HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill X

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2011, 02:58 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
It's not that he's that bad, it's he's not that good.... slight difference, but when you are playing with Bozak instead of Toews or Sharp, the discrepancy in your game is going to be much much more obvious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
He hasn't been bad. He has one more point than Ryan Smyth, 35 points in 51 games, on pace to match his career high numbers of 53 points. Currently has 14 goals, on pace for 21. Not bad numbers for a player on a team that has the worst group of centers in the NHL. To say he relies on his linemates is inaccurate, especially when his center linemate is a 20 point scorer,
I guess the question I would be interested in is, how would he look next season on Schenn's line or with Stoll?

Old
02-10-2011, 03:01 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Dreger said the Kings were in on Mike Fisher until the end
over/under 15 players over the last 4 years where that type of quote has been used in reference to the Kings.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:05 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Andy Strickland:

"Both the LA #Kings and Carolina #Hurricanes had offers on the table for forward Mike Fisher #NHL #"

So glad DL didn't offer a 1st

Old
02-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Jebus
That boulder?

I can't stand the way Versteeg plays the game. I don't know how to put my finger on it but I'd rather have Patty O back than Versteeg. Hemsky and Booth would be my top two choices.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:08 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Andy Strickland:

"Both the LA #Kings and Carolina #Hurricanes had offers on the table for forward Mike Fisher #NHL #"

So glad DL didn't offer a 1st
Yep.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:09 PM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

I'll take 2 of either Nikolai Kulemin, Stephen Weiss and Radek Martinek.

Penner has size but what use is it when he plays soft. He needs a mean streak.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:14 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

We're looking at this all wrong..

Which player coming off injury is DL looking for?

Old
02-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post

Booth or bust.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:18 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:

Enter Cory Stillman...

Though I'd prefer Kyle Okposo

Old
02-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The obvious answer is Parise

I wish...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-10-2011, 03:19 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:

Stillman, Drury, Parise.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Stillman, Drury, Parise.
Drury's not coming off an injury. He's going back on the IR for 6-7 weeks.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Tallon has been fleeced on quite a few deals since taking over as Panthers GM. Booth makes so much sense. Oft- injured LW who's fairly young and has a decent cap hit...geter done Dean.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:29 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Drury's not coming off an injury. He's going back on the IR for 6-7 weeks.
Don't matter....look at Williams and Sturm.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Stillman, Drury, Parise.
I'm having flashbacks...
http://articles.latimes.com/2004/mar...orts/sp-kings9
Quote:
"We think we can get Anson going and certainly expect he can give us a lift," General Manager Dave Taylor said. "I don't think Anson has played as well as he'd like and certainly hasn't put up the numbers this year like he has in the past, [but] he has had some success in the Western Conference. He had some success with Edmonton. We had chances to see him many times."
http://articles.latimes.com/2002/mar...rts/sp-kings17
Quote:
The Kings hope the addition of Ronning, 36, will shore up a need they've been trying to address since they traded forwards Glen Murray and Jozef Stumpel to the Boston Bruins in October to acquire center Jason Allison.

Allison is their leading scorer, but the Kings have not been able to find a consistent point-producing second line.

Ronning will be integrated into the Kings' top six forwards when he skates with the team for the first time at this morning's practice in El Segundo and will make his King debut Monday night against the San Jose Sharks at San Jose.

Nicknamed "Rat," the 5-foot-8, 165-pound Ronning played in all 67 games for the Predators this season and led the team with 18 goals and 31 assists, numbers that would make him the Kings' third-leading scorer.

In 15 NHL seasons with the St. Louis Blues, Vancouver Canucks, Phoenix Coyotes and Predators, he has 792 points, including 279 goals.

"He's a very competitive player," King General Manager Dave Taylor said. "He's been very consistent, creating offense with all the teams that he's been with, particularly in Nashville the last few seasons, and we think he can help us to generate more offense, which we feel is one of our needs going down the stretch."

Old
02-10-2011, 03:33 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
The one thing I'm worried about is it seems other GM's are trading well before the deadline because they see the urgency to keep up in the west. DL is the type of guy who's gonna wait for something rather than go out and get it.

Always on the outside looking in.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:34 PM
DeeMeck

Find Mark Parrish....lol. I actually have a signed Kings jersey of his. Not too many of those running around I imagine.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Always on the outside looking in.
So in other words... he likes to window shop for a Maserati and goes home with a Buick?

Old
02-10-2011, 03:36 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
From what I've read Anson Carter had a sports hernia before the trade was made and, gasp, the Kings doctors missed it. Is there another team in the NHL who has been on a quest to fill out their top 6 longer than the LA Kings?

Old
02-10-2011, 03:37 PM
ShattStar03

These clowns do sling a lot of poo around (usually never materializes) but I found it interesting. So here it is.

The Fourth Period: Kings GM Dean Lombardi remains on the prowl for a top-line forward and appears itching to make a move to strengthen his team's chances at making the playoffs.
Los Angeles has been very active on the trade front, with reports claiming Lombardi has inquired about New York Rangers right wing Marian Gaborik and Buffalo Sabres sniper Thomas Vanek.

While neither Gaborik nor Vanek appear to be on the market, Lombardi is looking elsewhere and is believed to be dangling the likes of Wayne Simmonds as trade bait.
A number of teams have also approached the Kings about top prospect Brayden Schenn's availability. It was originally thought Schenn was untouchable, but Lombardi has supposedly opened up to the idea of trading away the young center.

The Kings are reportedly interested in Edmonton Oilers right wing Ales Hemsky, Ottawa Senators center Mike Fisher and Toronto Maple Leafs forward Kris Versteeg.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Capn Brown

What if we traded for Versteeg and then turn around & flip Versteeg to Florida for Booth?

Old
02-10-2011, 03:40 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
So in other words... he likes to window shop for a Maserati and goes home with a Buick?
Yes. I can see both sides of the argument. Some fans say wait for the best deal and if it doesn't come so what. Mike Fisher isn't going to bring the Cup by himself and the 1st rounder COULD be used for a better deal. I say could because some King fans have turned that possibility into fact much like the old games in hand argument. Just because you have games in hand does not mean you will win any of those games so it's a weak argument. On the other hand the fan in me wants to the Kings to be THAT team, the team that pulls of a Joe Thornton deal, where TSN is actually talking about them, where other fans actually remember LA has a team. I want the Kings to matter, deal or no deal. Just do something, baby?

Old
02-10-2011, 03:40 PM
ShattStar03

I really hope Lombardi isn't considering moving Schenn.. I mean seriously..

Unless someone like Parise is coming back, why would he do this?

Old
02-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
These clowns do sling a lot of poo around (usually never materializes) but I found it interesting. So here it is.

The Fourth Period: Kings GM Dean Lombardi remains on the prowl for a top-line forward and appears itching to make a move to strengthen his team's chances at making the playoffs.
Los Angeles has been very active on the trade front, with reports claiming HF Kings fans have inquired about New York Rangers right wing Marian Gaborik and Buffalo Sabres sniper Thomas Vanek.

While neither Gaborik nor Vanek appear to be on the market, HF Kings fans are looking elsewhere and is believed to be dangling the likes of Wayne Simmonds as trade bait.
A number of teams have also approached the Kings fans about top prospect Brayden Schenn's availability. It was originally thought Schenn was untouchable, but HF Kings fans have supposedly opened up to the idea of trading away the young center.

The Kings fans are reportedly interested in Edmonton Oilers right wing Ales Hemsky, Ottawa Senators center Mike Fisher and Toronto Maple Leafs forward Kris Versteeg.
Thats more like it.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:47 PM
johnjm22

McKenzie, who I think is one of the most respectable hockey journalists there is, thinks the Kings should try to acquire Hejduk.

While it doesn't seem realistic at first, if the Avs keep losing they could quickly become sellers. Colorado needs goaltending and defensive prospects. We make good trading partners.

Closed Thread