HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Ryan McDonagh Mancrush Thread...

Old
02-08-2011, 03:03 PM
frankthefrowner

vCash: 500
Excuse me sir but the only thing we care about here is our brutal power play and our non existant scorer. Any positivity you bring is not welcome here.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 03:05 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Oh and I really like Prust too, wish Detroit would get a guy like him. Maybe not the best fighter but can actually play hockey and throw down the mitts with a lot of the bigger guys.
Zetterberg or GTFO.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 03:05 PM
JeffMangum
mfw Flyers D

vCash: 300
My man crush on Ryan McDonagh has begun.

He's so intelligent. Just constantly makes the right plays.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 03:08 PM
AJRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Zetterberg or GTFO.
Best get that scrub Datsyuk too, it's only fair.

But yeah, absolutely loving McDonagh's play, he and Sauer have been great surprises.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:13 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

fire sather.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:19 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Hey all you ranger fans out there, I meant to come on here last night and say this but I was busy.

The rangers have an absolute stud in the making by the name of Ryan Mcdonagh. He was terrific against the wings. Mcilrath and him could be a pretty good pairing for years to come in New York. You have alot to look forward to with Mcdonagh.

Oh and I really like Prust too, wish Detroit would get a guy like him. Maybe not the best fighter but can actually play hockey and throw down the mitts with a lot of the bigger guys.

Fun team to watch in New York for sure
Plz sir can I...Can I touch you? I just wanna feel a champion if for a moment...

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Orr Nightmare

This team really misses Rozsival.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Hey all you ranger fans out there, I meant to come on here last night and say this but I was busy.

The rangers have an absolute stud in the making by the name of Ryan Mcdonagh. He was terrific against the wings. Mcilrath and him could be a pretty good pairing for years to come in New York. You have alot to look forward to with Mcdonagh.

Most Ranger fans were upset when we traded Michal Rozsival because they didn't like McD, now, they all love him.

Old
02-08-2011, 04:49 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

Thanks for the compliments.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:51 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke11y96 View Post
just a hypathetical question to stir up this day off of rangers hockey...would anyone move Del Zotto + to get a young PMD with great powerplay skills? of course it would have to be a defenseman that plays the left side too. I'm not talking Kaberle who is 32-33 years old.

Staal - Girardi
????? - Sauer
McDonagh - Gilroy

Gilroy is that good stop gap number six although I'd move gilroy and put eminger there too just a good spot for either guy till McIlrath is ready, or Kundratek for that matter..

Yandle, Enstrom, I'm not really sure who else has been putting up 40+ pts the past couple years but just curious if there is a defenseman for the left side...I know guys on the right side that would be worth a pretty big offer, Green, Burns, Weber, Seabrook...although our right side looks set for awhile..just curious
I'd say no for two reasons.

1 - MDZ is a young PMD. He doesn't have the great PP skills yet but he's played less than 2 full nhl seasons and for one of them he was okay on the PP so I'm willing to wait.

2 - The kind of guys you're talking about, or at least the examples you provided in Yandle and Enstrom, are franchise d men on their respective teams. They aren't going to be traded without NYR taking a huge kick in the junk.

Though honestly, I think that getting another "big name" D man would be amazing for this team. Having someone between Staal and Girardi's talent levels would be great. It would move Girardi down the depth chart, thus giving the second pairing a serious lift. Sure, some guys are beneath where they would be on a different team, but thats how you build a phenomenal defense. Look at Vancouver for example - where's the guy that wouldn't get more minutes on a team with an "average" defense? I can't find one.

Imagine

Staal - Player X
MDZ - Girardi
McD - Sauer

Looks good to me.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Most Ranger fans were upset when we traded Michal Rozsival because they didn't like McD, now, they all love him.
Yeah, also the Earth is flat.

Come on man. Where the hell do you get this crap from?

The only concern when Rozy was traded was that perhaps our extremely young D wasn't ready to step up and eat Rozy's 20 minutes a game. I haven't seen one negative word about McD all season, including earlier in the year before he was called up.

And yes, many "love" him now because he's been playing extremely solid defense right off the bat to start his career. I don't think anyone could've expected it would be such a seamless transition to the NHL for him. He's a fantastic skater, and he's very smart with and without the puck. He actually covers the man in the slot, which is very un-Ranger like. I'm not head over heels for him yet though, like a lot of fairweather fans. He's been great. Exceeded expectations so far, defensively. I'm still not convinced he'll have a better career than Sauer, and he's not "untouchable" like some seem to have already labelled him 20 games into his career - For the right deal, anyone except Staal, Stepan, Zuccarello, Dubinsky, Callahan, and Lundqvist are "TOUCHABLE."

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
I think about a dozen people were anything close to upset when Rozsival was traded. I can't even think of a single person who "hated" McDonagh.

Amazing how knowledgeable you sound when you just start making stuff up.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 05:26 PM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
McDonagh is the man. The first two pairings are solid for NY, but the third is trouble at best.

AdamGravesNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Del Z is the man...

I mean, McDonagh, he is the man !

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 06:31 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Del Z is the man...

I'll bite...what, not impressed by McD?

02-08-2011, 07:03 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Del Z is the man...

I totally agree with this thread, the kid has been great and shows maturity beyond his years.

But

If he has a rough patch next year he'll get the same ****ing retarded treatment Del Zotto now gets from many posters on here.

Its sickening.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:12 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
I totally agree with this thread, the kid has been great and shows maturity beyond his years.

But

If he has a rough patch next year he'll get the same ****ing retarded treatment Del Zotto now gets from many posters on here.

Its sickening.

This. Defensmen take time to develop. Gotta be patient.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

But

Its sickening.

A lot to like about McDonagh - steady, mature with the occasional rookie mistake, overall looks like a player. 15 games is a small sample to draw conclusions with anyone much less someone that young, but so far so good.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:29 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:

But

Its sickening.
Couldn't agree more.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post

The only concern when Rozy was traded was that perhaps our extremely young D wasn't ready to step up and eat Rozy's 20 minutes a game. I haven't seen one negative word about McD all season, including earlier in the year before he was called up.

And yes, many "love" him now because he's been playing extremely solid defense right off the bat to start his career. I don't think anyone could've expected it would be such a seamless transition to the NHL for him. He's a fantastic skater, and he's very smart with and without the puck. He actually covers the man in the slot, which is very un-Ranger like. I'm not head over heels for him yet though, like a lot of fairweather fans. He's been great. Exceeded expectations so far, defensively. I'm still not convinced he'll have a better career than Sauer, and he's not "untouchable" like some seem to have already labelled him 20 games into his career - For the right deal, anyone except Staal, Stepan, Zuccarello, Dubinsky, Callahan, and Lundqvist are "TOUCHABLE."
McDonagh for Ruslan Salei, i bet u would do that deal.

I like Zucc a alot but for u to say he is untouchable and this kid could be dealt...you might want to retract that before too many people read it...but then again, all the garbage I have been reading the last couple of days...most might agree with u

Old
02-09-2011, 10:01 AM
lbrowne

Quote:

Thanks for compliments - Ryan is a great kid for sure, transitioned to the pros rather quickly I might add.

What part of the rock are ya from?

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:

McDonagh for Ruslan Salei, i bet u would do that deal.
... umm.... I don't know where you got that from or why you would think that I'd do that deal.... No sense make?

Quote:
I like Zucc a alot but for u to say he is untouchable and this kid could be dealt...you might want to retract that before too many people read it...but then again, all the garbage I have been reading the last couple of days...most might agree with u
Zucc is the second most talented player on this team, he's 22 and he's cheap. He's arguably our BEST passer already, and he's been playing at a PPG pace for about 15 games now. The future is extremely bright for him, and there's no realistic offer we'd get that would be worth moving him for. I'm just being practical. Yeah, if Crosby were offered for Zucc, of course I'd do it, but those aren't the kind of deals that would ever happen. Zuccarello is too important to this team moving forward. You'll be eating your words next year when he leads this team in points, Richards or not.

Oh also, it was cool how you completely dodged the issue that I quoted you on.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
... umm.... I don't know where you got that from or why you would think that I'd do that deal.... No sense make?

Zucc is the second most talented player on this team, he's 22 and he's cheap. He's arguably our BEST passer already, and he's been playing at a PPG pace for about 15 games now. The future is extremely bright for him, and there's no realistic offer we'd get that would be worth moving him for. I'm just being practical. Yeah, if Crosby were offered for Zucc, of course I'd do it, but those aren't the kind of deals that would ever happen. Zuccarello is too important to this team moving forward. You'll be eating your words next year when he leads this team in points, Richards or not.

Oh also, it was cool how you completely dodged the issue that I quoted you on.
two words...Christian Thomas.

Again, I am not sure you can read but I said I like Zucc A LOT...but to say he is untouchable and then in the same breathe say a 6'1 218lb mule who can skate like the wind a trade chip, shows 1 or 2 things...you are Norwegian or don't understand hockey.

What issue did I dodge?

Old
02-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:

No offense big guy but Zucc is more "touchable" than either McD or Sauer at this point. We are building from the backline out and those guys are here to stay or at least they should be. Within a couple of years they will both be chipping in regularly offensively as well. McD has a big shot which he has chosen not to use at the risk of getting it blocked and getting caught. But it will be part of his arsenal soon enough.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 06:29 AM
azrok22

vCash: 50
In mancrushing on McDonagh, I also take great satisfaction that the majority of the Habs fan base is finally acknowledging how bad Scott Gomez is.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=869529&page=12

How Sather turns a $7.3m Scott Gomez into Ryan McDonagh, I may never understand.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote