HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Los Angeles Kings Need Center Anze Kopitar To Be A Little Greedy

Old
02-08-2011, 06:15 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 06:56 PM
no name

Murray says he needs to go to the dirty areas to get goals but I think that is something he has really worked on the last 30 games. He can only really go to those areas when he has the puck because otherwise that is not the way the Kings design things. So Murray just saying Kopitar needs to get up and have one "deflected off his back or get a lucky rebound" is really general analysis that does not apply to Kopitar.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:04 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Murray says he needs to go to the dirty areas to get goals but I think that is something he has really worked on the last 30 games. He can only really go to those areas when he has the puck because otherwise that is not the way the Kings design things. So Murray just saying Kopitar needs to get up and have one "deflected off his back or get a lucky rebound" is really general analysis that does not apply to Kopitar.
... Frankly I think that considering who Murray has placed on Kopitar's left wing all season long, Murray has no room to talk about Kopitar's game at all. I don't believe Kopitar will ever break out with a 100+ point season unless he's traded or Murray's fired. And, I see the latter happening wayyy before the former.

I'm not saying that Murray hasn't brought anything to the Kings, even this season, because he has. But he has not done Kopitar justice this season at all. 75-80% of Kopitar's potential production is still gonna be top 20 in the NHL, and I'm afraid that's all we can expect unless Loktionov becomes a confident veteran in a hurry.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote