HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team Building Exercise on Steroids: Habs lose 8-6 in the craziest game of the year.

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2011, 12:49 AM
costathing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Tom Pyatt. Love the guy and is efforts, but we could get someone like Zenon Konopka. Guy fights, solid defensively and he wins faceoffs while throwing hits.
Look like someone get brainwash by Benoit brunet loll

Old
02-10-2011, 12:50 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
Your team should always come first. These are the guys you literally live with and bleed with year in and year out.

Throw a bodycheck on a guy in the streets and you'd get arrested. You're only saying this because of how badly exposed our team was tonight. Men against boys.
What good would it have done for Price to fight Thomas??? I am not for goonery, but I am all for defending our players against it. I don't think Thomas was a threat, though.

I'm all for toughness, but you are going overboard here.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Missed the entire game tonight ... any youtubes of the fights?

Oh, Scott Gomez ... 13 minutes, 0 points, - 4 = 7.3 million

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Arent you a leaf fan yet???

your boy gill was a -3 too

Old
02-10-2011, 12:51 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousBob View Post
People forgets the positives tough.

Our youth did good in this game Offensively and did better on the D than most of our Veteran.

Weber got 3 points
Pacioretty 2 goals
Subban 1 G, 1 A

Pacioretty is big and Subban is big enough to play in the NHL. Weber is not that small (same height as Plek and that doesn't stop him from being a good player).

All in all I think the answer is from our young players. I really see us as a dangerous team in 2-3 years when those young guns will be fully prepared for the NHL. Subban is playing like a star player for the last 15 games and Pacioretty is one of the strongest and fastest player ive ever seen in the Habs.
It was a horrible display of defense and poor goaltending. Our offense wasn't great either, it just benefited from poor defending and goaltending as well. PK and Weber are Dman, defense was horrible all night.
All in all, it was a very bad game.

The only positive thing is that our team showed tremendous character and didn't seem intimidated, at all, by the Bruins. You can even argue that the intensity started rising when Gionta went after Marchand for his late hit on Wiz.
I also think the officiating was rather horrible. They let the game go out of control.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:52 AM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
He's also not a fighter, so there was a chance he could have gotten hurt with all that clumsy goalie equipment on. As much as I would like to have a Habs player set an example. Price is not the player I want to see do it.
Sometimes you need to take that chance. How many more years do we have of Chara imposing his will on our players? Laraque certainly didn't do anything about it so forget the enforcer angle. The one area where we had a comparative advantage was among both our All-Star goalies and Price had the opportunity to show he meant business. He instead opted for a photo-op.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:55 AM
andy28

Quote:
Sometimes you need to take that chance. How many more years do we have of Chara imposing his will on our players? Laraque certainly didn't do anything about it so forget the enforcer angle. The one area where we had a comparative advantage was among both our All-Star goalies and Price had the opportunity to show he meant business. He instead opted for a photo-op.
Once again, what message would that have sent? Was Thomas roughing up our guys?

Old
02-10-2011, 12:55 AM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
What good would it have done for Price to fight Thomas??? I am not for goonery, but I am all for defending our players against it. I don't think Thomas was a threat, though.

I'm all for toughness, but you are going overboard here.
Thomas is the one who crossed the red-line. Everything escalated when Chara stepped in and went after patches with some gloved punches. Patches is a pretty big kid but we're talking about a 7 inch height difference and 50 pounds. Not to mention 10 years in age. Price had the opportunity to make an example out of Thomas, and show Chara that the size advantage can work both ways.

He failed.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Your team should always come first. These are the guys you literally live with and bleed with year in and year out.

Throw a bodycheck on a guy in the streets and you'd get arrested. You're only saying this because of how badly exposed our team was tonight. Men against boys.
Actually no. I'm saying this because this is how I feel about the whole issue. I didn't enjoy watching Krejci get KOd. That's freaking ******** as well. Krejci can put up 80pts, he's a greatly skilled player, what the heck is he doing getting into a fight and KOd?
Fighting is ********.

It's even more ******** when you're talking about your goalie fighting another and wanting him to keep assaulting his opponent on the floor. If there's anybody that seems bitter about the events that happened during the game tonight, it's you.
Price and Thomas had no business fighting. Especially after seeing Dipietro get injured and miss 4-6weeks after a fight.

Price did the right thing.

Old
02-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
The only things that disgusted me were Marchand's hit on Wiz after icing call was made and Wiz wasn't even paying attention any more and the Bruins players that decided to keep punching the Habs players after they were down on the ice. I get it that emotions run wild, but show some damn respect and constraint.

I fully think Marchand should be suspended. Did they not make a ruling that players who connect with hits after an icing call, or as the player is about to touch the puck, are to be suspended? Call me if I'm wrong on this one, but the icing call was made and then Marchand came in and decked Wiz with an elbow to the head. Wiz looked dizzy for a moment, then said WTF is that, and charged him.

Also McQuaid should receive some punishment. I hear instigating a fight with a certain amount of time left to play in the game, is punishable. It was less then 30 seconds, and he just decided to start cross-checking him in the back before grabbing him to fight. Totally classless.

Other then that, the Pyatt-Hamrlik-Spacek slayings were fair game. You know emotions are going out of whack and you're playing the Bruins, how can you expect not to fight?

Old
andy28

Quote:
Price had the opportunity to make an example out of Thomas, and show Chara that the size advantage can work both ways.

He failed.
Price did the right thing. That wouldn't have given Chara any message.

Old
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristoLeblanc View Post
Well, when I post on the Bruins board in a polite manner without trolling, Gee Wally give me an infraction worth 5pts. I answer saying I didn't troll a all... He says, posting on another team forum while criticizes our team will not be tolerate and I didn't made one critics...

I thinks its not fair that they can post here but habs fans can't post on their.
I see your point KL, each board does have their own way of moderating. What we are trying to do on the Habs board though is allow civil conversations between our posters, and posters from other boards.

If they come here and troll, they will be removed. If they come here and act reasonable, they will be allowed to stay.

Old
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It was a horrible display of defense and poor goaltending. Our offense wasn't great either, it just benefited from poor defending and goaltending as well. PK and Weber are Dman, defense was horrible all night.
All in all, it was a very bad game.

The only positive thing is that our team showed tremendous character and didn't seem intimidated, at all, by the Bruins. You can even argue that the intensity started rising when Gionta went after Marchand for his late hit on Wiz.
I also think the officiating was rather horrible. They let the game go out of control.
Correct on all points. Gionta going after Marchand showed why he is the captain, he's all guts.

Not seeing anyone make Lucic pay for hitting Price is still something I am pissed about. You have to protect your goalie, no matter what the scenario, and seeing PK consistently play with a target on his back needs to be stopped somehow, someway.

Old
02-10-2011, 01:00 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Thomas is the one who crossed the red-line. Everything escalated when Chara stepped in and went after patches with some gloved punches. Patches is a pretty big kid but we're talking about a 7 inch height difference and 50 pounds. Not to mention 10 years in age. Price had the opportunity to make an example out of Thomas, and show Chara that the size advantage can work both ways.

He failed.
Jesus Christ, go watch the UFC. Go unleash some of that fury on a punching bag.

What if Price does that and then breaks his hand or wrist??..Komi got injured after fighting, so did O'Byrne, Spacek earlier this year, Dipietro just did like a week ago..
How idiotic would that be...
Oh, right, but he'll have shown Chara that...uhh...NOTHING. Chara will keep on beating up guys. You think Price hitting Thomas would have changed something??...Get a clue.

Old
02-10-2011, 01:00 AM
Picaroon

vCash: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
The only things that disgusted me were Marchand's hit on Wiz after icing call was made and Wiz wasn't even paying attention any more and the Bruins players that decided to keep punching the Habs players after they were down on the ice. I get it that emotions run wild, but show some damn respect and constraint.

I fully think Marchand should be suspended. Did they not make a ruling that players who connect with hits after an icing call, or as the player is about to touch the puck, are to be suspended? Call me if I'm wrong on this one, but the icing call was made and then Marchand came in and decked Wiz with an elbow to the head. Wiz looked dizzy for a moment, then said WTF is that, and charged him.

Also McQuaid should receive some punishment. I hear instigating a fight with a certain amount of time left to play in the game, is punishable. It was less then 30 seconds, and he just decided to start cross-checking him in the back before grabbing him to fight. Totally classless.

Other then that, the Pyatt-Hamrlik-Spacek slayings were fair game. You know emotions are going out of whack and you're playing the Bruins, how can you expect not to fight?
Marchand's hit was really dirty but everyone just forgot about after the shenanigans. Should be reviewed but it won't be.

Old
02-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:

He failed.
Price and Thomas respect each other. They laughed about it right after it was over, and were tapping each other on the shoulder. Furthermore, punching a guy when he's done to show a message is absolutely disgusting and dirty.

Old
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
If we still had Halak, I might agree with you JD. But if we lose Price because he was "trying to send a message" for the next 6 weeks and end up missing the playoffs. Do you still think it would have been worth taking the chance?

Also how do you think the Bruins players would have reacted? Do you think they would have just stood there and watched Thomas get pounded, and not tried to get some revenge against Price later in the game?

Old
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Actually no. I'm saying this because this is how I feel about the whole issue. I didn't enjoy watching Krejci get KOd. That's freaking ******** as well. Krejci can put up 80pts, he's a greatly skilled player, what the heck is he doing getting into a fight and KOd?
Fighting is ********.

It's even more ******** when you're talking about your goalie fighting another and wanting him to keep assaulting his opponent on the floor. If there's anybody that seems bitter about the events that happened during the game tonight, it's you.
Price and Thomas had no business fighting. Especially after seeing Dipietro get injured and miss 4-6weeks after a fight.

Price did the right thing.
Fighting is a part of the game and will be for the foreseeable future. Get used to it. I understand how you might be a little raw to that aspect of the game given the rosters we put out every year but that's also why we were *****ed tonight.

Old
02-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Roke

Quote:
Jesus Christ, go watch the UFC. Go unleash some of that fury on a punching bag.

What if Price does that and then breaks his hand or wrist??..Komi got injured after fighting, so did O'Byrne, Spacek earlier this year, Dipietro just did like a week ago..
How idiotic would that be...
Oh, right, but he'll have shown Chara that...uhh...NOTHING. Chara will keep on beating up guys. You think Price hitting Thomas would have changed something??...Get a clue.
Price should have hit Thomas in the face with a blocker/elbow pad . Still no penalties listed on the box score for Campbell...

Edit: Looks like Yahoo's boxscore has Campbell getting 5 for fighting. Interesting that Hamrlik and Spacek get 10-minute misconducts in addition to their majors while Campbell got nothing. Somebody should send an e-mail about that.

Old
02-10-2011, 01:06 AM
andy28

Quote:
Fighting is a part of the game and will be for the foreseeable future. Get used to it. I understand how you might be a little raw to that aspect of the game given the rosters we put out every year but that's also why we were *****ed tonight.
I agree it is a part of the game, and I wish we had a couple good players who were able to win some fights for us. So I agree with you in that respect, and I disagree with Kriss E. Because even though I get that he feels fighting is wrong, unless the game changes, we are the ones taking the beatings and having someone to defend our guys in a league that allows fighting is just good sense. But Price on Thomas is absolutely pointless. Thomas is not a threat.

Old
02-10-2011, 01:07 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
8-5, highlighted by Craig Rivet's breakaway goal.

Perezhogin
absolutely nothing made me happier then watching theo get dismantled that night

the only thing that comes close to matching it was chasing him in game 2 vs washington last year

Old
02-10-2011, 01:07 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsonhab View Post
Marchand's hit was really dirty but everyone just forgot about after the shenanigans. Should be reviewed but it won't be.
That's the problem I have. The whole "should be, but won't be" because of what happened afterwards. It's a major flaw.

You do an act that is punishable, you get punished for it. Why can't it be that simple?

Old
02-10-2011, 01:09 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
That's the problem I have. The whole "should be, but won't be" because of what happened afterwards. It's a major flaw.

You do an act that is punishable, you get punished for it. Why can't it be that simple?
Another thing I don't get is all the Subban hatred people have. It's really hypocritical. Watching Marchand tonight I thought he was a really dirty pissant. But he has some big boys around him.

Old
02-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
You're not teaching me anything. Fighting remains ********, it's an opinion, I don't have to get used to anything, my opinion will remain the same. I felt the same way 20years ago.
I really don't care about what happened tonight. It was the same thing two years during our last game vs the Bruins when all they did was assault us, which ultimately, gave us a lot of PPs that permitted us to tie the game, head to OT and qualify for the POs.
The Bruins don't scare or bother me, matter of fact, I'd be very happy and confident to face them in the POs again. They're notorious for choking.

What is ******** is saying a goalie has failed because he didn't send a message by beating up a downed opponent. Not only do you completely disregard the possibility of Price inflicting an injury to himself, but for some reason you actually think this would have sent a message. If anything, this would have encouraged the Bruins into playing even more aggressively. It also would have added an extra target on Price. Lucic had no problem going after Price before, you think after Price beats up his goalie he's gonna be careful when he's close to Price now??..

As I said, you should get a clue.

Old
02-10-2011, 01:12 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Must say, I thought if I ever saw Price let in 8 goals that there would be a lot of criticizing to be done. Not the case. Man... he actually played quite well (and was classy to let the probable Vezina winner off without a broken hand or concussion), but the team left him out to dry on a LOT of occasions tonight. Lots of guys leaving their man when they obviously shouldn't have - or didn't need to - to double team the puck, or running around after someone, and getting burned, both of which always disappoint me when watching "professionals" (every second time it seemed to be either Gomez or P.K.)

Guess we won't see Eller-Gomez-A.Kost together again any time soon, lol. I've seen 4th lines on basement dwellers who had their act together better than that. What WILL we see more of? Max Pac and the Wiz on the powerplay.

Oh, and the Lucic-Horton line was something like +5 against us tonight. Roflcopter at those who still fail to see how even mid-range talent has no problem producing against us as long as they play bigger/stronger/tougher. If we can't safely send a line like Eller-Gomez-A.Kost out against something like Lucic-Krejci-Horton... no, check that... if Eller-Gomez-A.Kost can't simply put more pucks in the net than they allow playing against something like Lucic-Krejci-Horton... we may have caught a glimpse of some possible trouble.

Probably just "one of those games", but no contender is going to be concerned about playing the Habs in the playoffs after watching this tape.

Old
02-10-2011, 01:12 AM
andy28

Quote:
You're not teaching me anything. Fighting remains ********, it's an opinion, I don't have to get used to anything, my opinion will remain the same. I felt the same way 20years ago.
You may be right Kriss E. Fighting is ********. But you can't visit that morality on guys who are getting beaten up. Jim is right about that much, at least. It is a part of the game. And you can either let our guys get beat up, or give them someone to defend them. Fighting is ********, but if an 800 pound ogre attacks your 6 year old daughter, I see nothing wrong with getting your 900 pound friend to fight back.

Closed Thread