HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill X

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I don't disagree that it makes them a better team, I merely argue that the value is terrible and the gain received is not worth what they gave up. They have a chance, but this deal doesn't make them contenders, and if they were going to do something like this, they should have aimed higher.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Old
02-09-2011, 07:17 PM
sweatypickle

vCash: 500
seems like CAPSPACE had more value then we thought...

Old
02-09-2011, 07:27 PM
KingLB

Beauch is getting way to much credit....when he comes in he more or less replaces Sutton or Lilja...that said people are overrating Gardiner, he is hardly a top prospect (maybe for the Ducks but not league wide), there is a reason he spent a 3rd year in college(most good college prospects spend no more than 2) this year rather then coming out when the Ducks D looked horrible.

Old
02-09-2011, 07:50 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Hawks just acquired Michael Frolik from the Panthers.

Old
02-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Guess Deano isn't the only GM who ridiculously overvalues his former draft picks.

Skille is not terrible, but Frolik has a much higher upside.

Old
02-09-2011, 07:54 PM
nki

In other news Chicago ***** Florida. Skille, Jessiman, Pacan for Michael Frolik, Alexander Salak.

Old
02-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

I'm bummed that Deano wasn't in on Frolik, he'd be a nice piece on this team.

Here's to hoping Booth is a King by next month.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:10 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Beauch is getting way to much credit....when he comes in he more or less replaces Sutton or Lilja...that said people are overrating Gardiner, he is hardly a top prospect (maybe for the Ducks but not league wide), there is a reason he spent a 3rd year in college(most good college prospects spend no more than 2) this year rather then coming out when the Ducks D looked horrible.
A lot of Gardiner staying in college that long is because he played forward until his senior year of high school. He's not a top prospect but he's a very good one. It's more just Anaheim trading from a position of strength for help now. I think they overpaid for a familiar commodity in Beauch but with Fowler and Sbisa already on the team, along with other guys in the system like Schultz, Vatanen, etc. they could afford to trade a guy similar to the two young d-men already on their big club and probably there for the long term. I don't think they came close to maximizing their value but I at least understand it.

02-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Lombardi should strike while Tallon is still drunk. Moller and a 1st for David Booth.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:13 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
I'm bummed that Deano wasn't in on Frolik, he'd be a nice piece on this team.

Here's to hoping Booth is a King by next month.
I agree on both counts.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:20 PM
johnjm22

Frolik never got proper development, and I've never been impressed by him in the NHL. He's got lots upside, but he's soft and inconsistent. He doesn't strike me as the type that will ever be a force in this league. It will be interesting to see how he does in the top 6 of a better team like the Hawks, but I'm skeptical of him.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Tadite

Amazingly just how many teams do nothing but seemingly ruin kids hockey careers. Unless you're a generational talent being drafted by Florida or the Blue Jackets is devastating.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:43 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Count me as one of those people who used to love Booths game but since his last head injury would pass on him unless he had been so truly over examined that everyone and their brother had given him a clean bill of health that I couldn't say no.

He looks like a player who has completely lost his game and I am not convinced that he has recovered yet. He had one of the most serious head injuries that you can have and some never really come back from them all the way.

If he does he is still a seriously talented kid but I am not convinced. Pass on Booth.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
First Grabner, now Frolik? Does Dean even have Talon's number? C'mon Deano!

Old
02-09-2011, 08:49 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Ducks & Blackhawks upgraded today, those are two teams who are in the playoff race with us. Does Dean do anything? Probably not.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Youngblood93

Gaborik

On the main board there's a thread that says Slats is listening to offers for Gaborik.

A NYR fan said he'd take a 1st, 2nd and Moller.

I'd do that in a heart beat.

Thoughts?

Old
02-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Orenji

Gaborik would be a risk, but we should 100% go for it.

He would be the only player that would fill our needs who is able to get. The only other is Hemsky.

Gaborik/Kopitar would be dynamite.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Youngblood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Gaborik would be a risk, but we should 100% go for it.

He would be the only player that would fill our needs who is able to get. The only other is Hemsky.

Gaborik/Kopitar would be dynamite.
Then make a deal with the Oil for Hemsky

Gaborik Kopitar Hemsky

Old
02-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
Then make a deal with the Oil for Hemsky

Gaborik Kopitar Hemsky
If that happened, Schenn would probably have to go to either the Rangers or Oilers, and we would probably lose Simmonds and a few defensive prospects.

But yeah, I would do it.

This team has too good of a defensive core and a potentially great young goalie not to try and make the offense as good as possible.

Old
02-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Ducks & Blackhawks upgraded today, those are two teams who are in the playoff race with us. Does Dean do anything? Probably not.
Make that three... Sharks made a trade today as well Though nothing major, still a lot of activity on the west.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:00 PM
johnjm22

Gaborik has 16 goals so far this year. Rangers fans suspect that he played injured. What a surprise!

I love Gaborik, he's one the best players in the world when healthy, but he can't stay healthy for more than a season. He hasn't played back-to-back full seasons since 2003. You can't give 7.5M to a guy like that.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:01 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Don't ever tweet Dennis Berstein a possible trade candidate, every name is a "no" for him. He even said Gaborik wouldn't be a good fit lol, Penner = nope, Hemsky = nope.. Like who do you want buddy? That guy pisses me off

Old
02-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Count me as one of those people who used to love Booths game but since his last head injury would pass on him unless he had been so truly over examined that everyone and their brother had given him a clean bill of health that I couldn't say no.

He looks like a player who has completely lost his game and I am not convinced that he has recovered yet. He had one of the most serious head injuries that you can have and some never really come back from them all the way.

If he does he is still a seriously talented kid but I am not convinced. Pass on Booth.
I think he's on the right path to recovery, still has 15 goals and 28 points on an offensively inept team. I recall people questioning Stoll's head after he suffered from his severe concussion, but he's made a complete recovery since then. I don't think Booth has a history like Savard's to be concerned about his head.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Don't ever tweet Dennis Berstein a possible trade candidate, every name is a "no" for him. He even said Gaborik wouldn't be a good fit lol, Penner = nope, Hemsky = nope.. Like who do you want buddy? That guy pisses me off
In my opinion that guy knows about as much as we do when it comes to what players Lombardi is targeting.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:21 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
In my opinion that guy knows about as much as we do when it comes to what players Lombardi is targeting.
exactly.. 0

Closed Thread