HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

EDM @ NSH 7:00PM CST "It's a Trap!"

Old
02-08-2011, 05:33 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
If anything, most of the comments have been complaints directly leading to the lack of a top 6 center. Goc needs to move down a line.

Nashville can trade for Connolly and even then they could make a move to improve the wing position.

If anything, I'd personally love to see what Atlanta would want for Antropov. Yes, I am ready to make a stereotypical deal where Ward+ goes to Atlanta.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 06:47 PM
token grinder

what make connelly a better player than goc?

can't really use stats from this year as mr. glass broke againa nd goc has better ones.

he seems like another bottom six forward to me.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Here's an idea! Lets try Wilson at center on one of the top two lines, which is what they drafted him for. You can see when he rushes the puck up the ice, and the plays he makes, he is a natural center.
Not sure why your coaches don't want to try it again. He just keeps moving from one line to the next depending on who is injured, who is "not going" . His face offs have been decent, and defensively he is plus 10.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:52 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
If anything, most of the comments have been complaints directly leading to the lack of a top 6 center. Goc needs to move down a line.

Nashville can trade for Connolly and even then they could make a move to improve the wing position.

If anything, I'd personally love to see what Atlanta would want for Antropov. Yes, I am ready to make a stereotypical deal where Ward+ goes to Atlanta.
I've said this before... People start protecting Goc.
But he is not a first liner, not even second yet...

I dont think we have a first liner on this team...

Last edited by tserberis*: 02-08-2011 at 07:55 PM. Reason: spelling
tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 09:02 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
what make connelly a better player than goc?

can't really use stats from this year as mr. glass broke againa nd goc has better ones.

he seems like another bottom six forward to me.
Offensively, he's much more talented than Goc and offense is where we need help the most. He's injury prone and not a consistent point producer but honestly what consistent PPG 1st line forward is really going to be available at the deadline and realistically what are our chances of obtaining said player?

I'm not saying he's the answer. i don't know what the answer is.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:28 PM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Here's an idea! Lets try Wilson at center on one of the top two lines, which is what they drafted him for. You can see when he rushes the puck up the ice, and the plays he makes, he is a natural center.
Not sure why your coaches don't want to try it again. He just keeps moving from one line to the next depending on who is injured, who is "not going" . His face offs have been decent, and defensively he is plus 10.
Well, so far he's not played very well in the stretches we've had him center, and he's had some VERY good stretches when we've given him consistent time and a line as a wing. But, if we can't get a C to play on top 2 lines I'd be ok giving him a shot to C when Svatos comes back. Let him center Erat and SK, slip Svatos into Leggy's line, and Goc center Sully and JP.

However, my guess is, if Trotz were to do it, he'd be centering Sully and JP.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:28 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
However, my guess is, if Trotz were to do it, he'd be centering Sully and JP.
and they would get 5-7 min ES strenght time and PP time. Wilson is a waste with those two becasue you know trotz won't throw them out enough. Wilson needs to be paired with a guy who goes to the net (horn or ward) and a guy who will shoot the puck, which the only center doing that with any frequency is legwand, unless you don't count hitting the goalies crest every time shooting the puck.

I am not against him, moving to center, but it is a transition that needs to be made over the summer.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote