HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Murray speaks!

Old
02-06-2011, 08:12 PM
SENSational Sens Fan

vCash: 500
I hope Murray is fired the moment he and RNH/Landeskog/Couturier are interviewed by Duthie, who informs Murray of the firing, shortly after we make our lottery selection.

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Smeddy
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy The Sens Fan View Post
I hope Murray is fired the moment he and RNH/Landeskog/Couturier are interviewed by Duthie, who informs Murray of the firing, shortly after we make our lottery selection.
After the 7th round he can leave.

Smeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 08:41 PM
FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Leclaire won't be back - BM is just not going to dump on him while he is a member of the team
Exactly.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Holdurbreathe

Not sure why all the complaining about Murray's comments, sounded very appropriate given the situation. Basically he put to rest the notion that the Sens would make a specific trade at this time for a goaltender. In case some of you missed it, he said NO.

Everything else he said was very appropriate, he didn't throw anyone under then bus, and he left the door open for the Sens to go in any direction they wish.

It seems some posters would have liked for him to burn Leclaire and Elliott, not sure why, it accomplishes nothing.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Not sure why all the complaining about Murray's comments, sounded very appropriate given the situation. Basically he put to rest the notion that the Sens would make a specific trade at this time for a goaltender. In case some of you missed it, he said NO.

Everything else he said was very appropriate, he didn't throw anyone under then bus, and he left the door open for the Sens to go in any direction they wish.

It seems some posters would have liked for him to burn Leclaire and Elliott, not sure why, it accomplishes nothing.
I'm gonna go ahead and agree with everything here.

Seriously, what do people want Murray to say? "Yeah, Leclaire and been a total disappointment and he put the franchise back 2 or 3 years because his conditioning sucks and he can't handle the bumps and bruises that come with playing in The NHL". Is that what people wanted to hear? Good on Murray for just letting it slide, everyone knows Leclaire won't be back so why pile on?

Also, what would people what him to say about Elliott? He didn't turn into a bad goaltender over night. It all comes back to Leclaire because there has been no one to put in nets (until Lehner) that can come in and take over for Elliott. Elliott had a fantastic year last year with basically the same defense and was player of the week twice and now he can't stop a beachball... most teams would have another option for themselves other than a guy who has lost 13 straight. Most of it is mental with Elliott but at this point he is done for the season, he's drained and it's easy to see.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:27 AM
pt_mck

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Jose Theodore?
Martin Biron?

pt_mck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 08:44 AM
HappyDude
Fire Cameron

GOD Murray sounds like such a bumbling idiot. He displays no confidence and it rubs off on the team. He always says stuff like "I THINK this will help us", "I HOPE I can do this". He is so uncertain. Melnyk and Murray are like the Odd couple with Murray showing no confidence and Melnyk being super overconfident all the time.

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
GOD Murray sounds like such a bumbling idiot. He displays no confidence and it rubs off on the team. He always says stuff like "I THINK this will help us", "I HOPE I can do this". He is so uncertain. Melnyk and Murray are like the Odd couple with Murray showing no confidence and Melnyk being super overconfident all the time.
Yeah, you want someone like Burke who knows what will help his team and knows what moves to make. That's what you need!

Old
02-07-2011, 08:51 AM
HappyDude
Fire Cameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
Yeah, you want someone like Burke who knows what will help his team and knows what moves to make. That's what you need!

okok I overreacted, at least hes not Burke. I actually feel really bad for Leafs fans. that Kessel trade.... wow... It couldn't have been worse... And then he gets picked last. He is the worst all star.

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Billy Madison*

Quote:

okok I overreacted, at least hes not Burke. I actually feel really bad for Leafs fans. that Kessel trade.... wow... It couldn't have been worse... And then he gets picked last. He is the worst all star.
Absolutely. Murray is saying exactly what he should be saying. Prasing the youth and energy that Lehner is bringing, saying there are deals to be made but he's waiting a little longer (which isnt bad), and not throwing any one player under the bus.

The fact is Murray can't predict the future and even he has to wait and see how things play out the rest of the way. The only thing he can control is who he deals before Feb 28th, that's it. Everyone has to let this fire burn out before they start to rebuild.

Old
02-07-2011, 08:54 AM
SenzZen
Unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Leclaire won't be back - BM is just not going to dump on him while he is a member of the team
This.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 08:59 AM
SenzZen
Unsustainable

Quote:

I agree with everything in bold.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Did people actually spend the four and half minutes to actually listen to the clip before commenting? I see some have, but it certainly not all.

Some of you are worse than the Sun media. Taking half a sentence and tearing apart everything Murray said based on that ....well...all I can say is, only on HF boards.

Quote:
"My intent was not to go and get a veteran goaltender and just have him here for the balance of the year. I'm not saying in the process of discussing of trades, of possible trades, with other teams I won't at least talk about a potential goaltender being in the mix BUT beyond that I don't think we're going to go find a veteran guy to bring in for the balance"

If we do something it would be to accommodate a need going forward. We know going into next season we will need an additional goaltender. Whether it be a healthy Pascal or we look elsewhere that is certainly something we have talked about a lot.
Nowhere does it say he would bring back Leclaire. He says they talked about bringing him back vs looking elsewhere. In other words, they debated the pros and cons of both scenarios. Murray never says what conclusion they got to from those discussions. I interpret the Leclaire reference here as meaning: Since he hasn't been healthy for the majority of the time he's spent here, Leclaire isn't coming back. We've talked a lot about it, but I'm not going to say that to you publicly, because thrashing a player who is on IR is something that happens on public forums and it is not something that professional hockey teams ever do to their players.

Kickabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:

Seriously, what do people want Murray to say? "Yeah, Leclaire and been a total disappointment and he put the franchise back 2 or 3 years because his conditioning sucks and he can't handle the bumps and bruises that come with playing in The NHL". Is that what people wanted to hear? Good on Murray for just letting it slide, everyone knows Leclaire won't be back so why pile on?

Also, what would people what him to say about Elliott? He didn't turn into a bad goaltender over night. It all comes back to Leclaire because there has been no one to put in nets (until Lehner) that can come in and take over for Elliott. Elliott had a fantastic year last year with basically the same defense and was player of the week twice and now he can't stop a beachball... most teams would have another option for themselves other than a guy who has lost 13 straight. Most of it is mental with Elliott but at this point he is done for the season, he's drained and it's easy to see.
Well, you can't expect teenagers to understand how the real world works... Give them time to learn their lessons I suppose... That's what grumpy old farts are here for, to bring people back to earth. Leclaire has already enough problems. Don't need to destroy him even more and killing his chances to find another job

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Melnyks Mirage
We're doomed.

vCash: 50
Quote:

Seriously, what do people want Murray to say? .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Well, you can't expect teenagers to understand how the real world works... Give them time to learn their lessons I suppose... That's what grumpy old farts are here for, to bring people back to earth. Leclaire has already enough problems. Don't need to destroy him even more and killing his chances to find another job

You guys are hilarious, an I'd wager, X, that you aren't much more than early to mid 20s.

Here's what I'd like Murray to say:

"Goaltending has always been a soft spot for this franchise. We are looking at possibilities, whether internal or external. It's too early to tell where we're going, but discussions are ongoing on the issue."

You've said nothing while answering a question, the end.

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 03:20 AM
thammias

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
You guys are hilarious, an I'd wager, X, that you aren't much more than early to mid 20s.

"Goaltending has always been a soft spot for this franchise. We are looking at possibilities, whether internal or external. It's too early to tell where we're going, but discussions are ongoing on the issue."

Ummm....I'm confused. That's pretty much much what he said. Minus the whole "Goaltending has always been a soft spot" sentence that you added which throws our current players under contract under the bus and certainly doesn't help to attract other goaltenders in the league to come here with that attitude. He basically said what you said in different words. That its too early to tell but if they do make a decision or move that it would be a decision to help our future.

thammias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:

I'm in my early 30s but good try. And I'm mature enough to not make a "storm in a glass of water" everytime something is said.

Murray (like most show-business people) is always in a lose-lose situation in Ottawa. When he blasts Commodore, he gets criticized; when he protects Leclaire, he gets criticized as well... And you guys still don't get it. I'm probably the one who is immature lol

By the way, the "what you'd like Murray to say" is somewhat very similar to what he said in reality. Now give your head shake

Old
02-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:

Serious?

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Serious?
Ya I know... But it's SFD... WIhat I've learned with years is that you can't expect too much from him and that 80% of whatever he says is against Bryan Murray as he has an unreal hate for the guy... sorta like Fuhr but just another style.

Old
02-08-2011, 02:51 PM
senatoilers*

Murray may suck but he's no Stan Bowman.. now there's a failure of a GM. Just look at his resume:

traded Byfuglien, Sopel, Eager, Aliu for Reasoner, Crabb, Morin, 24th pick, 54th pick
traded Versteeg, Sweatt for Stalberg, Didomenico, Paradis

Now they sit 11th in the conference after a 112pt season and winning a cup.

We all know that GMs should only be judged on how their team performs after they take over and that the circumstances of the team when they took over are irrelevant.

Stan Bowman and Bryan Murray... two of the worst GMs in NHL history.

senatoilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by senatoilers View Post
Murray may suck but he's no Stan Bowman.. now there's a failure of a GM. Just look at his resume:

traded Byfuglien, Sopel, Eager, Aliu for Reasoner, Crabb, Morin, 24th pick, 54th pick
traded Versteeg, Sweatt for Stalberg, Didomenico, Paradis

Now they sit 11th in the conference after a 112pt season and winning a cup.

We all know that GMs should only be judged on how their team performs after they take over and that the circumstances of the team when they took over are irrelevant.

Stan Bowman and Bryan Murray... two of the worst GMs in NHL history.
Considering some of your recent posts that I've come across, I can't tell whether you're serious here or not.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 08:34 PM
PhysicalTorque

Oh that's so cute, Murray is talking like he is going to be here for next season. Hahaha.

Trollolololol.

You won't be doing any signings, and that goes for your contract too.

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:

Murray did say basically that, now you should be happy

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote