HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kypreos: "Kaberle wants to stay with the Leafs"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2011, 12:48 AM
  #51
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4LIFE View Post
I didn't see the quote where dregger said be "absolutely won't re-sign". Teams having interest in aquiring Kaberle doesn't mean Tomas wants to leave. I'm sure there are GM's in the NHL that have plenty of interest in players that are presently happy where they currently play.


Kaberle has said many times he wants to stay a Leaf. Burke has said publicly that Kabrle said he wants to stay. I do know that Kypreos is connected to current Leafs. If Kaberle re-signs it will be around 5.5, not a chance at the 4.25 unless its a very long deal.
You might want to find the Darren Dreger interview on the Waters show, this past Monday.

I don't know how much clearer DD can state it, he says we better get something for him at the TD because he(Tomas) will not be resigning here in July. Waters and Brian did not even flinch at this news, hell they did not even question him on it.

Sounds to me like this is old news for those that get some inside ears , the boys on HCAN have been saying the same thing for a few weeks now.

So what is one to think? They strip him of his A , there has been no confirmations of even contract talks , he does not fit into the teams age line as what the team has been building and we have more than one outlet , neither of them connected with each other , trying to tell us (brace yourselves , there won't be a signed contract this summer) , is the problem in Kabers camp or Burkes ? who knows, but the result is the same.


Check near the 7.10 left in the interview clock.

Faltorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 01:10 AM
  #52
Stats01
Registered User
 
Stats01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
I was watching the post-game on sportsnet. Kypreos stated that Kaberle wants sign an extension with the Leafs. Also said there is no beef with him and Wilson anymore and that there was an "understanding between them"

Just wanted to get this information out there as there seems to be a lot of misinformed posters who feel that Kaberle doesn't want to come back to the Leafs or that he is unhappy.

If Burke doesn't get the return he's looking for, I can definitely see him holding on to Kaberle as he has done for the past two summers when the NTC window was open.
This situation reminds me of Wade Redden. Ottawa tried to trade him to Edmonton at the draft a couple of years ago he rejected it, they than tried to trade him to SJ at the deadline he rejected. He later signed a massive deal with the NYR.

My point being: Why would Kaberle stay when it's quite obvious that management don't want him here, when you're constantly being involved in trade rumours why would you sign somewhere when it's clear you're not wanted. He might say he wants to stay and he probably does but he knows the writing is on the wall. It's time for him to leave. He's had a great run here.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 07:56 AM
  #53
Vexxed14
Registered User
 
Vexxed14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Barrie, Ont
Posts: 4,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
This situation reminds me of Wade Redden. Ottawa tried to trade him to Edmonton at the draft a couple of years ago he rejected it, they than tried to trade him to SJ at the deadline he rejected. He later signed a massive deal with the NYR.

My point being: Why would Kaberle stay when it's quite obvious that management don't want him here, when you're constantly being involved in trade rumours why would you sign somewhere when it's clear you're not wanted. He might say he wants to stay and he probably does but he knows the writing is on the wall. It's time for him to leave. He's had a great run here.


Truth is, management has NOT been trying to trade him. In fact, it has been very much the opposite. It has been the fans who have been trying to trade him and not because of poor play but because he is the player that may yield the highest return. Most true and smart fans do not want him to go at all. He would realistically be the 2nd last Dman we move from our starting lineup (Schenn being the very last).

We leaf fans ask for an overpayment for him because we don't want him to go. He will sign an extension before the draft and stay in town, especially if the rumours around Komi garnering interest are true. Beauch and Komi go this season, Kabby stays with Schenn, and we begin to reach into the farm for our impressive youngsters. We want Kabby here to help bring along Blacker who will hopefully effectively fill his role in 3yrs time or so.


TL;DR: Kabby has only been in the rumour mill because of T.O media and fans, management has never been in any serious rush to move him and has always said it would take a "blow your mind" type of offer.

Vexxed14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:01 AM
  #54
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
Well between him and Dreger there are conflicting opinions.

So who do we believe?
How bout neither. Since they are both reporters and neither is involved in trade talks or contract talks.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:16 AM
  #55
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post
So Dreger says only two or three teams are interested and he absolutely will not re-sign, Lebrun says 5 teams are seriously interested, Kypreos says Kaberle wants to re-sign. Who do we believe?

In a perfect world, Kaberle signs long term around the same amount of money. Let's face it Leafs fans, whatever value he brings will more than likely be underpayment. It makes no sense to trade him for a second and a mid-level prospect, the odds of anything less than an established roster player making the NHL and being as effective as him are slim. Let's hope Kypreos is right and TKabs sticks around for the rest of his career.
Even at a home town discout he probably gets a 1-1.25 mil raise to 5.25-5.5 mil...unless he signs a Kovalchuk type contract(which Burke dislikes) for 8-9 years.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:17 AM
  #56
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Kypreos: "Kaberle wants to stay with the Leafs"
Why? They've been trying to get rid of him for two years at every chance they got!

Nothing like feeling "needed"...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:19 AM
  #57
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ
 
Megan Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Why? They've been trying to get rid of him for two years at every chance they got!

Nothing like feeling "needed"...
Link? Proof? Anything?

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:20 AM
  #58
Wham City
Registered User
 
Wham City's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Whistler
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,312
vCash: 500
Kaberle will outlast Burke and Wilson. Book it.

Wham City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:20 AM
  #59
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed14 View Post
Truth is, management has NOT been trying to trade him. In fact, it has been very much the opposite. It has been the fans who have been trying to trade him and not because of poor play but because he is the player that may yield the highest return. Most true and smart fans do not want him to go at all. He would realistically be the 2nd last Dman we move from our starting lineup (Schenn being the very last).

We leaf fans ask for an overpayment for him because we don't want him to go. He will sign an extension before the draft and stay in town, especially if the rumours around Komi garnering interest are true. Beauch and Komi go this season, Kabby stays with Schenn, and we begin to reach into the farm for our impressive youngsters. We want Kabby here to help bring along Blacker who will hopefully effectively fill his role in 3yrs time or so.


TL;DR: Kabby has only been in the rumour mill because of T.O media and fans, management has never been in any serious rush to move him and has always said it would take a "blow your mind" type of offer.
Wrong. Fans don't trade players.

Fans don't strip them of there 'A'.

Fans don't publically state the window of opportunity in a players contract for other GMs.

Fans don't highlight they have not got an offer worth considering, or they have got a couple 'hits'.

I like Kaberle, want him to stay, but Brian Burke tried to trade him last summer and he tried hard.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:21 AM
  #60
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy_Eyez View Post
Kaberle will outlast Burke and Wilson. Book it.
In a perfect world.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:21 AM
  #61
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,040
vCash: 500
i'm not disputing the actual statement, but I don't believe a word that Kypreos\Watters say. They're clowns.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:22 AM
  #62
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
The man himself? He's constantly maintained that he wants to stay, and the only time he's agreed to waive his NTC is when he thought that being traded was a forgone conclusion, in which case it's better to control your destination.
If you don't waive your NTC, being traded is never a foregone conclusion... cause you know... if you don't waive it you kinda can't be traded.

The acronym stands for No Trade Clause.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:30 AM
  #63
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
Link? Proof? Anything?
Unless you were living under a rock for the last two years, you know what I'm talking about. Search this very forum and you'll find plenty of reports, including quotes from Burke and Kaberle.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:36 AM
  #64
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ
 
Megan Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Unless you were living under a rock for the last two years, you know what I'm talking about. Search this very forum and you'll find plenty of reports, including quotes from Burke and Kaberle.
So you have nothing?

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:44 AM
  #65
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
In a perfect world, Kaberle gets traded, picks and players back to Leafs. Leafs sign Kaberle again in the offseason...just like people said Ryan Smyth would with Edmon....oh wait....

So many conflicting reports, I'll be happy when "the trade" is finally over and Boston finally picks the damn 2011 1st, and when Kaberle signs long term or gets traded, I wonder what Leafs fans will have to talk about then.
Yes, and in a perfect world my wife would finally give in to having a foursome with all her hottest friends and me for a weekend.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:45 AM
  #66
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,335
vCash: 500
Kypreos is a Leaf apologist. He doesn't have the same info he had a couple of years ago.

Also, why wouldn't the Leafs want to trade Kaberle? A rebuilding team should get all the young assets they can get and not hold on to a Kaberle that's getting up there in age and won't be around when the Leafs can compete.

So, he gets traded? Great, that's more young assets to the Leafs which they really need.

He doesn't? Ok, either he walks for nothing in the summer or,

He stays? Congratulations? A rather old Kaberle who just sits and eats up cap-space until he retires? (Obviously he'll contribute points but you're not getting the cup if he's a cornerstone on the team)

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:50 AM
  #67
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
You might want to find the Darren Dreger interview on the Waters show, this past Monday.

I don't know how much clearer DD can state it, he says we better get something for him at the TD because he(Tomas) will not be resigning here in July. Waters and Brian did not even flinch at this news, hell they did not even question him on it.

Sounds to me like this is old news for those that get some inside ears , the boys on HCAN have been saying the same thing for a few weeks now.

So what is one to think? They strip him of his A , there has been no confirmations of even contract talks , he does not fit into the teams age line as what the team has been building and we have more than one outlet , neither of them connected with each other , trying to tell us (brace yourselves , there won't be a signed contract this summer) , is the problem in Kabers camp or Burkes ? who knows, but the result is the same.


Check near the 7.10 left in the interview clock.
You mean the same DD that said Kaberle would be moved at the deadline the last 2 years in a row? Dregger is good at what he does, but he has been wrong before. Especailly when both Burke and Kaberle both said they want to remain a Leaf. Too many conflicting stories here. The Leafs are better with Kaberle than without, and a replacement would be very expensive if available. Kaberle said he wants to stay, Burke said he won't ask him to lift the NTC, i'll take it from the horses mouth.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:10 AM
  #68
GilmourClarkScores
Registered User
 
GilmourClarkScores's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
1) If he's traded for a pick and a prospect - fine. We got something for him.
2) If he resigns - fine. We like having a player of his calibre on our team.
3) If he walks July 1st- fine. Hello cap space.

Whatever happens Leaf Nation looks at the bright side and moves on. Mmmk?

GilmourClarkScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:35 AM
  #69
Darylman
Registered User
 
Darylman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,646
vCash: 500
I actually believe Kipper here. He generally talks to players while Dreger/Mac talk to Management, which are really two different things. Dreger is a known shill for driving up the price of players and Mac certainly speculates a lot.

Darylman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:36 AM
  #70
ranold26
Get off my rink!
 
ranold26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,282
vCash: 500

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:36 AM
  #71
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
It's just something players say for gods sake. It's your typical interview hogwash information. "Yeah I love Toronto I want to keep playing here".

What you want him to do pull a Dany Heatley? "**** Toronto playing here sucks Burke is an ******* and Wilson is the worst coach ever, I want a trade and I have an NTC and will only waive to teams I like".

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:39 AM
  #72
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,920
vCash: 500
He's been a Leaf forever and the Leafs have played relatively well of late despite a few bumps in the road (Sabres game), he'll probably stay. But the drama will keep on as usual.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:49 AM
  #73
Vexxed14
Registered User
 
Vexxed14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Barrie, Ont
Posts: 4,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Wrong. Fans don't trade players.

Fans don't strip them of there 'A'.

Fans don't publically state the window of opportunity in a players contract for other GMs.

Fans don't highlight they have not got an offer worth considering, or they have got a couple 'hits'.

I like Kaberle, want him to stay, but Brian Burke tried to trade him last summer and he tried hard.

That's what I said, fans don't trade players.

C's and A's change all the time, it's not that big of a deal. This team needed a change of face, maybe he took it personal, maybe not. Doesn't seem like he did to me. He's not a selfish type of player.

Kaberle has a NTC, he does not want to move. At the deadline he provided a shortlist of 'maybe' teams. Burke has said all along that the defensmen is staying home for anything but vast overpayment. Which in hockey talk means, no deal.

It is forum goers like yourself which spur these types of things. Moving Kaberle has not been a major part of the Leafs plans, no matter what you may think. Every GM listens to offers but when you really wanna move something, you move it. The team has had good offers for him. Offers that would have been taken if the leafs were actively shopping him.

This whole fiasco is a media creation. Nobody is an untouchable but Burkie would rather keep him than lose him.

Vexxed14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:03 AM
  #74
noway
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Guelph, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
He likes losing habitually.
It's not just about winning and losing. Lots of us work in companies that are not the best in North America at what they do. That doesn't mean we should quit and call Mike the Mover and truck on down to California just to work for a winning company. It's also about culture, schools, friends, loyalty, preferred citizenship, the weather and many other things.

noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:12 AM
  #75
barilko05
Registered User
 
barilko05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectraljulian View Post
If I were Kaberle I'd tell Burke "trade me right ****ing now"

I'd be tired of the constant speculation and rumors and near trades and stuff.
"Trade me right ****ing now. Now hang up"

SLAM
Ring Ring

" 'allo?|

barilko05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.