HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ray Emery signed with Anaheim

Old
02-07-2011, 02:15 PM
infidelappel*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
He played great when healthy for us, he just had a crazy injury that no one could have predicted.

Obviously there is no room for him here, but I am glad to see him get another chance.

I seriously think people with your opinion don't understand the severity of Emery's injury:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avascular_necrosis
I think you don't fully understand my opinion on Ray Emery. I understand full well the severity of his injury. No, people couldn't have predicted it, but that doesn't make the situation that was our goal crease last year any less of a nightmare.

As for assertions of Emery being spectacular for us, I think these claims are overblown. Our team defense is so good that even Michael Leighton can be construed to have been 'amazing' for us. And while Leighton couldn't even hold Rayzor's jock (therefore making this comparison slightly extreme), he is still a little overrated.

Don't get me wrong, he played just fine for us before the injuries struck, but it all just turned into a mess (through no one's fault), and with a hip that has literally had part of it die, I just think the whole organization is better off walking away.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 02:25 PM
decadentia

I really hope he gets a second shot at this, but more so I wish him good health in this venture.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Good for Ray. Even if he doesn't make it to the NHL again, the fact that he made it this far back just shows his determination. Of course I wish him the best, and I truly hope he does get back to his old form, just not at the expense of his health. There's a big difference between love of the game and being able to walk for the rest of your life.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:49 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Good for Ray. Even if he doesn't make it to the NHL again, the fact that he made it this far back just shows his determination. Of course I wish him the best, and I truly hope he does get back to his old form, just not at the expense of his health. There's a big difference between love of the game and being able to walk for the rest of your life.
I was coming here to post pretty much that. For a guy who earned a rep of not caring much, Emery can't have not been changed through this trial. I hope he can actually overcome this.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 12:02 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=352971

Clears waivers. Down to Syracuse he goes for a conditioning stint.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 12:41 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=352971

Clears waivers. Down to Syracuse he goes for a conditioning stint.
Technically he is not down for a conditioning stint, he has been assigned to the Crunch. He can stay down with Syracuse as long as the Ducks want to keep him there. If he was on a conditioning stint he could only stay down for 2 weeks (anything longer would have to be approved by the league).

Also, he could have gone down to the AHL on a conditioning stint without clearing waivers.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 01:43 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Technically he is not down for a conditioning stint, he has been assigned to the Crunch. He can stay down with Syracuse as long as the Ducks want to keep him there. If he was on a conditioning stint he could only stay down for 2 weeks (anything longer would have to be approved by the league).

Also, he could have gone down to the AHL on a conditioning stint without clearing waivers.
Right, but that's for only two weeks, like you said. I think by conditioning stint they mean "play to get into shape again and we'll see if we need you."

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 02:10 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Right, but that's for only two weeks, like you said. I think by conditioning stint they mean "play to get into shape again and we'll see if we need you."
Yes, but I just wanted it to be clear that Emery is techincally not in the AHL on a conditioning assignment. There is no maximum length of time that he can stay on the Crunch roster.

I would guess that unless he absolutely lights it up at the AHL for 4-6 weeks that, barring injury to Hiller, he will be with the Crunch for the remainder of the season.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote