HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Team Building Exercise on Steroids: Habs lose 8-6 in the craziest game of the year.

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2011, 09:16 PM
habfaninvictoria

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Why are all the B's fans calling Subban a chicken for not dropping em with Lucic? 90% of the NHL Players woudent even talk to Lucic. And hes a Chicken because he talks and dosn't drop? He's smart FFS he wont freeking get destroyed by Lucic in a fight just to prove he did it. No point, we all know Lucic is the biggest/meanest out there, what does Subban have to prove?

The end was just Pathetic IMO. (I really wana see Pyatt vs Campbell again.. This time Taylor Pyatt. Just to see how Greg Campbell will react and feel how it is to be the small guy in a fight)
B's fans shouldn't call anyone out when it involves Lucic. Lucic came barrelling in to blindside Subban when he was dealing with Marchand's stickwork. Lucy and the Bruin's like to talk about how tough they are... ya right. Lucy won't take anyone on who's actually in his weight class, unless of course he happens to know that guys not a fighter.

Classy moves by the B's at the end of the game. Running players. Hitting players when they're down, defenseless or much smaller.... all this after Pouliot could literally have killed Kreji but let him off the hook.

Not too worried about the loss... weird game with weird bounces.

Brutal game by AK and Gomez... I don't see anyone picking up Gomez, but AK has value and I think its time to move him, he'll score a billion points somewhere else but at this point I don't care, it's not working here. Vancouver or the Kings would be a good place for him.

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
This game changed my mind.

No, we do not need a tough guy. We need another D-man.

**** like this isn't going to happen in the playoffs. Bruins fans can circle jerk to this game for the next 2 months for all I care, it will have no effect on the playoffs.

We desperately need another D.

Spacek is erratic and unpredictable. Weber and Subban are rookies. Wiz is mediocre in his own zone. And Gill is the least mobile player in the league 5 on 5.

Forget this game and GET A D-MAN. (And I don't mean a Todd Simpson type)
I agree. We need a dman first and foremost. If he also happens to be a tough dman, then that's all the better.

Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
Come on people, wake up. Ok say we get 1 tough guy like Chris Neil wats he gonna do? take on all the boston bruins? our team isn't built with size we rely on our speed to beat teams. We OWNED the Bruins winning the last 8 of 10 ok. Did you see the Bruins fans saying stupid things like "oh my god we need to get smaller and faster guys in order to compete with the habs".

We dont need big goons we need tough players ala Moen but with scoring touch. We just gotta play our game and we'll be successful. Our top scorer and two of our best defenseman are out, albeit its not excuse but still.

The overreactions on this board is horrendous and over exaggerated...get it together
I was at a game where Dave Manson challenged the whole Bruins bench after beating the snot out of one of their players. And not one of them moved. It does work.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:17 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
So Pouliot getting DAVID KREJCI to fight is cool, but the Bruins can't fight some non-fighters?

And you hope Krejci is concussed? Get real dude.
I hope he gets concussed, i hope you get concussed and i hope your mom gets concussed !

Old
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpower13 View Post
Just plain stupid comment.
How can someone watch this game and not admit that there is a toughness problem on his team.

This team can easily find a couple of spots to add some muscle.

Old
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Wonder what happens to the Bruins if Price and Pouliot didn't let up on Thomas and Krejci? They could be down their stud goaltender and their top 2 centers...

Old
Cronuss

vCash: 2823
Quite the entertainment value tonight.

Perhaps some rivalry renewal.

Thankfully, the identities of these two teams remain unchanged.

Good luck going forward.

Old
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
That was a horrible game. I don't understand why people liked it. It was like pond hockey with a bunch of bikers.
I think I'd pay to see that.

Old
malton

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
Come on people, wake up. Ok say we get 1 tough guy like Chris Neil wats he gonna do? take on all the boston bruins? our team isn't built with size we rely on our speed to beat teams. We OWNED the Bruins winning the last 8 of 10 ok. Did you see the Bruins fans saying stupid things like "oh my god we need to get smaller and faster guys in order to compete with the habs".

We dont need big goons we need tough players ala Moen but with scoring touch. We just gotta play our game and we'll be successful. Our top scorer and two of our best defenseman are out, albeit its not excuse but still.

The overreactions on this board is horrendous and over exaggerated...get it together
i think it's the fact the we have many players that bring nothing to the table. when you can add some sandpaper into the roster while removing some of the dead weight it can only have a positive effect.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:18 PM
thewall

Krecji trying to fight Cammalleri in a game against the Habs in December.. He got his match tonight!

Old
Et le But

There's some overreaction here, does the fact that we dominated the Bruins in most recent match ups not matter? What killed us more than anything else today was the two goals we gave up in the 1st, after that the thugs controlled the game and we got suckered into their gong show.

We could use more size, replacing someone like Pyatt with a bigger guy against big teams couldn't hurt, but if this game shows us anything it's that we need another stay at home defender. The number one reason we lost is because we played non-existent defence.

Old
Forsead

the TWO teams were cowards at time tonight.

Anyway was entertaining as hell, the best would just have been the same game but with reverse scores.

Bring Clarkson and Allen please.

Old
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Hold on guys, Laraque wants to explain the "fighters code" again and how fighters dont tangle with non fighters or punch when someone is on the ice. Maybe someone should explain that **** to the coward bruins?
Well I mean you gotta give them a break here. We only have one "sort of" fighter on our team. They didn't really have a choice. But, they should have stopped swinging when our boys were down. Pretty classless.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Seems that Martin said "We will remember" when he was asked about the last minutes fights....Sure....who will do anything anyway?

Old
mlajeunesse91

alot of people on her are just retarted

Old
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
uh oh, according to L'Antichambre, JM said they will remember this game.

Take it for what's worth.
Not with this team...

Old
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpower13 View Post
Bruins WON ONE GAME, this year...relax! They are so easy to beat!
I don't think anyone should freak out, but the Bruins are top in the division. So obviously we have been an easier team to beat. You should not take them lightly. There is no magic universal law that states that the Habs have their number.

Old
MTL-rules

WTF is your obsession with goons ? If the habs actually played good hockey and Gomez and AK were nowhere this team tonight, they would have won, the PP was absolutely killing... that's the no1 retaliation tool.

I can't believe the Bruins have so much difficulty beating a team missing Markov, Cammaleri and Gorges.

With a few (but important) changes, this team can actually be good enough... but it all starts with MR. 7 million dollars man.

Old
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Seems that Martin said "We will remember" when he was asked about the last minutes fights....Sure....who will do anything anyway?
Gomez has heart, right?

Old
flowerpower13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
yea cause we always play games like these...
Pyatt is being put on the shutdown line and his speciality is his defensive play... Wana put White there instead? c'mon...

What a night! Very entertaining night, a win would have been good but we're not too far away from Bruins points anyways. Not a big deal. If anything, this has shown we can score multiple goals. But its also shown that our defense was very off tonight. AK and gomez tonight, ouch, they played like ****.
Yea tonight we could have used muscle for the fights. But we won't be playing like this every time, so what's the point? Haven't we learned enough from BGL? What's for sure though, is that Bruins will from now on try to push us around and intimidate us more. We can counter it. We just need to actually help Price next time. If the fights went out of control, I'd say the refs are mostly to blame, but it ain't easy when you have up to 6 players fighting.
White can't bring the defensive play that Pyatt brings? And add the physical play?

Old
02-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlajeunesse91 View Post
alot of people on her are just retarted
Considering your syntax, you shouldn't be one to talk.

Old
Habs13

I haven't had that much fun watching a hockey game in YEARS! I loved it... why don't I own a PVR?? Hot damn!

Old
RE-HABS

The deals are happening.

Not saying PG is going to make a panicked move, but an addressing of some team toughness on the top 6 and back-end is needed regardless after this game.

We have no fighters, but we didn't back down from the goons either. We showed balls and class, they showed a lack of class and cowardliness.

Want some tough guys that can play, not a guy who is in and out of the line up and only plays 2-3 minutes.

Old
NBP81

If ya cant beat'em, BEAT them!

We've got a good hocky team, how in the hell did not being able to fight become an issue. I dont mind a fight here and there I really dont... But WTF!? it was plain obvious that hey what the hell, were 0 and 3 against these guys, lets turn this into a UFC match... We dont need a guy who can fight! The NHL is a freaking hockey league!

Old
Clumsyhab

Should we try to get Eager? I think he was available.

Closed Thread