HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Deadline

Old
02-08-2011, 08:26 PM
tserberis*

vCash: 500
Deadline

Hi, would like to see your ideas on who we should pick up (position, face) and who should we trade (face)

I think we need strong true first line C.
2-line strong DD.
And goal scorer.

Trade away Sully, Ward, Klien, Dumont.

And Lombardi's contract needs to by either dropped(if possible some how) or bought out...
Does not look like he is gonna play again, and even if, it is gonna be another case of Savard or Laperriere...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:26 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
OK, I'll try to be gentle, because you could get massively flamed.. this isnt a fantasy pool where you can just wish trades into happening

why would someone take Sully or Ward when they are UFA this summer?

Dumont has a no trade clause.

Klein is relatively cheap for an NHL defenseman.

and we dont need our lineup blown up and try to integrate three new starters in the last 20 games...

we are stuck with Lombardis contract.. its guaranteed and even if we wanted to buy it out I dont think we are allowed to while he is injured.

i seriously doubt that there will be a first line center available at the deadline, and any "scorer" will have multiple suitors.

a much more likely outcome is we get a dman for a draft pick and a two way center for a prospect and a pick

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:42 PM
tserberis*

In this case i dont see us playing past April... If that...

Last edited by tserberis*: 02-08-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old
02-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
In this case i dont see us playing past April... If that...
I don't think we're that far away honestly. We definitely need another center with some offensive skill to complete the forward ranks, then we need to see Sully and Svatos get healthy to bolster the depth on the wings. It really all starts with another center though. Look for Blum and a pick to be used to address this need...

We could also use another veteran defenseman, especially if Bouillon misses any significant time. Sulzer and Franson are simply too inconsistent to not have another option in a 7 game series.

Remember, we have an extremely high 2nd round pick courtesy of the Arnott trade to work with as well...Poile will be active over the next month. I guarantee it!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:57 PM
dulzhok

Forsberg would have been nice.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:02 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Forsberg would have been nice.
yeah or maybe even Gretzky, or Lemieux...

Old
02-08-2011, 11:08 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I don't think we're that far away honestly. We definitely need another center with some offensive skill to complete the forward ranks, then we need to see Sully and Svatos get healthy to bolster the depth on the wings. It really all starts with another center though. Look for Blum and a pick to be used to address this need...

We could also use another veteran defenseman, especially if Bouillon misses any significant time. Sulzer and Franson are simply too inconsistent to not have another option in a 7 game series.

Remember, we have an extremely high 2nd round pick courtesy of the Arnott trade to work with as well...Poile will be active over the next month. I guarantee it!
The veteran defenseman how about Jim Vandemeer from the Oilers

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 12:18 AM
tserberis*

What do you think of our chances getting Sam Gagner?

And Steve Montador as 2 pair D

Last edited by tserberis*: 02-09-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old
02-09-2011, 01:06 AM
tserberis*

Phili looks like good team to get a deal going for a good O, they are loaded, and over cap... And they need more space for next year, other wise Lieno or Giroux or Carter gone.

Old
02-09-2011, 01:11 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Phili looks like good team to get a deal going for a good O, they are loaded, and over cap... And they need more space for next year, other wise Lieno or Giroux or Carter gone.
Dont see it happening before the deadline with Philly. They are keeping there parts for a cup run

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 06:02 AM
SK74 Snipes

Watch for a deal with the Oilers.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:29 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK74 Snipes View Post
Watch for a deal with the Oilers.
that is absolutely no news at all.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 12:27 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Sad thing is I could see the following:

ATL:

Joel Ward +

BUF:

ATL 2nd

NSH:

Connolly.

Why ATL does it? Other than the stereotypical, 'Because it's a black guy to the ATL.' ATL's worst in the league in GA and they are near bottom with PK. Ward is a hell of a Defensive forward.

BUF does it to dump Connolly.

NSH gets the center they need.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
What do you think of our chances getting Sam Gagner?
Slim to none. Edmonton is critically low on top-level center talent; all their killer youngsters are wingers.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Sad thing is I could see the following:

ATL:

Joel Ward +

BUF:

ATL 2nd

NSH:

Connolly.

Why ATL does it? Other than the stereotypical, 'Because it's a black guy to the ATL.' ATL's worst in the league in GA and they are near bottom with PK. Ward is a hell of a Defensive forward.

BUF does it to dump Connolly.

NSH gets the center they need.
That'd have to be one hell of a + there.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:15 PM
SK74 Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
that is absolutely no news at all.
I was at the Edmonton game and I have a friend who is very good friends with David Poile. My friend was talking to his wife because he (Poile) was busy at the moment. His wife said "hopefully we can expect a surprise by the end of the week"

either Penner or Hemsky.. just what I heard I guess we will see if anything comes of it.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post

Do you think Nashville would entertain a Blum for Shirokov trade with the Canucks? Shirokov isn't a centre, but he is a top six wing prospect that has been NHL ready all season (just no roster spot available on the Canucks top nine) and he definately is a scorer. Both are prospects that don't have to clear waivers and both have fairly similar salaries.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 03:04 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Poile is likely looking for roster players now.

a prospect swap would be more of a summertime thing, I would guess.

Old
02-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Poile is likely looking for roster players now.

a prospect swap would be more of a summertime thing, I would guess.
I would consider both players NHL ready now. I'm assuming Blum is in a similar situation in Nashville as Shirokov is in Vancouver. good enough to be playing on the NHL team this season if there was a roster spot open.

Shirokov's only hope this season and next to make the Canucks is one of our regulars is hurt. Even then he will be competing with Hodgson for that roster spot.

Shirkov plays either wing, but he still has to beat out Daniel Sedin, Raymond or Torres on LW or Burrows, Samuelsson, Tambellini and Hansen on RW. That is a tough assignment, especially with Hansen and Glass on the 4th line, but both able to play top six roles.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 03:27 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
I would consider both players NHL ready now. I'm assuming Blum is in a similar situation in Nashville as Shirokov is in Vancouver. good enough to be playing on the NHL team this season if there was a roster spot open.

Shirokov's only hope this season and next to make the Canucks is one of our regulars is hurt. Even then he will be competing with Hodgson for that roster spot.

Shirkov plays either wing, but he still has to beat out Daniel Sedin, Raymond or Torres on LW or Burrows, Samuelsson, Tambellini and Hansen on RW. That is a tough assignment, especially with Hansen and Glass on the 4th line, but both able to play top six roles.
doesnt matter, Poile is going to be looking for an experienced player for the playoff run.

so I would again say, no, this doesnt happen at the deadline. possibly in the summer, but it would also be uncommon for poile to swap a high end prospect for another high end prospect.

in the rare cases he trades our prospects, its usually for a truly established player.

Old
02-09-2011, 03:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post

I think Blum will be used as a trade chip, in fact I'd be shocked if he wasn't (which I'm okay with...i'll forever associate Blum with the day of the 2007 draft, when Leipold formally announced the intent to sell to Balsillie), but I think a) it will be part of a package for an established player and b)i don't think the Preds want any part of Shirokov, with the Radulov taste still fresh in their mouths.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 04:02 PM
dulzhok

Ellis, Blum, and possibly Josi are our only non-roster players that might be able to acquire something significant in return. Guys like Watson or Beck may have some value, but not enough to bring an established player with a decent contract. Then, we have our 1st rd picks.

On the roster, about half our players have some value, but we are unlikely to trade them.

I expect a quasi-addition like Bombardier or Zholtok, that will only mean giving up a mid-round pick.

We just don't have the assets we had a few years back to put up significant offers, which is OK with me. I always hated to see us p*ssing away assets for rentals like Forsberg and Witt.

Blum makes the most sense, but I don't see teams lining up for him.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I expect Grebeshkov/Boyd like pickups but no big splashes. Hemsky is on my wish list, but I don't think that's realistic.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:00 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Well..... if Cube were back and we couldn't get the center we need for our prospects, why not deal Franson? PP sucks anyway, and while his play the last 3 weeks has been MUCH better than before Christmas, he's still our weakest defender. Sulzer is adequate and probably better with KK than Cube is anyway. Not suggesting we necessarily deal him for a rental - we could take on a center with a contract and pass on signing one of our FAs.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:40 PM
ilockitdown

Send a message via Skype™ to ilockitdown
not a deadline move but jw wat ppl here have thoughts on brad richards in the offseason? i think he would be a good fit with you guys but I do not watch enough games to be totally sure so just wondering what your opinions are?

ilockitdown is offline   Reply With Quote