HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Team Building Exercise on Steroids: Habs lose 8-6 in the craziest game of the year.

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2011, 03:29 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
To his defense, he doesn't have many options that wouldn't be considered the 'goon squad'.
True enough..

Anyway I just read on Bob McKenzie's twitter and it looks like there will be no discipline for anything during last nights game..

Quote:
In case anyone was wondering, no follow up or supplementary discipline coming out of last night's BOS-MTL 1970s flashback.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:30 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
To his defense, he doesn't have many options that wouldn't be considered the 'goon squad'.
That option is called :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude Julien
If you apes start any ***** during these last minutes, I'm gonna bench you down until you retire!

Old
02-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if Julien got fined for sending out the goon squad in a game that was practically over..

Pierre Mcguire said during the game that the Bruins should expect a call from the NHL for their antics at the end last night.. So any word on if they did?
They didn't, no.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:32 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Julien got fined for sending out the goon squad in a game that was practically over..

Pierre Mcguire said during the game that the Bruins should expect a call from the NHL for their antics at the end last night.. So any word on if they did?
From Bob Mackenzie's twitter: "In case anyone was wondering, no follow up or supplementary discipline coming out of last night's BOS-MTL 1970s flashback."

Old
02-10-2011, 03:35 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
From Bob Mackenzie's twitter: "In case anyone was wondering, no follow up or supplementary discipline coming out of last night's BOS-MTL 1970s flashback."
Does the league typically fine teams for stuff like that? Can't remember.

I do think the refs need to be spoken to though. They let that game get way out of hand. Completely lost control.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
True enough..

Anyway I just read on Bob McKenzie's twitter and it looks like there will be no discipline for anything during last nights game..
Unbelievable.

So I guess the "no hitting a player during obvious icing calls" is now a wash, as well as the "fighting with less then a few minutes left in the game, instigator".

Old
02-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Smokies430

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Unbelievable.

So I guess the "no hitting a player during obvious icing calls" is now a wash, as well as the "fighting with less then a few minutes left in the game, instigator".
Not to mention repeatedly punching a non willing opponent with a fist covered with a hard plastic elbow pad. (however that was the head of discipline's son so I can't really expect any discipline for him)

Old
02-10-2011, 03:50 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokies430 View Post
Not to mention repeatedly punching a non willing opponent with a fist covered with a hard plastic elbow pad. (however that was the head of discipline's son so I can't really expect any discipline for him)
I don't understand this one at all, Cambell was using a weapon while punching Pyatt. The team owner better give Bettman a call and get some answers why a player can use an object to punch an opponent because if he is going to allow this I would arm the Habs with brass knuckles next time they meet.

One other idea is to threaten to call up three enforcers for the next game. If Boston bites and they call up McGratton you then claim him off of waiver and use him to beat up Thornton It doesn't even cost us any picks and we get an enforcer.

Old
02-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokies430 View Post
If one of the Habs did that to the Bruins, they would be crying all over the main board.

I hope the Habs sent the tape of the fight to the league or something. I don't care if it was intentional or not, he repeatedly hit Pyatt's face with a weapon causing injury, that should be called out.

Old
02-10-2011, 04:16 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:

There's the problem

Old
02-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Nidema

Honestly, I'm sick of all this media saying we can't match up to Boston and their toughness.

This is the first time we lost to them in over a whole season. We're 3-1 against them this season without being "tough".

People are talking like this is the 100th time we got whipped by Boston physically and on the score line.

It's ridiculous. We beat Boston, we are criticized of playing dirty but soft. We lose to them, all of a sudden, we're the biggest pansies in the league. This dichotomy is ridiculously overblown.

I'm sure no one accused us of being soft, lacking heart or grit when we came back 0-2 down and beat them 3-2 in OT last game. Or how the Bruins lacked heart and grit when they were up 3-0 in the series against Philly.

Old
02-10-2011, 06:13 PM
roy munson

The game against NYI is about to start and my thoughts are still about last night's game.

Old
02-10-2011, 06:16 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

This thread is about to reach 1,000 and yeah... Time to shut it down.

Closed Thread