HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bogosian/Seabrook offered for top 4 picks?

Old
02-09-2011, 12:33 AM
gsharpe

vCash: 500
Bogosian/Seabrook offered for top 4 picks?

Just seeing the recent rumours and trying to put two and two together.

Edmonton is rumoured with both Bogosian and Seabrook from fairly reliable sources.

Bruins have received an "intriguing" offer for the Tor 1st. Bruins could use some help on the blueline and have cap space. Especially if Savard is out for life.

Both Atlanta and Chicago could use any of the top 4 players in this years draft.

/Canucks offer a 1st and Schneider for either.

gsharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 12:50 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Boston? No way. They've got no cap space, 3 incredible centers with concussion history. They're drafting the best d-man available. They might get paid to move down a few spots, but they're drafting a d-man IMO>

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 12:51 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

I hope that if Larsson is off the board and the Islanders have the 3rd/4th overall pick, they trade it for Bogosian, Seabrook, or EJ.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
You know if Bogosian and Seabrook were moved it actually would probably make some sense for Hawks and Thrashers too hook up again in trade

Bogosian + Thrashers 1st in 2011 for Seabrook

Thrashers get a shutdown dman who is young but proven ,, Hawks get a young dman in need of change of scenery + another asset for reload

Dudley is said to be working phones desperately and the Thrashers are in free fall

For Hawks it would be bitter pill to sell fans but they could always say they couldn't afford Seabrook longterm and got young assets for reload + free cap room for free agency

We have seen Hawks loading up on young defensive prospects in recent years so maybe they have been planning for possibility that Seabrook would want too much $$$ and we couldn't afford him longterm

Nick Leddy (1st round 2009 draft) (Trade with Wild) is currenly on NHL roster

Dylan Olsen (1st round 2009 draft)
Ivan Vishnevskiy (1st round 2006 draft) (Trade with Thrashers)
Shawn Lalonde (3rd round 2008 draft)

All 3 are in Rockford

Stephen Johns and Justin Holl were both picked in 2nd round of 2010 draft ,, Adding another young dman such as Bogosian to go with Keith , Campbell and Hjalmarsson and 1 or 2 of those dman would make some sense

Not saying I support trading Seabs or want Bogosian but I think this makes some sense in my head

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 04:37 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharpe View Post
Just seeing the recent rumours and trying to put two and two together.

Edmonton is rumoured with both Bogosian and Seabrook from fairly reliable sources.

Bruins have received an "intriguing" offer for the Tor 1st. Bruins could use some help on the blueline and have cap space. Especially if Savard is out for life.

Both Atlanta and Chicago could use any of the top 4 players in this years draft.

/Canucks offer a 1st and Schneider for either.
Snow wanted Bogo on draft day,but couldn't land him.

Unless the isles scouts have fallen hard for a particular prospect,I expect Snow will be shopping his first rounder this yr for Bogo.At 20,he'd fit right into the youth movement,has a high ceiling and has a few more yrs development then the 2011 prospects.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 04:48 AM
Sharksfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
You know if Bogosian and Seabrook were moved it actually would probably make some sense for Hawks and Thrashers too hook up again in trade

Adding a first seems steep for a generally sideways movement. Bogosian is still a VERY VERY good dman and prospect

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:00 AM
Cooperalls
Oiler Fan!!!

It's my opinion that at least Atlanta would be looking for legit NHLers in return. They're in the playoff hunt, and they're looking to win. This year. The fan base needs something to go on. Selling for draft picks is only going to help the people of Winnipeg. The city of Atlanta needs to see some success and soon.

And as for Chicago, I could see rentals to get them over the hump and in the west's top 8.

I just don't see Edmonton (one of the rumored teams) giving up their obviously high pick. It's possible I'm wrong though.

Cooperalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:15 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:

Thrashers get a shutdown dman who is young but proven ,, Hawks get a young dman in need of change of scenery + another asset for reload

Dudley is said to be working phones desperately and the Thrashers are in free fall

For Hawks it would be bitter pill to sell fans but they could always say they couldn't afford Seabrook longterm and got young assets for reload + free cap room for free agency

We have seen Hawks loading up on young defensive prospects in recent years so maybe they have been planning for possibility that Seabrook would want too much $$$ and we couldn't afford him longterm

All 3 are in Rockford

Stephen Johns and Justin Holl were both picked in 2nd round of 2010 draft ,, Adding another young dman such as Bogosian to go with Keith , Campbell and Hjalmarsson and 1 or 2 of those dman would make some sense

Not saying I support trading Seabs or want Bogosian but I think this makes some sense in my head
That is stacking in Black Hawks favour. They might trade Bogosian for Seabrooke even up, no way includes a first round pick with it. Be closer the other way, Hawks include a #1 pick. Given Bogosian's upside.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Boston? No way. They've got no cap space, 3 incredible centers with concussion history. They're drafting the best d-man available. They might get paid to move down a few spots, but they're drafting a d-man IMO>
Sure they have cap room to add a player now that Savard is on LTIR. If they could get a Seabrook or Bogosian for that Tor pick, they most certainly will.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 06:06 AM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
i dont see either player being dealt for a pick considering their situations and goals for the season. If chicago gets nothing but DP for Seabrook they are out before the playoffs even start... they likely dont even make the playoffs. ATL i can see being as good off without BOGO as with him if they were healthy... so they could deal for a DP and not lose on the present.

In the end both teams are looking for assets to use now... the Seabrook trade would definently require a significant asset coming back.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 06:14 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
That is stacking in Black Hawks favour. They might trade Bogosian for Seabrooke even up, no way includes a first round pick with it. Be closer the other way, Hawks include a #1 pick. Given Bogosian's upside.
You can't be serious.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post

Strongly disagree. There have been a ton of guys who were highly drafted and had "upside" that never made it in the NHL. Seabrook is already a #1 d-man (can play 25 minutes a night in any situation on a play-off team), and is only 25 YO. The small chance that Bogosian turns out better than Seabrook is RIGHT NOW (which would mean ZB becomes a franchise d-man and consistent Norris candidate), isn't worth the certainty of having a guy who has proven what he can contribute.

And I'm a big ZB fan. I just think that Seabrook has signficantly higher trade value right now.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Strongly disagree. There have been a ton of guys who were highly drafted and had "upside" that never made it in the NHL. Seabrook is already a #1 d-man (can play 25 minutes a night in any situation on a play-off team), and is only 25 YO. The small chance that Bogosian turns out better than Seabrook is RIGHT NOW (which would mean ZB becomes a franchise d-man and consistent Norris candidate), isn't worth the certainty of having a guy who has proven what he can contribute.

And I'm a big ZB fan. I just think that Seabrook has signficantly higher trade value right now.
Seabrook maybe better but Bogosian is already pretty good and also plays over 22mins\night. Bogosian is younger and cheaper and is not far away from being a top pairing D. To a team pushing for playoffs and a lot of cap room Seabrook would hold more value but to a team like the Islanders, Oilers and even the Hawks (cap concious) Bogo fits in better then Seabrook.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:38 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if they are chasing after our 1st, they'd probably better look elsewhere. We are rebuilding and that pick is not on the table.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Well if they are chasing after our 1st, they'd probably better look elsewhere. We are rebuilding and that pick is not on the table.
both teams are looking to make the playoffs this year. OP's logic is flawed. A top 4 pick is not the traget. It will be a young cheap scorer who can help get them to the playoffs + a Dman or a pick

Old
02-09-2011, 10:45 AM
HawksTillDeath

i highly doubt seabrook for a top pick

why woudl the hawks do that? with bonus' the top draft pick will have a cap hit of what? say 3.75 or so..

so its not exactly a salary cap saving move is it

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

I can't see Atlanta trying to build a fan base by 'selling hope' like the Oilers do. If Bogosian is traded, it's for an overkill of assets, right now.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:46 AM
dubey
Outrage Hobbyist

I think Atlanta would be stupid to trade Bogosian so early, unless it's a ridiculous return. He has a ton of potential. I wouldn't trade him for anyone in this draft.

That being said it is possible due to the team struggling both financially and in the standings. Wouldn't be surprised if they go for the quick fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Thanks for the input Edmonton GM

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:47 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
I can't see Atlanta trying to build a fan base by 'selling hope' like the Oilers do. If Bogosian is traded, it's for an overkill of assets, right now.
Came in to post this. Picks will sweeten any deal, but Atlanta needs ready players.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:

All 3 are in Rockford

You do know that Seabrook is a 1 year away from UFA, right ? He can sign one deal, then bolt. Bogosian + 1st for 1 year of Seabrook is a rip off. HUGE overpayment.

Hell, Montréal will sign Markov to a 1 year deal, then trade him to Atlanta for Bogosian and a 1st.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Juice

Seabrook is not available. Dreger absolutely crushed the rumors this morning on Neilson and Chase on The Team 1260.

Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Paralyzer
The Oilers Awaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
Seabrook is not available. Dreger absolutely crushed the rumors this morning on Neilson and Chase on The Team 1260.
How do you know that's Dreger? Maybe it's Eklund trying to play you for a sucker

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
So is Dreger working for the Hawks now? All he can 'crush' are Seabrook to EDM rumors but to claim he will not be traded is incorrect.
Like the good ol Ted said, everybodys got a price !!

Old
02-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Oilers View Post
How do you know that's Dreger? Maybe it's Eklund trying to play you for a sucker
Ya I'm quite sure if it was Eklund he would of been like Seabrook to the oilers for Cogliano Hemsky, Gagner, Joey Moss and 2 First round draft picks, and squealed in his weaselly voice "E5 E5 E5!" I actually haven't ever heard him speak but I'm sure its like a weasel. Look at the guy!

Old
02-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
So is Dreger working for the Hawks now? All he can 'crush' are Seabrook to EDM rumors but to claim he will not be traded is incorrect.
Like the good ol Ted said, everybodys got a price !!
Ya he said he asked the Hawks on MANY occasions and they said the same thing every time. He is not available. He is too valuable to their team.