run.

Teams over pay at the deadline to boost their roster for a push at lord stanley.
This offer is not worth it.

Now if you consider the Leafs weakness into your proposal(top line C, and LW and a young PM D if Kabs is gone) the bruins have a alot they could offer in terms of prospects that look like they are ready to break into the nhl with that potenial, or from their current roster.(I wont name players/prospects cause its not worth arguing value over).
But for the Leafs to trade a package like you suggested to the Bruins, one of the teams needs HAS to be met or its just not worth making a trade that makes us worse.
This deal thou made by a leafs fan just doesn't work IMO
And yes I understand the hole thought process about losing Kabs for nothing, and he has to be moved for us to gain something back, but it still IMO is not worth it
I disagree with this. Wheeler is a much better penalty killer, he's faster, stronger on the puck and is scoring at the same pace (even strength) as Versteeg. Even if you disagree with part of this.... Wheeler and Boston's first is more valuable than Versteeg, easily.

BruinsBtn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:02 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Why do so many fans Leaf fans want Wheeler???
The guy is on pace for about 15 goals. He is lazy and even though he has good size he doesn't use it at all.
some miss Poni

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:04 PM
htpwn

I'd rather have Versteeg over Wheeler and I feel Kaberle is worth more then a late first, thanks but no thanks.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Zach Hamill is a piece of this puzzle for the Toronto trade. He is playing on the Bruins right now as a call up and is a RFA at the end of this year with little chance of making the team next year.

Toronto takes him and he is on the roster for the rest of the year.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:12 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
some miss Poni
Good answer!
Very similar players. Wheeler is alot faster tho.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:13 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Zach Hamill is a piece of this puzzle for the Toronto trade. He is playing on the Bruins right now as a call up and is a RFA at the end of this year with little chance of making the team next year.

A 5'10", 22 y.o. average prospect is the missing piece?

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:25 PM
mcinnesja

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsButton View Post
I disagree with this. Wheeler is a much better penalty killer, he's faster, stronger on the puck and is scoring at the same pace (even strength) as Versteeg. Even if you disagree with part of this.... Wheeler and Boston's first is more valuable than Versteeg, easily.
I dont agree with the better Pker part i find them pretty close currently TBH, but Wheeler is faster and seems @ times to be stronger on the puck. Heck he even seems to be more physical.
Yes @ EV strength your assesment is correct. but when looking @ the other asspects of their game is where I see the difference..........
Like I wrote and its right after the part you bolded, "when u consider also losing Kabs and his passing ability in the deal also"

and the sad part of that is im not even a kaberle fan anymore(thou his last few games I am starting to see parts of his game come back to why I liked him 7 yrs ago as a player)

mcinnesja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:29 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
I'd rather have Versteeg over Wheeler and I feel Kaberle is worth more then a late first, thanks but no thanks.
and you'd be wrong...

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:41 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post

Hamill is nothing like anything that Toronto needs atm, however I'm sure they would be interested in Jordan Caron or Colborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
A 5'10", 22 y.o. average prospect is the missing piece?
and they say only Leafs fans over-value their prospects

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:54 PM
seanlinden

How hard is it to understand that the Leafs are trying to make trades to become a better team for next year? Wheeler and draft picks don't do that.

seanlinden is online now   Reply With Quote