HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds acquire Fisher

Old
02-10-2011, 04:17 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Next year's center situation is interesting:

Lombardi
Fisher
Wilson (Maybe)
Goc UFA
O'Reilly RFA
Legwand
Spaling
Smithson

Ok you shift Wilson to wing, Legwand could play wing. Spaling to wing

Lombardi
Fisher
Goc UFA
O'Reilly
Legwand
Smithson

Goc can be gone due to UFA status.

Also, sounds like Poile is done unless something happens with injuries.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:19 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
True. I just woke up in a bad mood today I guess
I to woke up a bit confused, but when I found out we didnt give up 1 player and only our 1st and a conditional in 2012 I wasnt upset. That 1st and NJ's 2nd are probably only going to be 10-15 picks apart at most 20 in a not so deep draft. Not much difference in Poiles eyes I guess. Knowing him he probably already knows what he wants draft day.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:19 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Thinking about Fisher's cap hit for the next couple of seasons, having to re-sign Weber, and addressing actual team needs does anyone else think Fisher might be a piece to another trade later on?

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:21 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I to woke up a bit confused, but when I found out we didnt give up 1 player and only our 1st and a conditional in 2012 I wasnt upset. That 1st and NJ's 2nd are probably only going to be 10-15 picks apart at most 20 in a not so deep draft. Not much difference in Poiles eyes I guess. Knowing him he probably already knows what he wants draft day.
yeah I couldn't fall asleep until close to 5am, and then proceeded to sleep in until nearly 3pm... luckily I had nothing to do today, but I still hate that so it started my day off completely wrong. Then I saw the text from my brother about us acquiring Fisher and thought "Oh god what did we give up for him?" I guess a low first round pick in a weak draft when you have a high second rounder isn't so bad. I'm still hoping for an actual move to address offensive problems, though.

Old
02-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Lets wait till after the deadline. If we dont have a high offensive winger I will agree to you to an extent. But if Poile gets one of those players ex. Hemsky. He will look like a genius and this team will be a force
I also agree. I think there will be another move with you before trade deadline. Yes Fisher will help, but I see a package deal for a scoring threat.
I sure hope this doesn't hurt Spaling. I think he is an important piece to the Preds. Not sure who will be in the package, but something is going to happen.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:24 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
The more important pick gets better for the Sens the worse the Preds do.
yeah but the Preds aren't going to drop off that much if at all. By all means root against us, but I wouldn't get my hopes up much.

Old
02-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Also, sounds like Poile is done unless something happens with injuries.
What makes you think so?

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
yeah I couldn't fall asleep until close to 5am, and then proceeded to sleep in until nearly 3pm... luckily I had nothing to do today, but I still hate that so it started my day off completely wrong. Then I saw the text from my brother about us acquiring Fisher and thought "Oh god what did we give up for him?" I guess a low first round pick in a weak draft when you have a high second rounder isn't so bad. I'm still hoping for an actual move to address offensive problems, though.
Hahaha a lot like me, my older brother woke me up and was like "HUGE TRADE HUGE TRADE" in a sarcastic voice. I still think we need that game changer. We still have the parts to make it happen I just dont know if Poile wants to risk another big trade. It would be so awesome if he did though

Old
02-10-2011, 04:27 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
What makes you think so?
Sorry, per Poile on 1045 the zone. Listening on the net.

Old
02-10-2011, 04:27 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
I also agree. I think there will be another move with you before trade deadline. Yes Fisher will help, but I see a package deal for a scoring threat.
I sure hope this doesn't hurt Spaling. I think he is an important piece to the Preds. Not sure who will be in the package, but something is going to happen.
I'm not sure we can afford to move Spaling. Our PK has been devastating this season, and he is a HUGE part of that. Scoring, especially on the PP, is key to success in the play offs, but keeping other teams from scoring on the PP is just as important in my opinion. I do HOPE we'll be making another move, but I'm not expecting it. Too many years as a Preds fans. We've seen this episode before.

Old
02-10-2011, 04:29 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I too hope Spaling doesnt get moved. But there are teams interested in Smitty. Though I dont think he will be moved. We have to many NHL players right now but not that elite offensive player. We honestly do need to make another move. To many roster players if were healthy and we need to trade 1 of big 3 d prospects. I would hope its Blum.

Old
02-10-2011, 04:31 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Hahaha a lot like me, my older brother woke me up and was like "HUGE TRADE HUGE TRADE" in a sarcastic voice. I still think we need that game changer. We still have the parts to make it happen I just dont know if Poile wants to risk another big trade. It would be so awesome if he did though
As BFC (and possibly others. I haven't read the entire thread yet) has mentioned, we will certainly have to move salary somewhere before making another move. Even a rental will be next to impossible to sneak in if we have a hard budget at the mid-point. Anything can happen now. We stand pat. We make a move with another team that includes at least one roster player. Or we find a way to make a three way move that includes a roster player.

Old
02-10-2011, 04:32 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

BFC, I didn't realize Poile was on the zone. Can you, or someone, post a recap after the interview?

Old
02-10-2011, 04:34 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
As BFC (and possibly others. I haven't read the entire thread yet) has mentioned, we will certainly have to move salary somewhere before making another move. Even a rental will be next to impossible to sneak in if we have a hard budget at the mid-point. Anything can happen now. We stand pat. We make a move with another team that includes at least one roster player. Or we find a way to make a three way move that includes a roster player.
I think a 3 for 1 might be the case if that were to happen. Maybe like Ward, Blum, Sully/Dumont.

Old
02-10-2011, 04:35 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quick synopsis:

Poile sounded Giddy

He was working on this for a couple of weeks, saw Ottawa spiraling and was in constant conversations with Ottawa.

Puts players in their place for solid lines.

Likes the players he has on the roster now.

Old
02-10-2011, 04:40 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Quick synopsis:

Poile sounded Giddy

He was working on this for a couple of weeks, saw Ottawa spiraling and was in constant conversations with Ottawa.

Puts players in their place for solid lines.

Likes the players he has on the roster now.
He may like them all, but I would trade two of them I like for one I realllllly like!

Old
02-10-2011, 04:41 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Re calculated the numbers

Current numbers: 51.21 Million right now thus .19 or 190K left under the cap

Next year:

46.007 Million with Spaling, Halischuk, Kostitsyn, O'Reilly as RFA forwards

Weber, Laakso as RFA D-men

UFA's Goc, O'Brien, Svatos, Belak, Ward, Sully.

Nashville is at 18 forward including IRs thus a lot of these guys can go to pay for UFA and RFAs Nashville wants.

And the cap goes up and the rumor is the cap goes up 3 million.

The forwards that are on the roster will be the forwards on the roster next year.

Erat Lombardi Kostisyn
Wilson Fisher Hornqvist
Dumont O'Reilly Legwand
Spaling Smithson Halischuk
Tootoo

Weber gets paid. Laakso replaces Sulzer.

Weber-Suter
Bouillon-Klein
Franson-
Laakso

Question becomes who replaces O'Brien? Blum?

Weber-Suter
Bouillon-Klein
Franson-Blum
Laakso

Old
02-10-2011, 04:45 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Ward is 4th in the Preds in PK time.

As for Tootoo's PR value, I think Mr. and Mrs. Underwood top it by a mile.
In the most gentlemanly way, I think you are wrong. NOt going to debate it, but I don't think you realize how popular tootoo is with the kiddos and ladies, two demographics the preds are preying on and want to when they are old enough to make financial decisions.

edit: (that sounded kinda bad)

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

One thing that I like about this move is:

a.) You guys are going to be tough to score against in the playoffs.

I mean you have 3/4 two-way C's who can score pretty decently. All are gritty and all can cycle.

Your physicality will just wear teams down. You'll frustrate them and then jump on their mistakes.

b.) Your PK is going to be ridiculously efficient. You guys have SO many guys that can play effectively on the PK, come playoff time, you guys should not have an issue of a tired body on the PK. While it doesn't seem important now, it'll be huge come playoff time.

c.) Havign the NJ 2nd is pretty close to having your own 1st. You guys aren't really missing that much.

Upon further thinking upon it, great trade for you guys.

While you guys don't have the offensive superstar, you guys do have 3 50 pt two-way C's. It's scoring by committee(assuming Lombardi comes back) and I think you guys will be fine.

It's going to be tough to score on you guys, and if opponents aren't physical enough, they may be out hit and choked offensively to the point where they break.

Rooting for you guys in the west! Good luck!

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Re calculated the numbers

Current numbers: 51.21 Million right now thus .19 or 190K left under the cap

Next year:

46.007 Million with Spaling, Halischuk, Kostitsyn, O'Reilly as RFA forwards

Weber, Laakso as RFA D-men

UFA's Goc, O'Brien, Svatos, Belak, Ward, Sully.

Nashville is at 18 forward including IRs thus a lot of these guys can go to pay for UFA and RFAs Nashville wants.

And the cap goes up and the rumor is the cap goes up 3 million.

The forwards that are on the roster will be the forwards on the roster next year.

Erat Lombardi Kostisyn
Wilson Fisher Hornqvist
Dumont O'Reilly Legwand
Spaling Smithson Halischuk
Tootoo

Weber gets paid. Laakso replaces Sulzer.

Weber-Suter
Bouillon-Klein
Franson-
Laakso

Question becomes who replaces O'Brien? Blum?

Weber-Suter
Bouillon-Klein
Franson-Blum
Laakso
I have a feeling Josi might be the replacement. The coaches of the ADS praise his game. Sounds like the fans are to. Blum has been good but I think Josi has the higher upside. I think other teams know about Blum more as well so I think Blum has a higher chance of getting traded. Were not going to trade Ellis unless its in a PHAT deal.

Old
02-10-2011, 04:48 PM
senatoilers*

You guys will be chanting his name in the playoffs. Congrats. You just acquired one of the most underrated players in the league.

senatoilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:49 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Halischuk and Spaling can go back to Milwaukee but frankly I think Ward/Tootoo are on the Block. 90K is left under the mid-point and the mid-point is determined by the cash spent not cap number.

Lombardi and O'Reilly are done for the year in my mind and the only two players who are coming back are Tootoo and Svatos.

I joked about Ward going to Atlanta for a pick. Atlanta needs PK and defense help.

Ward/Blum for ATL's 1st +?
Tootoo wont be traded, at least not until he's all the way back from rehab, which probably would be summer at the earliest.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:52 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
by the time everyone is back couldn't you waive Belak? obviously not to save money, but just to get down to 23. we'll mostly be passed the time on the schedule you run out your fighters and thugs, and we'll have Toots for all but the true heavyweights. you don't get Toots back then we're fine anyway.
I dont think Poile would do that to Belak.

if we end up in a pinch for a roster spot most likely Svatos either gets waived or even more likely stays on IR until we can expand the roster.

Old
02-10-2011, 04:58 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Thinking about Fisher's cap hit for the next couple of seasons, having to re-sign Weber, and addressing actual team needs does anyone else think Fisher might be a piece to another trade later on?
no.

This is Poile and trotz's kind of player.

We will have three centers all with enough offensive potential that teams cant neglect them but all defensively responsible enough to be out against another teams top line.

With nashvilles budget and game plan it makes more sense to have three 4 million dollar guys who can all score 20 than tying up 8 million in one guy who scores 40, that all the other teams can key on.

Old
02-10-2011, 05:06 PM
senatoilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Let's not go overboard, he's not even top 3.
He's your best forward now. You'll see saturday

senatoilers* is offline   Reply With Quote