HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Linus Omark to Toronto

Old
02-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Sad Panda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
Kessel
MacArthur
Kulemin
Lupul
Versteeg
Armstrong

Are all wingers that are better fits than Omark. We aren't trading for a guy to play on the 4th line.
Pretty much. We need a center badly. You can add Kadri and Ross to the list of wingers as they should be making a push for roster spots in the next two seasons. We really don't have room for wingers unless it's a big upgrade in skill.

Sad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:34 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Panda View Post
Pretty much. We need a center badly. You can add Kadri and Ross to the list of wingers as they should be making a push for roster spots in the next two seasons. We really don't have room for wingers unless it's a big upgrade in skill.
I don't think Kadri is planned as a winger. They tried him out as a winger for a while, but i think the plan is to bring him along as a center. The point still stands though, there isn't room for Omark.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:38 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post
This Yep wouldnt ya know it, Hall=Gretzky, Eberle=Yzerman, M.P.=Super Mario, Penner=Lindros, Enter d-mans name here=Orr

I think that about sums it up!
I believe you're looking for the name Jeff Petry. Oilers are playing tonight if you're intested in watching an up and coming top offensive defenceman in the game today.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 1320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soles21 View Post
fixed

MMMM..Indeed sir! Well played

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:44 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
I don't think Kadri is planned as a winger. They tried him out as a winger for a while, but i think the plan is to bring him along as a center. The point still stands though, there isn't room for Omark.
Is it just because of contracts? or would you rather have Kulemin, Versteeg and MacArthur in your top 6 over Omark? I understand Armstrong, Kessel and Lupul, well somewhat Lupul but I'm sure Omark can benefit you offensively over some of your top 6 players. Grinders are nice but with too many in the lineup can make it difficult to create offense at times.

Last edited by lakai17: 02-09-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old
02-09-2011, 08:48 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Is it just because of contracts? or would rather have Kulemin, Versteeg and MacArthur in your top 6 over Omark? I understand Armstrong, Kessel and Lupul, well somewhat lupul but I'm sure Omark can benefit you offensively than some of your top 6 players. Grinders are nice but with too many in the lineup it's hard to create offense.
We would much rather have Kulemin, Versteeg, and MacArthur in our top 6 then Omark. Kulemin's on pace for 30 goals, Versteeg is on pace for 21, and MacArthur 25. I don't think Omark can bring much more offense then any of them.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 08:55 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
We would much rather have Kulemin, Versteeg, and MacArthur in our top 6 then Omark. Kulemin's on pace for 30 goals, Versteeg is on pace for 21, and MacArthur 25. I don't think Omark can bring much more offense then any of them.
Understandable.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
I almost spit out my beer, did somebody compare MPS to a Hart/Lester B Pearson/Art Ross Trophy winner?

Haha, Oilers fans...they're so cute and optimistic...if MPS wins any of those...hahaha.

Brewsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:18 PM
The Bored Man
Tier 2 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
I almost spit out my beer, did somebody compare MPS to a Hart/Lester B Pearson/Art Ross Trophy winner?

Haha, Oilers fans...they're so cute and optimistic...if MPS wins any of those...hahaha.
Very astute. You're pretty bright, junior. For a Leaf fan, anyway.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 09:21 PM
lakai17

Quote:

Old
02-09-2011, 10:33 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredMan View Post
Very astute. You're pretty bright, junior. For a Leaf fan, anyway.

Judging by his location, I would be hesitant to say he's a Leafs fan.

The Oiler's have a lot of potential, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want more than a few of your forwards wearing Leaf's jerseys. Unfortunately, we're bad trading partners, and it isn't going to happen. I'm guessing Schenn is the only thing of interest to Edmonton, and he's unavailable. I'm also guessing Eberle, PRV, Hall and Gagner are unavailable.

Instead of wasting his time with Tambo, maybe Brian Burke can wake up nice and early tommorow morning and give Dale Tallon a call.... I sure would like Weiss!

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:57 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Is it just because of contracts? or would you rather have Kulemin, Versteeg and MacArthur in your top 6 over Omark? I understand Armstrong, Kessel and Lupul, well somewhat Lupul but I'm sure Omark can benefit you offensively over some of your top 6 players. Grinders are nice but with too many in the lineup can make it difficult to create offense at times.
No offense to Omark, but he most certainly wouldn't be better than any of the guys you listed there. If we hadn't just acquired Lupul, then i would say there is a spot open for Omark to play on. As it stands, Kessel, Kulemin, MacArthur, and Versteeg are all outproducing Omark, and he wouldn't be able to take the spot of Armstrong. Also, Lupul is going to be given every chance at a top 6 spot.

To give you an idea, these are the top 3 lines we could be looking at:

Kulemin - Grabovski - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - MacArthur
Versteeg - Boyce - Armstrong

Subject to change, but the general idea is that there isn't any room for Omark in there. That isn't to say he couldn't end up better than a number of those guys, but at this point we would be trading for him and only able to slot him on the 4th line.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Akonite

Quote:

Even though it was a different teams fan who sarcastically did so I have to add the customary

Lolumadbro?

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsandSharksfan View Post
We don't really need more wingers.

Now, let's talk Ganger.
What type of language is Ganger