HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal @ Boston 7PM EST RDS (HD), TSN (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2011, 07:25 AM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
Today, we face the villain of Villains!

We face the Bruin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL.com
The Bruin is a big kid - he's curious, adventurous and often finds himself with a ferocious hunger. That being said, few are happier or more mild natured than the Bruin when his belly is full. Although the Bruin gives off a blue collar vibe, he is one of the well-educated Guardians. This fact is attributable to the Boston area being home to over 100 institutions of higher learning including the oldest University in the United States. The Bruin is incredibly fast, has an uncanny sense of smell and is able to track things from miles away.

He is the resident early alarm system for the Guardians as he can literally smell trouble coming. He's an excellent interrogator because he can tell if someone is lying just by smelling them and he has a roar that can freeze his opponents with fear.
Go Canadien, show who's boss!

Old
02-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Tuggy

Bad feeling for tonight. The Bruins are due against us.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Davebo
Le Gros Bill

There's the 'ruins problem - their 'guardian' character is wearing a basketball uniform. That might explain their troubles against us...

Old
02-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Santino

Price with the shutout, book it. Mtl wins 2-0!!

Old
02-09-2011, 08:51 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
Price with the shutout, book it. Mtl wins 2-0!!
Jinxer

Old
02-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
Jinxer
lol...what and see

Old
02-09-2011, 09:08 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Today, we face the villain of Villains!

We face the Bruin!

Go Canadien, show who's boss!
I guess the habs don't have a scent

Old
02-09-2011, 09:21 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
All signs point to Tim Thomas in net tomorrow.

Also, Jordan Caron has also been recalled so there is a strong possibility that Tyler Seguin will be joining Mark Stuart and Dan Paille in the press box and Caron will be on the 4th line with Campbell and Thornton.

Hoping for a great game. Not going to have a voice Thursday!
Are players that are suspended for four games for "attempt to behead" allowed in the pressbox?

Seguins out, Caron's in.

PUMPED to see Max Pacioretty play tonight. Just saying.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:24 AM
PricePkPatch

Weeeee! Wiz in, Savard out!

Anybody got news regarding Camellari?

Old
02-09-2011, 09:31 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Weeeee! Wiz in, Savard out!

Anybody got news regarding Camellari?
Even as a fan of another team, this is not something you should be overly excited for.

Its a sad situation for the guy.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:41 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
Even as a fan of another team, this is not something you should be overly excited for.

I already posted my grief for the situation on the main board. I think it's a terrible thing that happened to him, and I feel really sorry for it will hurt the Bruins badly.. and I happen to like the Bruins. I hate Begin for what he started with Savard, and I hate Cooke for what he finished. There is nothing that disgust me more than a player potentially ending the career of another.

HOWEVER, right here, right now, we are gonna play you. There shall be no pity until the final horn occured, and that means being relieved you are missing one of your key player.

Don't go quote me on the Bruins board saying "classless Habs fan".

Old
02-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:

that's great, but maybe you should be placing your moral posts among the troglodytes on your own board. of all the fan bases that post at HF i have never read more disgusting, disrespectful posts than from from the Bruins board. Where to start? from sincerely wishing hab players getting injured, to insulting (and wishing they died) old retired habs before the centennial game, to racist comments about francophone hab players and fans i've read them all and then some. that's not something you should be overly excited for

Old
WeezyHabFan

Winner gets Kaberle!!!!!!!!!! Lets do this!!!!!

Old
Tuggy

Quote:
I already posted my grief for the situation on the main board. I think it's a terrible thing that happened to him, and I feel really sorry for it will hurt the Bruins badly.. and I happen to like the Bruins.
That's just wrong.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:44 AM
NHLcrazy

Huge game...

Go Habs Go!

Old
02-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Classified

Have night class and then need to go to the library to study, won't see any of it, hopefully I'll be home to see the 60 minute game on RDS.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:54 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
I already posted my grief for the situation on the main board. I think it's a terrible thing that happened to him, and I feel really sorry for it will hurt the Bruins badly.. and I happen to like the Bruins. I hate Begin for what he started with Savard, and I hate Cooke for what he finished. There is nothing that disgust me more than a player potentially ending the career of another.

HOWEVER, right here, right now, we are gonna play you. There shall be no pity until the final horn occured, and that means being relieved you are missing one of your key player.

Don't go quote me on the Bruins board saying "classless Habs fan".
I wouldn't do such a thing. I came here to post about Seguin not playing, and my excitement over seeing Max Paccioretty tonight. I happened to catch this post and perhaps took it the wrong way. Fair thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
that's great, but maybe you should be placing your moral posts among the troglodytes on your own board. of all the fan bases that post at HF i have never read more disgusting, disrespectful posts than from from the Bruins board. Where to start? from sincerely wishing hab players getting injured, to insulting (and wishing they died) old retired habs before the centennial game, to racist comments about francophone hab players and fans i've read them all and then some. that's not something you should be overly excited for
I agree. There are a lot of people who partake or encourage that kind of behavior. I am not one of them. I never have been. The only player I have ever spoken a negative thing about in a post was Jody Shelley after he injured my favorite player on an icing call. As I said before, I came on your board to post information about our line up and compliment one of your players that I happen to enjoy.

I was not trolling or being rude in anyway. And even on the Savvy comment, I feel I was not out of line for suggesting the person not be excited. He or she has since explained the intent of their post.

Thank you for including me in the "all Boston fans are rude and ignorant" stereotype. I feel I am pretty fair to most NHL club because I am a hockey fan before I am a particular team's fan.

Good luck to you all. Please, no injuries.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:55 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
That's just wrong.
Why?

I grew to like them because I like us beating them. Eventually, I started to appreciate what a great team they are, and how psychology turn our players into stars when playing against the Bs.

You will never see me root for the Bruins over the Habs (NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRR), but if I had to pick a 2nd team, it's the Bruins.

Boston is also the US city I'd love the most to move in if I had the choice.

(Please, don't quote that post if we ever face Boston in playoffs, for I will hate this city with pure rage during these 2 weeks )

Old
02-09-2011, 09:58 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
I wouldn't do such a thing. I came here to post about Seguin not playing, and my excitement over seeing Max Paccioretty tonight. I happened to catch this post and perhaps took it the wrong way. Fair thoughts.

I agree. There are a lot of people who partake or encourage that kind of behavior. I am not one of them. I never have been. The only player I have ever spoken a negative thing about in a post was Jody Shelley after he injured my favorite player on an icing call. As I said before, I came on your board to post information about our line up and compliment one of your players that I happen to enjoy.

I was not trolling or being rude in anyway. And even on the Savvy comment, I feel I was not out of line for suggesting the person not be excited. He or she has since explained the intent of their post.

Thank you for including me in teh "all Boston fans are rude and ignorant" stereotype. I feel I am pretty fair to most NHL club because I am a hockey fan before I am a particular team's fan.

He's a He

And he likes you posting here. You were actually polite when you called me out, and it was something legitimate thing to say.

Don't pay attention too much to those overly aggressive on this board. We have our own troglodytes.

Agreed. No injuries! Let's have a good hockey match, and let's be friends even after our Habs crush your teddy bears!!!

Old
02-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:

Thank you for including me in the "all Boston fans are rude and ignorant" stereotype. I feel I am pretty fair to most NHL club because I am a hockey fan before I am a particular team's fan.

You can post here anytime, thanks for the info regarding Seguin, really can't believe they would scratch him.

Anyways good luck for tonight's game and yes no injuries

Go Habs Go

Old
02-09-2011, 10:10 AM
OpenIceHit

I wish they play Pouliot on the second instead of Eller. Go Habs

Old
02-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Well maybe you should start reporting some of them, so that we can start to eliminate some of that crap. Whining about it here does no good.

Great work on the GDT Harry & MIG

Old
02-09-2011, 10:19 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
You can post here anytime, thanks for the info regarding Seguin, really can't believe they would scratch him.

Anyways good luck for tonight's game and yes no injuries

Go Habs Go
It is time for Seguin to sit a game. He is just not producing for us. In his last 5 games he has 1 goal 0 assists. Other than that one goal, he only appears in the Play by Play as getting hit, missing the net, and giveaways.

I believe having Caron up here will help Seguins game. When the B's signed McGrattan, Thornton was on fire, most likely because he didn't want to lose his spot.

Now, with Jordan Caron up, its an extra player Seguin has to compete with that is relatively the same age and at the same stage in development.

As for the person I said "he or she" for- I only do it because I know how it feels to have everyone assume you are a guy. Im a bit cautious of it because I get sick of people calling me "bro", "dude" and "man."

Old
02-09-2011, 10:21 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
As for the person I said "he or she" for- I only do it because I know how it feels to have everyone assume you are a guy. Im a bit cautious of it because I get sick of people calling me "bro", "dude" and "man."
Dude, you are a girl?!

(just joking )

Old
02-09-2011, 10:40 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Dude, you are a girl?!

(just joking )
I get called "dude" way too often

Closed Thread