HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs and Boston pursuing Kaberle and Phillips(Rangers & Sharks also pursuing Kaberle)

Old
02-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Errrrhhh...

That's a side effect of drafting american D-Men David Fischer.
THATS WHY! Montreal fans notoriously spell it Mike Fischer and I needed to get to the bottom of it.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:04 PM
MXD

...Damn, so many spailling fayls..

Philllips, Fischer...

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:18 PM
ecemleafs

I'd imagine if Kaberle could be had for a 2nd + nothing major than Sather would pull the trigger. We add a dman at the deadline nearly every year and we have two 2nd round picks this draft.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:20 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

4 teams in on Kaberle?

Price just went up from a 2nd.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:21 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

If we trade Kaberle, it better be to a team in the West, or at the very least a team that's not in our division.

The last thing I ever want to see is Kaberle sending crisp, clean passes to Chara who tees them up for deadly one-timers

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Mhoogasian94123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread;30756941[B
]If we trade Kaberle, it better be to a team in the West[/B], or at the very least a team that's not in our division.

The last thing I ever want to see is Kaberle sending crisp, clean passes to Chara who tees them up for deadly one-timers
I would LOVE to have Kaberle on the Sharks but he's supposedly stated he doesn't want to go West. Chara getting a pass from Kaberle would be sweet but I understand how you feel

Mhoogasian94123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:15 PM
gotmonte

I think the rangers will try and get Richards first (yes I know its a TOTALLY different position, but they need all the money that can use for him. If they DONT GET RICHARDS) they turn their attention on Kaberle.

Just my own opinion and it probably is wrong but whatever, 80% of the people on this site is wrong so let me join ya's lol

If you have richards, he will help gabby score and he will score too. So the power play albeit a very important issue for the rangers, will have a center to score. But you wont have Kaberle back there throwing bombs from the point.

If you miss richards you go for Kaberle because than your power play is going to have to save your butts in a lot of games because gabby is not scoring this year and duby, cally, anisomov, zukes cant be the whole scoring threat. We wont win much with that.

So to recover here:

I rather richards but if we get him, forget Kabs. If you fail with Richards, you go get a bomber for the power play in Kabs.

I rather richards though OBVIOUSLY but the trad chips might be high. I rather let him walk and sign him or let him get traded and hopefully that team doesnt convince him to sign with them knowing full well the rangers with him WILL be a threat. Look at Flyers. They SQUEEK in on the last day and go to the finals. That confidence makes them the next year BIG BOYS. We need that. We need the finals (hopefully we would win but I dont see that at ALL right now) so the next year we can strut our stuff. We have a world class goalie (albeit sometimes has an off nite, thats why he doesnt win the trophy each year but will be nominated) and we have a world class scoring threat (when he is HAPPY and has a good center to pass to, we have excellent amount of young kids. Zuccarello is the size of St. Louis (albeit he is NOT st. louis in scoring) and has some intelligent plays and actually hits, so I like him, callahan can score and is OUR LEADER HANDS FRIKKIN DOWN. He is the next Captain. You have Dubinsky who is getting nicer each year he plays. He is a keeper. Staal. He is a beast on defense, Saur another great player you dont hear much about. Those are the best defensemen. The ones you dont hear about during the game. Means they are quietly doing theiir job, McDonagh WOW this kid can skate and has some soft hands. He will be a BEAST like Staal in the next year or two, You have Girardi back there. Plays really well. Prospal if he stays healthy, he is a great energy guy and a good center for gabby, and others.

So we NEED richards or kaberle to help us with our "MOXIE"

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbloodhockey View Post
4 teams in on Kaberle?

Price never dropped that low.

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Pinkfloyd

For the Sharks to land Kaberle, they'd have to clear out about 2.5-ish million cap dollars. So even if a value trade could be worked out for the rental Kaberle, the Sharks would have to find takers for Kent Huskins and most likely Torrey Mitchell.

I doubt Kaberle will waive his NTC to go to San Jose anyway. Sharks best option will be a player like Andy Greene.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

With so much interest Burke would be stupid to let him go for anything less than a first

Leafs87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbloodhockey View Post
4 teams in on Kaberle?

Pfffttt...

02-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Strange Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
It boggles my mind how someone could spell Fisher wrong. He's obviously not European.
My last name happens to be Fischer and my parents are European but I was born in Canada making me a Canadian.

Nobody would know this unless I explained it as I have done here.
Ergo,spelling Fischer with or without "c" one needs to know how it is actually spelled.

Strange Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:54 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Grachev + 2nd.

Grachev is a promising player, but he's struggled in the AHL up until a few weeks ago. He still has the skills and size to be a very good player, but his mental game seems step behind as it is. I think a change of scenery could be a very good thing for him, maybe get some consistent playing time in Toronto other than playing 5 minutes as an injury call-up in New York. He has a good shot, is about 6'4, and has a sick set of mitts. He could compliment Kessel pretty well, imo, he's very good along the boards.

And the 2nd, is, well, a 2nd. Should be around 45-55.

02-08-2011, 10:59 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Grachev + 2nd.

Grachev is a promising player, but he's struggled in the AHL up until a few weeks ago. He still has the skills and size to be a very good player, but his mental game seems step behind as it is. I think a change of scenery could be a very good thing for him, maybe get some consistent playing time in Toronto other than playing 5 minutes as an injury call-up in New York. He has a good shot, is about 6'4, and has a sick set of mitts. He could compliment Kessel pretty well, imo, he's very good along the boards.

Fair deal. I'd be willing to give that up for Kaberle.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:59 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
With so much interest Burke would be stupid to let him go for anything less than a first
Burke would be stupid to let him go period. They guy is 8th in the leauge in scoring amongst defencemen, and thats on a team who hasn't been able to generate goals from point shots (generally where defencemen pick up their points). If Phaneuf could hit the net and/or we could generate a cycle game down low to increase the effectiveness of our point shots, Toronto would be much better than the 24th best offensive team in the league, and Kaberle would have be right up there with the league leaders.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:00 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Grachev + 2nd.

don't want grachev. i'd do thomas and a 2nd and i'd consider werek and a 2nd

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
don't want grachev. i'd do thomas and a 2nd. i'd consider werek and a 2nd
Thomas won't be traded. He's absolutely dominating the OHL and was a recent 2nd rounder.

Werek, maybe.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
burgess1978

I'd speculate that with Phillips these locations are being suggested beacuse:

1. He's lived in Ottawa for 15 years, so Montreal is easier personally
2. He had great chemistry with Chara, so Boston is a team where he would likely fit in

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:01 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Fair deal. I'd be willing to give that up for Kaberle.
no it's really not

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Incognito

The Leafs will pass on Boston. We're not interested in making any more trades with that franchise.

Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
no it's really not
Yeah it really is, going off the reported value of Kaberle.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Schennanigans

Quote:
Grachev + 2nd.

Sounds good to me. He'd probably be an upgrade over Boyce and or Crabb right now. And having two 2nd rounders would be swell. I had proposed a 2nd, 3rd and Grachev earlier. It's close to his value I think.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Captain Saku

Phillips for Weber straight up

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:04 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Philips for Weber straight up
Don't think the Sens need anymore defensive prospects.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 11:04 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Grachev + 2nd.

I'm definitely not opposed to this as a return if Kaberle is traded. It seems like i have heard a lot of hype for Grachev from Rangers fans over the past while, and if i'm not mistaken he seems to be heating up in the AHL?

We could certainly use a size injection, and a 45-55 pick will be good in this draft. I would be pleased if a deal like this went through. Of course the prospect of getting a 1st rounder is always a nice idea, but at this point it doesn't seem like that will be possible.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote