HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Speculation

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I know I'm in the minority but I still think this team can make noise in the playoffs. They have not played awful during this slump. They've been in every game. The glaring difference as I continue to mention is their PP. Had they possessed a better PP they might have won all of the games during this slump. Not scoring last night with a 5-on-3, and the penguins game comes to mind with the 5 minute major assessed to J.Staal. Those are two games they would have won imo.

They are going to come out of this slump. They will win friday against atlanta and get back on track.
Teams with bad powerplays don't get past the first round. The Rangers are slumping, but the PP has been bad all year. Our PP isn't nearly good enough for us to make noise in the playoffs.

Old
02-08-2011, 10:08 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Teams with bad powerplays don't get past the first round. The Rangers are slumping, but the PP has been bad all year. Our PP isn't nearly good enough for us to make noise in the playoffs.
Wasn't Chicago's powerplay in the bottom half of the league last year?

One thing I've learned with sports is that there are exceptions to just about every rule. There is no concrete blueprint to winning outside of scoring more goals than your opponent.

Rangers would be a tough team to deal with in the playoffs. They never stop fighting and the goaltender has the ability to win a series on his own.

Old
02-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Wasn't Chicago's powerplay in the bottom half of the league last year?

One thing I've learned with sports is that there are exceptions to just about every rule. There is no concrete blueprint to winning outside of scoring more goals than your opponent.

Rangers would be a tough team to deal with in the playoffs. They never stop fighting and the goaltender has the ability to win a series on his own.
It's not the ranking, or how many you score, but when you score them. The Hawks didn't have a great powerplay, but when they needed a goal out of their PP they got it. The Rangers haven't gotten a clutch PP goal since 1994.

Old
02-08-2011, 10:37 PM
bmw2004

I don't even remember last time this team had a great PP percentage. Any of you remember? It's been like this forever. Every coach was trying to fix this problem with no results. Why?

Old
02-08-2011, 11:10 PM
rangers4ever2007

christensen, gilroy and a draft pick for the PP QB d-man and worry about the 1st line center in july

Old
02-08-2011, 11:12 PM
JeffMangum
~Dylan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
christensen, gilroy and a draft pick for the PP QB d-man and worry about the 1st line center in july
Damn, such a desirable package. Teams will be throwing PPQB's at us at the prospect of acquiring such assets.

Everything about you is bringing me misery.
Old
02-08-2011, 11:14 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Damn, such a desirable package. Teams will be throwing PPQB's at us at the prospect of acquiring such assets.
throw in grachev?

Old
02-08-2011, 11:17 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

The only realistic target is Richards. Nothing else would improve us enough.

Old
02-08-2011, 11:19 PM
JeffMangum
~Dylan~

Quote:
throw in grachev?
Grachev + 2nd for Kaberle at the deadline.

Christensen probably has negative value.

Old
02-08-2011, 11:21 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:

sign me up.

flip gilroy for a pick then.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Quote:

Yeah if another GM offered me Christiensen I'd get mad and hang up.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

Kaberle.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Dorado*

Why is Grachevs everybody throw in for trades ?He's 20 a big body can skate posses a good shot..i dont getit.All our prospects at FWD are dwarves , Bourque ,Thomas ,or avg sized players , Werek, fasth , Hagelin withthe exception of Kreiderandim pretty sure everone is enamored with him .I mentioned this before does'nt anyone else feel that given the chance and the minutes Grachev could develop into a Mule Franzen in the future ? We hitched our wagons to MDZ yet we want to trade one of our according to HF Top prospects at forward for a rental and the 8 seed ? I thought in his limited minutes against I believe Washington the last game he played up here he was a beast along the boards and held the puck down low quite well . We talk about our PP all the time but from what Ive heard this kid scores in the A off the one timer as of late . I don't see why this guy once he fully matures physically and mentally and has a better command of the language he cant be a productive NHL and a good body in front of the net on the PP with his size and hands

Old
02-09-2011, 08:22 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Zach Bogosian

Old
02-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Dorado*

I like Bogosian , Ill give MDZ straight up for him fresh start for both players , hes from Upstate NY as well and given our number of Amercan players might be a good fit . Torts aka EGo Man is not the coach to develop MDZ . Im not given up on MDZ has an NHLer but i think he is more Mike Mottau than Dan Boyle . I also think its blasphemy that he wears Ron Greschners number .

Old
02-09-2011, 08:43 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
I like Bogosian , Ill give MDZ straight up for him fresh start for both players , hes from Upstate NY as well and given our number of Amercan players might be a good fit . Torts aka EGo Man is not the coach to develop MDZ . Im not given up on MDZ has an NHLer but i think he is more Mike Mottau than Dan Boyle . I also think its blasphemy that he wears Ron Greschners number .
Atlanta wants a veteran D-man back to help their playoff chances...this has been discussed before, but, would you give up Girardi, knowing it would hurt current playoffs chances, in order to get a talent like Bogosian for the long run? I would, but, I've maintained throughout the year that this year is a transition year for this franchise, as the leadership are being turned over to the likes of Callahan, Dubinsky and Staal, while at the same time, rookies like Stepan, MZA, Sauer and McDonagh are gaining important development time at the NHL level.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:54 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Atlanta wants a veteran D-man back to help their playoff chances...this has been discussed before, but, would you give up Girardi, knowing it would hurt current playoffs chances, in order to get a talent like Bogosian for the long run? I would, but, I've maintained throughout the year that this year is a transition year for this franchise, as the leadership are being turned over to the likes of Callahan, Dubinsky and Staal, while at the same time, rookies like Stepan, MZA, Sauer and McDonagh are gaining important development time at the NHL level.
I'm with you. I'd definitely make that trade. Bogo has the potential to be bigger factor at both ends of the ice.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I'm with you. I'd definitely make that trade. Bogo has the potential to be bigger factor at both ends of the ice.
I'd probably give it a long look, but I'd be worried about what moving Girardi would do to the team dynamic. However, I still think Sauer will become a better player than Girardi, and a I absolutely love Bogosian's upside. Really tough decision, IMO.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:12 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd probably give it a long look, but I'd be worried about what moving Girardi would do to the team dynamic. However, I still think Sauer will become a better player than Girardi, and a I absolutely love Bogosian's upside. Really tough decision, IMO.
I have no doubt that Sauer will become a better player than Girardi. He's already a better decision maker. I think McDonagh will as well.

I just don't think Girardi is as good as people here make him out to be. It's not to say that he's bad, but he's a second pairing defenseman. He plays on a team with a fantastic goaltender and some of the best defensive forwards in the league with a team that plays a staunch defensive game.

Bogosian is the kind of talent we are missing on the blueline.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Dorado*

Quote:
I have no doubt that Sauer will become a better player than Girardi. He's already a better decision maker. I think McDonagh will as well.

I just don't think Girardi is as good as people here make him out to be. It's not to say that he's bad, but he's a second pairing defenseman. He plays on a team with a fantastic goaltender and some of the best defensive forwards in the league with a team that plays a staunch defensive game.

girardi is a nice player but i agree 100% . He has a reasonable contract next few years . How many shut down D men do we need . There is a reason girardi was undrafted , his foot speed . No questioning girardis , intensity , readiness to play , shot blocking and his marginal Offensive upside but he gets beat to many 50/50 pucks and cant make up for being beat with speed the way a sauer or McD can. Girardi is a favorite among Torts for his shot blocking . One of the reasons girardi always throws wristers at the net is not that they are easier to get through , but because they are easier to get through FOR HIm with his limited quickness and ability to laterally get into a lane and fire . No knock ON GIRARDI hes a good ranger but many a better player has been moved for the right pieces

Old
02-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:

Girardi's foot speed is really starting to become a concern to me. He's an excellent shot blocker, has a nice edge to his game, and is generally solid positionally, but he gets beat constantly whenever we play a team that has speed up front.

I think he's a good player, definitely a quality 2nd pairing guy, but how many players have we seen "up their game" when paired with Staal?

Old
02-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Quote:
Oh man teams are going to be chomping at the bit for that package.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:38 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I disagree. Like I said a good PP would have won us games the last 4 games imo. That makes a helluva difference in the standings. Why wouldnt that apply in the playoffs? A PP can be the difference between winning and losing a game

Old
02-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Derek Morris who is not great but descent was dealt as a UFA for Prucha, Dawes, Kalinin

Kalinin is in the KHL and Prucha and Dawes are AHL call ups. So Gilroy, Christensen and a mid round pick can get someone descent just not a top notch guy like Kaberle

Old
02-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
haha , EC is like a hockey DH keep him on the bench until a shoot out . He is the biggest mope on skates i ever seen.t really is a shame a guy that can shoot like he can and with his hands is such a mope and a limp dxxk . If only we could put his hands on any of our other hard working gritty courageous players . He could be an all star in Europe where he belongs .

Closed Thread