HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team Building Exercise on Steroids: Habs lose 8-6 in the craziest game of the year.

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2011, 12:11 AM
andy28

vCash: 500
We need a defenseman first though.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:12 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post
I remember a game in the mid 90's (96-97 maybe?) when the Legion of Doom lit up both Theodore and Vokoun in a 9-5 game. Leclair had 4 goals. Ugh.
I remember that too. I even remember where I was that night! But I couldn't remember the exact score. So is this really the last 14 goals game?

Old
02-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Not sure if it was 14 goals, but the first time the Habs faced Theodore vs the Avs was a high scoring game. I think it was 8-6 or 9-7.
8-5, highlighted by Craig Rivet's breakaway goal.

Perezhogin

Old
02-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
We need a defenseman first though.
Eric Brewer ? He's not really that tough, but he's a guy who can hit and can shoot the puck really, really hard.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayl View Post
which would be matched with

Thornton-campbell-Mcgratton
chara-Mcquaid

still think it would work?

And then after when all your tough guys are in the box we can still throw out guys like Lucic,Horton,Boychuck,and Stuart
And while Chara is in the box, our speed will destroy your defense.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:17 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
8-5, highlighted by Craig Rivet's breakaway goal.

Funny, it seems like I always remember where I was during those epic games. Sadly, I missed that Avs-Habs game because I was travelling in Kotor, Montenegro. But I remember how happy I was when I saw the result in an Internet cafe...

Old
02-10-2011, 12:17 AM
FuriousBob

People forgets the positives tough.

Our youth did good in this game Offensively and did better on the D than most of our Veteran.

Weber got 3 points
Pacioretty 2 goals
Subban 1 G, 1 A

Pacioretty is big and Subban is big enough to play in the NHL. Weber is not that small (same height as Plek and that doesn't stop him from being a good player).

All in all I think the answer is from our young players. I really see us as a dangerous team in 2-3 years when those young guns will be fully prepared for the NHL. Subban is playing like a star player for the last 15 games and Pacioretty is one of the strongest and fastest player ive ever seen in the Habs.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay View Post
Is it me or were Thomas and Price laughing while fighting?
Thomas and Price have trained together during summers. They also were at the All-Star game together. Thomas also said he didn't want to be a Dipietro. I'm sure Price felt the same way.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:20 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousBob View Post
People forgets the positives tough.

Our youth did good in this game Offensively and did better on the D than most of our Veteran.

Weber got 3 points
Pacioretty 2 goals
Subban 1 G, 1 A

Pacioretty is big and Subban is big enough to play in the NHL. Weber is not that small (same height as Plek and that doesn't stop him from being a good player).

All in all I think the answer is from our young players. I really see us as a dangerous team in 2-3 years when those young guns will be fully prepared for the NHL. Subban is playing like a star player for the last 15 games and Pacioretty is one of the strongest and fastest player ive ever seen in the Habs.
Desharnais also got 1G, 1A.

At this pace, I think Subban could get back in the Calder race very soon... behind Skinner and Couture, of course. He's now pretty much tied up with Fowler and Shattenkirk for points by a rookie defenseman.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post

At this pace, I think Subban could get back in the Calder race very soon... behind Skinner and Couture, of course. He's now pretty much tied up with Fowler and Shattenkirk for points by a rookie defenseman.
The habs are 0-4-0 when Desharnais scores.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:21 AM
FuriousBob

Quote:

true totally forgotted about Desharnais.

When you look at it, 5 goals where scored by our youth tonight. Kind of encouraging isnt it.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:23 AM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
The end was just Pathetic IMO. (I really wana see Pyatt vs Campbell again.. This time Taylor Pyatt. Just to see how Greg Campbell will react and feel how it is to be the small guy in a fight)
You know what, I was going to read through this whole thread and probably not post. But this just irks me.

I've seen Pyatt in real life and forget his listed stats, he's at most 5'9 165. It's not Campbell's fault that Pyatt is such a little ***** and that Martin insists on playing this puke. Pyatt is so weak that it's a danger to his own well being to get into any rough stuff given his pathetic frame. It's part of the game.

Hit the gym Tommy P. If it wasn't for Martin's soft-spot for runts you would never know what a regular season NHL shift even looks like.

Old
Chuck Lefley*

Hey Bruins fans and your love him/hate him coach Julien...do what you want...bring up McGratton, put brass knuckles in your gloves for the next game. Run wild, go crazy.

Irrelevant.

How many of you Bruins trolls are actually old enough to remember 1972?

As for the Subban haters, please share your thoughts when he is busy stealing game pucks at the end of a playoff LOSS, like the uber-****** Pronger. Now THERE is maturity for you. Oh, wait, let's hear what Mike Richards has to say about THAT. Is that the paragon of respect Mike? What? What? Whaaaatttt?

Antics like tonight make it so easy to disrespect the Bruins and their organization. I wonder how Neely feels knowing that he can never,ever be a winner like Bobby Orr. What a friggin farce. Oh well...24-5, 24-5 that is the mantra.

Old
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The habs are 0-4-0 when Desharnais scores.
Ouch... I hope he won't score anymore.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:25 AM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Thomas and Price have trained together during summers. They also were at the All-Star game together. Thomas also said he didn't want to be a Dipietro. I'm sure Price felt the same way.
Well that's all well and good but do you think Chara thinks that way when he's picking on Patches and Co.

Price had the chance to set an example. Show the Bruins that Thomas getting lit was on their captains shoulders. He buckled when he had a chance to set and example.

It's not like he was busy stopping pucks or anything...

Old
02-10-2011, 12:26 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousBob View Post
true totally forgotted about Desharnais.

When you look at it, 5 goals where scored by our youth tonight. Kind of encouraging isnt it.
Yeah it is but on the flip side we also need our vets playing at the top of their games too and tonight Gomez and AK were simply pathetic..

Old
02-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Ouch... I hope he won't score anymore.
I figure if he scores two in a game, the habs will win.

I told my friend when Desharnais scored, we'd lose. I was praying Darche got it.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:29 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
I remember that too. I even remember where I was that night! But I couldn't remember the exact score. So is this really the last 14 goals game?
Me too. I was in the shower.... crying.... in the fetal position.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:29 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I figure if he scores two in a game, the habs will win.

I told my friend when Desharnais scored, we'd lose. I was praying Darche got it.
Trade him to the Bruins and let him score one against us every time they play us.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
Well that's all well and good but do you think Chara thinks that way when he's picking on Patches and Co.

Price had the chance to set an example. Show the Bruins that Thomas getting lit was on their captains shoulders. He buckled when he had a chance to set and example.

Yea yea, hockey is business and business isn't personal. Sure, buy into that crap. I don't.
I don't know what kind of pure imbecile would actually get into an actual fist fight with a likable acquaintance, and keep punching him while on the floor, just so you can....bring your level of class down.
That's ********. Price did the right thing. This is hockey, not the freaking UFC.

Old timer's hockey is ********. Tonight was disturbing and it really made me question why fighting is still legal in the NHL. You enjoyed seeing Krejci get KOd and bleed??..You enjoyed seeing Spacek and Hammer pretty much get assaulted??..Do this in the streets and you get arrested. Give two guys a pair a skate and it becomes awright? Freaking ********.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:37 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Well I was wondering when the pot would finally boil over and it happened tonight. For all of you rah rah Nancy types that call the Bruins "goons" and are crying because the Habs got beat up all game... This is why we need more toughness and size in the lineup. The Bruins clearly sent a message tonight, and the Habs got it... And they got the black eyes to prove it! The Bruins showed that they could impose their will on us physically and that if we meet up in the playoffs, we are in a whole world of trouble. Look what happened when things got rough - Gomez predictably disappeared, Eller continued his best impersonation of being a hockey player, and Kostitsyn couldn't fold the tent quick enough.... Not to mention poor Subban was basically attacked from the beginning and never got any support. And after they mauled us physically and scored 8 goals, they beat the crap out of some of our non fighters. Now poor Moen did alright and Pouliot beat up a guy that barely handled Mike Cammelleri, but overall we were exposed as a small, gutless franchise.

The Bruins sent the message that they will attack us physically and will use their size to intimidate. How will Gauthier respond???

I'd like to see him bring in players like Clarkson, Nystrom, Vandermeer, Neil or someone of that ilk. And if Kostitsyn or Gomez never played another game in a Habs uniform, I wouldn't be disappointed.
Gutless? That's a little much.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Habs

What a joke, ex-players must just be rolling their eyes watching this club getting pounded physically. Its like someone made an internal law around 1995, that forbid a Montreal team with a balance of toughness and skill.

Everything that the successful teams had, has been thrown aside, for some new style that nobody understands, but we just have to accept. Our skilled players get taken advantage of, we respond with Lars ****ing Eller, someone who management actively sought out in a trade.

Just disgusting. Can't wait to see how many more sissies and wimps management delivers us from now on.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Seriously even though you're not really trolling why are you even here? Please go back to your own board and discuss your team full of knuckle draggers over there instead of here..
Be nice, Jayl isn't trolling, which means they have every right to post on our board.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:46 AM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yea yea, hockey is business and business isn't personal. Sure, buy into that crap. I don't.
I don't know what kind of pure imbecile would actually get into an actual fist fight with a likable acquaintance, and keep punching him while on the floor, just so you can....bring your level of class down.
That's ********. Price did the right thing. This is hockey, not the freaking UFC.

Old timer's hockey is ********. Tonight was disturbing and it really made me question why fighting is still legal in the NHL. You enjoyed seeing Krejci get KOd and bleed??..You enjoyed seeing Spacek and Hammer pretty much get assaulted??..Do this in the streets and you get arrested. Give two guys a pair a skate and it becomes awright? Freaking ********.
Your team should always come first. These are the guys you literally live with and bleed with year in and year out.

Throw a bodycheck on a guy in the streets and you'd get arrested. You're only saying this because of how badly exposed our team was tonight. Men against boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
What a joke, ex-players must just be rolling their eyes watching this club getting pounded physically. Its like someone made an internal law around 1995, that forbid a Montreal team with a balance of toughness and skill.

Everything that the successful teams had, has been thrown aside, for some new style that nobody understands, but we just have to accept. Our skilled players get taken advantage of, we respond with Lars ****ing Eller, someone who management actively sought out in a trade.

Just disgusting. Can't wait to see how many more sissies and wimps management delivers us from now on.
Eller should pass a hormone test because I'm convinced he's a girl. What a soft POS. Even his prosthetic testicles shriveled up in-game.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post

He's also not a fighter, so there was a chance he could have gotten hurt with all that clumsy goalie equipment on. As much as I would like to have a Habs player set an example. Price is not the player I want to see do it.

Closed Thread