HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal @ Boston 7PM EST RDS (HD), TSN (HD)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2011, 10:50 AM
  #76
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
too bad women don't work like that
Sorry CAP, Gotta find the right one!

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 10:51 AM
  #77
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,584
vCash: 500
Tim Thomas is indeed our goalie tonight.

Seguin hasn't been stellar as of late, he's almost afraid of the puck. We don't have the option to send him to the AHL and it's not certain the Bruins will use the loophole the Kings found and send him down as a conditioning stint.

By watching a few games with Doug Jarvis, Tyler can watch and see the areas he needs to work on. The last time he sat, he came out hitting and firing on all cylinders. Just a little speed bump.

Looking forward to seeing Max, Gionta and Gomez. Hal will be booed mercilessly unfortunately:/

Here's to a good game!

BTW, I feel LW and Devil's pain about being called a dude and then watching people's reaction. For all you males, it would be nice to find a guy that respects our knowledge of the game but that's a whole topic for an OT thread.

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 10:52 AM
  #78
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Sorry, could have used another word. I know you weren't serious but the ones reading it don't always get it and report it
They must work for QMI.

waffledave is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 10:53 AM
  #79
Ross MacLochness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
It still came across as someone who was calling for the death of a player just because he's not as good as he used to be.
Well, then you misunderstood it on two levels.

I have nothing but respect for him, but he's been a thorn in our side now for years, and he's like 40-something. As a habs fan its getting annoying thats all.

Ross MacLochness is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 10:55 AM
  #80
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
Weeeee! Wiz in, Savard out!


Anybody got news regarding Camellari?
Would be nice if Savard was out with a cold, but he's out with a concussion. His career very well could be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
Was this last game? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow1cw...eature=related

Oh man! Can't wait!!!

And Gomez going at Chara and yapping when the refs are in between...
Yes it was at the end of last game.

Let's go habs! I got a back up for us... If you know what I mean. Well, H10H will remember... Maybe.

Wiz will get one.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 10:57 AM
  #81
samsquanch9*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Would be nice if Savard was out with a cold, but he's out with a concussion. His career very well could be done.



Yes it was at the end of last game.

Let's go habs! I got a back up for us... If you know what I mean. Well, H10H will remember... Maybe.

Wiz will get one.
Haha I remember.

samsquanch9* is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 10:59 AM
  #82
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,126
vCash: 500
Bruins are still strong without Savard. It's just too bad we don't have Cammy for this one.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 10:59 AM
  #83
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
You're way too cool to be a female Bruins fan
Thank you? Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Recchi is like wine, gets better with age
This is funny! I said this months ago on a radio show and the host loved it! So for his birthday last week we made tshirts that says "Like a fine wine" and the back nameplate says "Better with age" with 28 underneath.

Seguins birthday (19) was the day before. So we also made a poster that said "Happy Birthday Young Stud! (OH, and Tyler too.)"

The players got a kick out of it at the glass at warm ups.

LoneWolf54 is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 10:59 AM
  #84
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Looking forward to seeing Max, Gionta and Gomez. Hal will be booed mercilessly unfortunately:/

Here's to a good game!

BTW, I feel LW and Devil's pain about being called a dude and then watching people's reaction. For all you males, it would be nice to find a guy that respects our knowledge of the game but that's a whole topic for an OT thread.
Why? What has Hal done to deserve to be booed? 'cause he played for you a long time ago?

And about the end of your post, while I agree that some stupid people always assume everybody is a guy (it happens even to me when I don't think about it), the overwhelming majority of guy registered and posting makes it just more likely we are adressing a guy when we talk to somebody we don't know. It's not necessarely out of disrespect or anything.. just probability.

Maybe if there was a subtle logo near the nicknames to make the difference between boys and girls, so that when you are wondering/paying attention, you could make it out?

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:01 AM
  #85
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
Why? What has Hal done to deserve to be booed? 'cause he played for you a long time ago?

And about the end of your post, while I agree that some stupid people always assume everybody is a guy (it happens even to me when I don't think about it), the overwhelming majority of guy registered and posting makes it just more likely we are adressing a guy when we talk to somebody we don't know. It's not necessarely out of disrespect or anything.. just probability.

Maybe if there was a subtle logo near the nicknames to make the difference between boys and girls, so that when you are wondering/paying attention, you could make it out?
Like the bathroom logos? A stick figure for guys, and a triangle stick figure for girls?

LoneWolf54 is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:04 AM
  #86
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Sorry CAP, Gotta find the right one!
Oh I did... and she's still young, and younger than me

But like hockey players, they have a prime and once they approach retirement they usually end up looking....... older

coolasprICE is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:05 AM
  #87
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,294
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Well, then you misunderstood it on two levels.

I have nothing but respect for him, but he's been a thorn in our side now for years, and he's like 40-something. As a habs fan its getting annoying thats all.
I understood you.


Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:10 AM
  #88
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Tim Thomas is indeed our goalie tonight.

Seguin hasn't been stellar as of late, he's almost afraid of the puck. We don't have the option to send him to the AHL and it's not certain the Bruins will use the loophole the Kings found and send him down as a conditioning stint.

By watching a few games with Doug Jarvis, Tyler can watch and see the areas he needs to work on. The last time he sat, he came out hitting and firing on all cylinders. Just a little speed bump.

Looking forward to seeing Max, Gionta and Gomez. Hal will be booed mercilessly unfortunately:/

Here's to a good game!
I'm sure Tyler will be alright with those coaches ( Julien and Jarvis)

We are excited about Patches as well, not so much for Gomez

Hopefully it's a great game

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:11 AM
  #89
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
Like the bathroom logos? A stick figure for guys, and a triangle stick figure for girls?
Too obvious. I guess the Mars/Venus symbols are also too obvious. I'd like something more subtle, that isn't there to stare in our face.

'cause you are right, some people sadly don't take women talking hockey seriously, and if there is a big bright flashing sign saying "THIS IS A WOMAN", girls might have trouble getting their point across on these boards.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:17 AM
  #90
Moen in Glory
@MoeninGlory
 
Moen in Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
Like the bathroom logos? A stick figure for guys, and a triangle stick figure for girls?
Or uniforms:


Moen in Glory is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:19 AM
  #91
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
Whats that supposed to mean? Lol
Geez, female Bruins fan in Boston? I have been living here for 3 years and have yet to meet one. Are you all hiding under a Ellsbury or Brady shirt...?

Hehe, j/k about the shirts (just seems to be the one sport thing I always see women wear), but I really didn't meet any women that were hockey fan, though I don't doubt there is...

Good luck tonight, but you know how Thomas will decide to do a spinorama while a Habs take a shot for the winning goal, he always manages to screw up against us...

Patccmoi is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:21 AM
  #92
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Recchi is like wine, gets better with age
Indeed. Sort of like the Melvins, too.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:22 AM
  #93
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Geez, female Bruins fan in Boston? I have been living here for 3 years and have yet to meet one. Are you all hiding under a Ellsbury or Brady shirt...?
Hehe, j/k about the shirts (just seems to be the one sport thing I always see women wear), but I really didn't meet any women that were hockey fan, though I don't doubt there is...

Good luck tonight, but you know how Thomas will decide to do a spinorama while a Habs take a shot for the winning goal, he always manages to screw up against us...
I wear a McQuaid Sudbury OHL jersey to every game.

I truly believe that if youre shirt says "brady" or "Ellsbury" or "Lucic" in Boston, you probably aren't a legit fan of anything. Those are the easiest to find.

McQuaid, however, original.

Are you going to the game tonight?

LoneWolf54 is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:29 AM
  #94
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Geez, female Bruins fan in Boston? I have been living here for 3 years and have yet to meet one. Are you all hiding under a Ellsbury or Brady shirt...?

Hehe, j/k about the shirts (just seems to be the one sport thing I always see women wear), but I really didn't meet any women that were hockey fan, though I don't doubt there is...

Good luck tonight, but you know how Thomas will decide to do a spinorama while a Habs take a shot for the winning goal, he always manages to screw up against us...
I wear a Campbell jersey and my Sox tshirt of choice is Marco Scutaro

I agree with Wolfie on wearing jerseys like Ells, Brady, Looch, Seguin.

Alicat is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:30 AM
  #95
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
It's funny the one female from Boston I know is a big time B's fan and doesn't watch other sports. I met her through WoW too so it's not like it was on a hockey forum.

I'm always giving her a hard time about Boston, like when they were up 3-0 against Philly and I told her they'd still choke! (lol)

I was really totally kidding when I said it, who honestly would have thought Philly would come back and win 4 straight

neofury* is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:38 AM
  #96
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
I wear a McQuaid Sudbury OHL jersey to every game.

I truly believe that if youre shirt says "brady" or "Ellsbury" or "Lucic" in Boston, you probably aren't a legit fan of anything. Those are the easiest to find.

McQuaid, however, original.

Are you going to the game tonight?
Sadly not, I live alone with my son here and haven't had much time to go to games lately. I'm trying to keep a look-out for cheap tickets against underrated teams to bring him, like Tampa Bay had some good center ice tickets at 20$ on Stubhub last time they were in (sadly couldn't make it either!). I'm worried about going to see a Habs game in Boston though, first time I went was when Lucic destroyed Komisarek in a 6-1 loss (for the Habs ofc) and since I went there with a bunch of Bruins fans I sure heard a lot about it (there was some women in there, but they were more of the 'why did the referee whistle?' type)!

I'll keep a look-out for a McQuaid or Campbell shirt though! And ya, the trend about Lucic, Ellsbury or Brady seems quite right.

Patccmoi is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:42 AM
  #97
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Sadly not, I live alone with my son here and haven't had much time to go to games lately. I'm trying to keep a look-out for cheap tickets against underrated teams to bring him, like Tampa Bay had some good center ice tickets at 20$ on Stubhub last time they were in (sadly couldn't make it either!). I'm worried about going to see a Habs game in Boston though, first time I went was when Lucic destroyed Komisarek in a 6-1 loss (for the Habs ofc) and since I went there with a bunch of Bruins fans I sure heard a lot about it (there was some women in there, but they were more of the 'why did the referee whistle?' type)!

I'll keep a look-out for a McQuaid or Campbell shirt though! And ya, the trend about Lucic, Ellsbury or Brady seems quite right.
If you see one, the other is either next to or not too far behind Hope you get to go to a game soon!

Alicat is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:43 AM
  #98
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,095
vCash: 50
super gdt by all those invovled!
huge game tonight
reg wins puts the Habs 1st in the NE!

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:45 AM
  #99
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
I wear a Campbell jersey and my Sox tshirt of choice is Marco Scutaro

I agree with Wolfie on wearing jerseys like Ells, Brady, Looch, Seguin.
Stop trying to steal my new montreal friends, Al. Gosh. Oh, and Aly, guess which one of our group is meeting the Montreal roster tonighttttt!! THIS ONE.

Haha. See you tonight chicky....you rocking Campbell? Im wearing Paille at the Glass and will put McQuaid on at my seat, as per tradition.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Sadly not, I live alone with my son here and haven't had much time to go to games lately. I'm trying to keep a look-out for cheap tickets against underrated teams to bring him, like Tampa Bay had some good center ice tickets at 20$ on Stubhub last time they were in (sadly couldn't make it either!). I'm worried about going to see a Habs game in Boston though, first time I went was when Lucic destroyed Komisarek in a 6-1 loss (for the Habs ofc) and since I went there with a bunch of Bruins fans I sure heard a lot about it (there was some women in there, but they were more of the 'why did the referee whistle?' type)!

I'll keep a look-out for a McQuaid or Campbell shirt though! And ya, the trend about Lucic, Ellsbury or Brady seems quite right.
Funny that you don't know many female Bruins fans. Aly and I are Both season ticket holders, as are my best friend and sister. All girls. Theres a group of about 6 of us that hang out for all things bruins related.

How old is your son if you don't mind me asking? Like child son or teenage son or what? There is a reason Im asking lol.

LoneWolf54 is offline  
Old
02-09-2011, 11:49 AM
  #100
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
super gdt by all those invovled!
huge game tonight
reg wins puts the Habs 1st in the NE!
Due to wins, but if the habs are to win in regulation, I'd still put Boston 1st in the NE with one game in hand.

Pouliot jersey, or Koivu jersey ?

Analyzer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.