HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seats behind the bench.

Old
02-08-2011, 03:05 PM
dawgintn

vCash: 500
Seats behind the bench.

hi first time post. Just to tell a little bout myself. I live in east Tn bout 20 miles from Knoxville. Big big time sports fan, but never much on hockey. I always make it out to a few knoxville icebears games a year, and love going, but something happen this year I fell in love with hockey. I been watching nhl on tv all year. I have been to way more Ice bears games then I ever been to. Well pretty much became a Predators fan.

Now back to why I posted. Coming up for my first nhl game this month. And wanting to sit as close as I can get. Been looking at stubhub.com for tickets. Found seats first row behind the bench. Sounds cools to be able to see what going on with the players on the bench, but can u see good? Are these seats good to see the action. Also had sec 114 row cc, does the players on the bench get in your view at all? Want low seats, but dont want my view to be blocked.

Thanks for the help

dawgintn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 03:30 PM
melfunction

Welcome to the forum and to hockey fandom

I think what's more obstructive sitting directly behind the bench is not physical objects/people blocking your view, but the sharp angles you have to deal with trying to see what's going on way down at the other end. If you're a little bit higher, you will have a much better view of what's going on all over the ice, and still be close enough to hear all the shouts and hits. I would recommend 5th-15th row of the lower bowl, as opposed to the first 4 rows. But I don't know how Bridgestone is set up, so I'll let someone who's actually been there give you some better advice

melfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 03:40 PM
PredsChik

I've never sat there at home but have sat there twice in STL. It depends on what you want your experience to be. It is REALLY cool, you can hear the players, watch Trotz and the other coaches interact, and depending how vocal you are, they can hear you too* BUT if you are wanting to go to watch the game, I don't recommend them. It's hard to see anything on the shoot twice side or anything in the corners on the bench side. It's an awesome experience but it's not the same as going to watch a game.

*The second time I sat there, Perron slashed Suter and midway through the first, it's almost painfully obvious that he's my favorite and I'm really fangirly over the whole team let alone him, anyway, he limped off the ice and down the tunnel and didn't come back until midway in the second. I was very vocal every time that ****** passed our bench and let him know what a dirty slasher he was, Trotz nodded in agreement.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 03:58 PM
melfunction

That's exactly it. Behind the bench is for people who grew up idolizing the players and are going to really appreciate being just feet away from their heroes/rolemodels/favourite athletes for a few hours. It's a trade-off between how good of a view of the ice you want, and how good of a view of the blood dripping from the orbital bone of a high-stick victim you want.

And maybe a little of how often you want to be on TV

Old
02-08-2011, 04:02 PM
dawgintn

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfunction View Post
Welcome to the forum and to hockey fandom

I think what's more obstructive sitting directly behind the bench is not physical objects/people blocking your view, but the sharp angles you have to deal with trying to see what's going on way down at the other end. If you're a little bit higher, you will have a much better view of what's going on all over the ice, and still be close enough to hear all the shouts and hits. I would recommend 5th-15th row of the lower bowl, as opposed to the first 4 rows. But I don't know how Bridgestone is set up, so I'll let someone who's actually been there give you some better advice
ok that leads to another queston. At bridgestone what is to low? I want to sit as close as I can and still see the game. is row 5 bout as row as u would go? I was all set on row cc which is row 3, but could always move up a few rows

Old
02-08-2011, 04:33 PM
PredsChik

Last night me and my sister started in row LL which is 10-11 rows back and the view was great. I would say anywhere from 5 rows up is going to give a great view of the ice if you are sitting on the sides.

Old
02-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Milly79

Honestly, I had season tickets when I was younger behind the opposing bench on the rail. Like others have said, it's good for certain stuff, but not watching the game. Always good for sticks/pucks, though.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you're younger and/or have kids.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Fo Shea Shea

Have had season tickets 303 row S (the top row of the arena) since 2002 and love it up there. I have passed many times on lower bowl tickets. Sitting down low you get a real feel for the speed and brutality of the game. Sitting up high you can get see the beauty of the game. If sitting on the glass you really can only see what's going on in front of you. If they are at the other end of the ice you can't see and get a sore neck from looking up at the video board. My money is always sitting in the upper bowl.

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:20 PM
deanwormer

I'm with most of the guys; lower part of the lower bowl is great for the sounds of the game and the crashes on the glass with checks and such, but you can get some tough angles to watch the game. 5th row isn't too bad - I sat down there a couple times last year in the corner - bout goal line extended - you still get the up-close of the game but you can see pretty well. It's really the speed to the game that's noticeable down there - and that's probably the only reason I'd sit in the lower bowl, and you need to be closer (down in 5th, 6th, 7th rows) to get that feel.

3rd level is nice to watch the whole flow of the game - it's "slower" from up there and from the sides all the ice is very viewable. I'm partial to the club level myself - the 203/4/5 sections in the corner - good view of most of the ice, shoot twice goal is a little tough to see tho, you're opposite the benches so you can watch the changes and get that flow. Lower rows of the 3rd level shoot twice end - sections 314 - 319 or thereabout - are a really good value, I think, also.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:21 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

You can't beat the view from 315. How can I assure you it's the best view of the game? It's where David Poile himself sits.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 10:48 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
most folks will tell you the best "view" of the whole ice is found higher up in the corners

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:01 AM
melfunction

Maybe the saddledome is set up a bit differently than Bridgestone, but I am so surprised to see all the rave reviews of the third level! Because to be completely honest with you guys, I've actually done the unthinkable and passed up FREE hockey tickets due to my extreme fear of heights.

@dawgintn, yes, row 5 is as low as I'd go, unless (as others have mentioned) you have star-struck kids or yourself care more about being close to the players than actually seeing the game.

Old
02-09-2011, 05:23 AM
AEM6729

In the upper bowl, the best seats are in the first 3 or 4 rows of sections 313-322 in my opinion...those rows are actually the same distance from the ice as the club level, but you still get the fun experience of being in a big section full of hardcore fans (sometimes sitting in the club level I feel weird cheering and getting rowdy for some reason, feels more isolated or something).

In the lower bowl, best seats are on the corners, so you can still see the whole ice. But like everyone else said, the game is MUCH faster from down there...it's harder to see plays develop, but it definitely gives you an appreciation for how big the players are and how fast the game is.

And I bet some of the coolest seats in the arena, which I haven't had a chance to sit in and I'd love to hear stories from anyone that has, are the ones that are actually between the benches. I'd LOVE to sit there and just listen to what goes on on both benches!

So cool that you're coming here for a game! I went to a few Ice Bears games when I went to UT and Preds games are way different...but just as fun!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:11 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
And I bet some of the coolest seats in the arena, which I haven't had a chance to sit in and I'd love to hear stories from anyone that has, are the ones that are actually between the benches. I'd LOVE to sit there and just listen to what goes on on both benches!
I know there's several people that post here that have sat in those seats. I got the awesome pleasure of sitting there for the first period a couple of years ago. Fiddler has a dirty mouth.

and Row A of 333 is my favorite spot in the house.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:31 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I hate the upper seats because of the following:

Big feet

and

Lack of balance.

I have a serious fear of falling back tumbling a good 30ft down to the good seats.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by melfunction View Post
Maybe the saddledome is set up a bit differently than Bridgestone, but I am so surprised to see all the rave reviews of the third level! Because to be completely honest with you guys, I've actually done the unthinkable and passed up FREE hockey tickets due to my extreme fear of heights.
I'm similarly acrophobic, but I've done just fine in the third level at Bridgestone and at the Nat. It's an experience getting to the seat, but once there I'm just fine. Never been to the Saddledome (or the province of Alberta, for that matter), but I might have to look sometime.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 01:23 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I hate the upper seats because of the following:

Big feet

and

Lack of balance.

I have a serious fear of falling back tumbling a good 30ft down to the good seats.

I hate the upper seats but it's not because my feet are big. Those seats were not designed for the full figured gentlemen if you get my drift.

Club level is where it's at.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Dodgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post

I've sat there a couple of times times. (against the Wings and Blues). You don't see much of the actual game unless they're at center ice. You see a lot of the player's backsides. You hear a lot of the player's comments. They're a LOT more candid than they are with the media. And if you choose to make your own comments, you can bet the players can hear you too.
It's not for the faint of heart or easily offended, so if you don't want the kids to hear a lot of "big boy" words I wouldn't recommend it. (Jerred Smithson I'm looking at you). But as a fan, it's still a pretty awesome experience.

Dodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 03:09 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
I hate the upper seats but it's not because my feet are big. Those seats were not designed for the full figured gentlemen if you get my drift.

Club level is where it's at.
It's the curse of maximizing profits. I WAS 300LBS so I sympathize.

That's why I love Gillette Stadium, they purposely made the seats wide.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 04:42 PM
dawgintn

thanks everybody. I beleive for my first nhl game, Im going to sit somewhere between rows 5-10. I want to really get a feel for how big and fast and skill the pros really are.

Old
02-09-2011, 05:31 PM
roseyc

For me the best seat in the house if you want to pony up for the price is to set in one of the suites. I've set there twice and throughly enjoyed the conviences of the settings and the whole idea of facilites right there was one of the treats.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 05:42 PM
melfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I'm similarly acrophobic, but I've done just fine in the third level at Bridgestone and at the Nat. It's an experience getting to the seat, but once there I'm just fine. Never been to the Saddledome (or the province of Alberta, for that matter), but I might have to look sometime.
Do you ever feel that seeing how close you are to the ceiling gives you as bad vertigo as seeing how far you are from the ground? I wonder if that's part of what makes the 300 level so bad here for me, because you look down not only at the ice, but at the rest of the ceiling. See how the third level is actually higher than where the ceiling sits for the length of the ice? Uggggghhh.

Anyway even if the 300s are less scary in Nashville, I'm pretty sure I'll sit in the lower bowl at Bridgestone when I visit Nashville, I just figure, if I'm going a few thousand km for a hockey game, I might as well splurge on low tickets.

Old
02-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
You can't beat the view from 315. How can I assure you it's the best view of the game? It's where David Poile himself sits.
That's where I sit. Row H. I like the view better there than when I sat in 104 DD, but I do miss getting to read the players' lips and the occasional fight that would break out right in front of those seats.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 06:43 PM
melfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
For me the best seat in the house if you want to pony up for the price is to set in one of the suites. I've set there twice and throughly enjoyed the conviences of the settings and the whole idea of facilites right there was one of the treats.
Private bathrooms

Old
02-28-2011, 11:03 AM
dawgintn

Wanted to update. My buddy and I went yesteday. we got seats in sec 105 row ee. Man they was great seats. We loved every minute of it. Happy to see the Predators win. We will be back alot more, Im hooked.

Thanks for all the help