HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#52 | Ottawa Senators vs. New York Islanders | Feb 5 | W 5-3

Old
02-06-2011, 06:56 AM
BillD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by promputt View Post
OK back from the game. Here is what I thought watching:
Martin looked to be very physical tonight
Schremp looked more active and it paid off
Whoever the Senator was throwing punches at Taveras when he was down and being held by the ref should have been run later in the game.
Bailey looks lost on the ice. He really doesn't get invloved enough.
Wishart looked OK, even threw a couple of nice checks which I didn't expect based on the early reports on these boards.
Poulin looks solid once he gets his game going. Don't know why he is a slow starter?
That goalie thing, well I feel teams are thinking we are soft because we do not respond physically or lose to very physical teams. Hope I am wrong on this one.
Grabner is going to be a very good offensive weapon!
AMac is really, really good
Bailey sucked again for 98% of the game, made a breif 3rd period appearance, then faded away. What was he doing in the first period going behind the net and getting tangled up with KP? He should not be there. Please sit him out a few games to get his attention.

Grabs just continues to make plays with his speed and some good passing plays also.
He is becoming more noticable for some good defense also.

Wishart skated with confidence with the puck, kept it simple, did not hold on to it too long. Not a bad debut at all.

Did I say Bailey sucked?? Really losing faith in him......he is unmotivated.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Axe Man
Brooklyn Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeheex2 View Post
Did you guys really want to win this one? Serious question, aren't you going for a high draft pick?

We are not tanking, we just stink. I want this team to win as many games as possible from now until the rest of the season. I am very glad that we beat the Senators tonight. Losing gets old and besides we have enough young prospects.

Axe Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 09:51 AM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

I would like to add one more item here that is a little off the beaten path but has been on my chest. I just got done reading the Senators GDT board (I did not and do not post on other teams boards unless it is a question about their team or wish them good luck). I read the postings to get a feel of what they think of their team and ours at this time (and my post is not just about the senators, other team GDT's are similar). I just hope that when the Islanders turn this around and start winning that we can show more class than others. They mock us, call us pathetic but yet are glad that they are only one point ahead of us so they can get a better draft pick? I have been convinced for years that many on this board are under the age of 21 and thus the maturity level is lacking. One poster on their board mentions they have a great history and that many on the Islanders board weren't around the last time we won a Stanley Cup- Hello. I know you could not have been around the last time the senators won a cup. I know everyone grows 'keyboard muscles,' but lets try to keep our heads held high in bad times and hopefully VERY soon good times.
When your team is winning it does not make you a better or more knowledgeable fan, you are still just a fan like all of us. I am 47 years old and have been to a cup finals game in all 4 of our cup years, been to a cup parade, was their when hunter threw a cheap shot at Turgeon and many more memorable moments (I even know exactly where I was when Nystrom scored the cup winning goal) - does this make me a better fan- no just a fan. Guy's lets just keep our end to the bargain and be respectful. Thanks

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 09:55 AM
jdr016

I think it varies from team to team. I did something similar for the game in Calgary and they said only complimentary things about us. They seemed more interested in bashing there own team.

jdr016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Chairman Wang

Quote:
I would like to add one more item here that is a little off the beaten path but has been on my chest. I just got done reading the Senators GDT board (I did not and do not post on other teams boards unless it is a question about their team or wish them good luck). I read the postings to get a feel of what they think of their team and ours at this time (and my post is not just about the senators, other team GDT's are similar). I just hope that when the Islanders turn this around and start winning that we can show more class than others. They mock us, call us pathetic but yet are glad that they are only one point ahead of us so they can get a better draft pick? I have been convinced for years that many on this board are under the age of 21 and thus the maturity level is lacking. One poster on their board mentions they have a great history and that many on the Islanders board weren't around the last time we won a Stanley Cup- Hello. I know you could not have been around the last time the senators won a cup. I know everyone grows 'keyboard muscles,' but lets try to keep our heads held high in bad times and hopefully VERY soon good times.
When your team is winning it does not make you a better or more knowledgeable fan, you are still just a fan like all of us. I am 47 years old and have been to a cup finals game in all 4 of our cup years, been to a cup parade, was their when hunter threw a cheap shot at Turgeon and many more memorable moments (I even know exactly where I was when Nystrom scored the cup winning goal) - does this make me a better fan- no just a fan. Guy's lets just keep our end to the bargain and be respectful. Thanks
Just wanted to say... great post!

Chairman Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Stumpy32

Quote:

Stumpy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:24 PM
TheBoss22

Quote:

However, if we do win it big. I'm sure there will still be so-called fans/trolls that will criticize the parade.

"Can you believe Wang had them parading in BYD convertibles and not Ford's!?!?!?!?"

TheBoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Tavares2TheRescue
We Want The de

Schremp post-game (regarding Lehner's cheap shot):
Quote:
"It was kind of a bad penalty for their goals to take and it was goo to make him pay for it," said Schremp, who laughed when asked if he was surprised by Lehner's actions. "It's kind of childish," he said. "We used to do that in Pee Wees when we were pouting. I didn't think it was really necessary.

And then Lehner continued to be an ass:
Quote:
"I was going off and came around the Islander guy - I don't know the name of the goalie - but he skates against me and starts screaming at me," Lehner said. "I put my shoulder into him and he falls easily on his back. It wasn't an elbow, that's for sure."

Tavares2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 07:29 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares2TheRescue View Post
Schremp post-game (regarding Lehner's cheap shot):

And then Lehner continued to be an ass:

Quote from me to Lehner and any other punk Sens fan.....

"You cost your team the game loser."

Now that's the kind of goalie I want on my team......

Hmmmm.... a big tough guy who folds like a portable picnic table?

Or a 20 year old from Montreal who gets knocked down and then sticks it up the other team's collective ***** by stopping every puck the rest of the way.

That Lehner's got a star studded career ahead of him.

Oh, and he'll know Poulin's name soon enough when perhaps the Isles make a move for Lehner so he can carry Poulin's jock and be his backup.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Tavares2TheRescue
We Want The de

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post

Or a 20 year old from Montreal who gets knocked down and then sticks it up the other team's collective ***** by stopping every puck the rest of the way.

Oh, and he'll know Poulin's name soon enough when perhaps the Isles make a move for Lehner so he can carry Poulin's jock and be his backup.
Carrying Poulin's jock won't seem like much punishment compared to the fact that he'd then be an Islander

Tavares2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post

Are you saying Lehner has a better career ahead of him? or did I miss sarcasm somewhere in there?

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:20 AM
IwayMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares2TheRescue View Post
Wow... Some Sens fan called the Islanders "a useless joke of an organization." Exactly my thoughts about the Senators after this game. And at least we've won cups.
+1

Seeing the Senators makes me good about the Islanders. Suck to be an Islander fan until the kids develop more, but it must really suck to be a Senators fan.

IwayMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Tuckisles

Anyone else notice during the Ottawa game (late first period, I think) when KO took a big hit at center ice. He immediately got up and had one of is best shifts ever, he took the body down low and had 2 scoring chances. He looked like a true dominant power forward. Maybe we just need to have someone hit him more often....

Tuckisles is offline   Reply With Quote