HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team Building Exercise on Steroids: Habs lose 8-6 in the craziest game of the year.

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2011, 09:19 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

vCash: 500
We need tough players (no fighting-only, one-dimensional goons) who can actually drop the gloves when needed and not allow tougher teams (such as Boston in this case) to ragdoll the entire team like this.

It was freaking embarrassing.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:19 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Seems that Martin said "We will remember" when he was asked about the last minutes fights....Sure....who will do anything anyway?
It means they will want to embarrass them next time around.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Not with this team...
Trade incoming? Who knows?

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I'm willing to bet that Andrei Kostitsyn will be traded by trade deadline.
Yep, and another game or two like that from Gomez, and PG can buy him out.

Old
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
There's some overreaction here, does the fact that we dominated the Bruins in most recent match ups not matter? What killed us more than anything else today was the two goals we gave up in the 1st, after that the thugs controlled the game and we got suckered into their gong show.

We could use more size, replacing someone like Pyatt with a bigger guy against big teams couldn't hurt, but if this game shows us anything it's that we need another stay at home defender. The number one reason we lost is because we played non-existent defence.
But we've been saying this for a while.

Would it have been terrible to have Henry and White in the lineup?

Old
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Seems that Martin said "We will remember" when he was asked about the last minutes fights....Sure....who will do anything anyway?
Henry, Conboy, Schultz, White, sign Bonneau, trade, lots of possibilities...

Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
In the playoffs, you won't see players jumping on another, who doesn't want to fight, and beat him up. As ****** as this league is, that doesn't happen.
It will happen, as soon as momentum swings in our favor the bruins will start grabbing our smallest players. What the hell are you talking about?

Old
flowerpower13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
I don't think anyone should freak out, but the Bruins are top in the division. So obviously we have been an easier team to beat. You should not take them lightly. There is no magic universal law that states that the Habs have their number.
yeah...so...?

Old
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

I'm sorry guys, I never bought into the size thing until today. That last minute was seriously embarrassing. I was actually ashamed... The bruins really dominated us physically and even though I believe we could destroy them in the playoffs... what kind of pride did we show on the ice today?

Pathetic

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
I'm not talking about the fighting. I'm talking about every play, the habs were having a hard time winning battles out there, and often looked scared to take the hits. It reminded me of playing philly.
But keep this in context, we already beat them 3 times this year so it's not like we're unable to play on the same level as them.

We always lose against them when we lose our cool and retaliate. If we keep our discipline and engage our speed, it shuts them up real quick no matter how they hit us. Tonight, we got away from what made us successful, strong transition, good defense and good goaltending and we paid the price.

Tonight was more of a testament of our lack of focus in this one particular game more than anything else.

That's not to say a guy like Neil or a tough Dmen like Jovocop wouldn't be a bad idea but we have shown in the past that when we play our game, and not our opponents, we are successful.

Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
I don't think anyone should freak out, but the Bruins are top in the division. So obviously we have been an easier team to beat. You should not take them lightly. There is no magic universal law that states that the Habs have their number.
They have 4 more points than us....we are easier to beat?

Old
JayBee*

For the last time...WE DON'T NEED GOONS! WE NEED TEAM TOUGHNESS. One good isn't going to change anything. You need a bunch of tough players who can answer the bell. How many goons to the Bruins have? How many do the Flyers have? Just need more toughness.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
WTF is your obsession with goons ? If the habs actually played good hockey and Gomez and AK were nowhere this team tonight, they would have won, the PP was absolutely killing... that's the no1 retaliation tool.

I can't believe the Bruins have so much difficulty beating a team missing Markov, Cammaleri and Gorges.

With a few (but important) changes, this team can actually be good enough... but it all starts with MR. 7 million dollars man.
Agreed.

Price should have been pulled also.

Old
Et le But

Quote:
We need to take them seriously, sure. But it still matters that we outplayed them in most games this year and have less reason to fear them than say, the Flyers.

Old
flowerpower13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
I'm sorry guys, I never bought into the size thing until today. That last minute was seriously embarrassing. I was actually ashamed... The bruins really dominated us physically and even though I believe we could destroy them in the playoffs... what kind of pride did we show on the ice today?

Pathetic
what did the Bruins won in the past 30 years , intimidating?

Old
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
And the only regret is that Martin didn't put himself, Gomez and Kostitsyn on the ice in the final minutes to get the beating they all deserved.
I firmly believe that if someone hit Andrei in the head, that person would get a concussion of the fist. His head is harder than the frozen tundra of Siberia.

Old
Edgy

Quote:
He will give them the stink eye next time we play them and the handshake will be lukewarm lol.

Old
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post

Pathetic
What? The Bruins gooning up our non-tough players like Pyatt, Spacek and Hamrlik is an indication we lack size and pride?

I'm missing something here.

Old
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Definition of class:

Price and Pouliot hold up while opposition in vulnerable position on the ice.

Definition of ****bags:

Boychuk fighting noted enforcer Jaro Spacek
Thornton going after heavyweight Roman Hamrlik
Gregory Campbell whaling on Pyatt with his ****ing elbow pad
Ference deciding he can start fighting once Moen hits the ice

Old
02-09-2011, 09:22 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Not with this team...
LOL....We'll have our goon, Cam back.

Old
Nidema

Quote:
WTF is your obsession with goons ? If the habs actually played good hockey and Gomez and AK were nowhere this team tonight, they would have won, the PP was absolutely killing... that's the no1 retaliation tool.

I can't believe the Bruins have so much difficulty beating a team missing Markov, Cammaleri and Gorges.

With a few (but important) changes, this team can actually be good enough... but it all starts with MR. 7 million dollars man.
Agreed completely.

Gomez line didn't pull their weight tonight and they were just among the many who were atrocious this game.

Don't let short term results cloud the long term vision.

Old
donghabs98

vCash: 315
That was crazy. don't forget we have another game tomorrow. But will the defence show up. The offense did today

Old
andy28

Quote:
If people suggested building an entire team out of "goons" then it would be fair to accuse them of being obsessed with goons. But as it stands, most people are suggesting we have one guy who can actually win a fight now and then and play hockey as well. Along with a few tougher players. No one wants to turn us into the hardest hitting team in the league. The more appropriate question would be what is the habs obsession over the last 10 years with having teams with no toughness.

Old
plekysu

Fighting is a non issue, we just need guys that play hard and can physically wear down opponents during the playoff grind. Habs are to easy on their opponents, its fine in the regular season but its what needs to be added for the ultimate playoff success.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:23 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
uh oh, according to L'Antichambre, JM said they will remember this game.

Take it for what's worth.
Fel, how many highlights are you uploading from tonight haha

Closed Thread