HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Booth to the Kings

Old
02-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Booth to the Kings

To LAK:
David Booth
Joonas Donskoi

To FLA:
Oscar Moller/Slava Voynov
Jordan Weal
1st round pick

or alternatively

To LAK:
David Booth

To FLA:
Oscar Moller/Slava Voynov
1st round pick

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:09 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Handzuz + Prospect + 1st would work for the Panthers IMO. The just traded Frolik; they would need a legitimate NHLer back.

02-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Handzuz + Prospect + 1st would work for the Panthers IMO. The just traded Frolik; they would need a legitimate NHLer back.
I wouldn't be opposed to moving Handzus but he has a NTC.

Ponikarovsky could be had, for sure, but I don't know that he has any value right now.

Old
02-09-2011, 10:18 PM
markisonfire

Poni still has some value, and he has an expiring contract. I don't know if Handzus would waive to go to Florida considering all the work he has put in with the Kings and that he is on a "contender". Either way, I think Booth could be had on the Kings.

To Kings: David Booth, FLA 3rd round 2011
To Panthers: LA 1st 2011, Slava Voynov/Thomas Hickey, Jordan Weal/Brandon Kozun, Alexei Ponikarovsky

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'd give Florida the option of selecting any one of Hickey, Teubert or Muzzin along with a 1st and their pick from Parse, Moller or Kozun.

It would be the equivalent of surrendering two 1sts and a mid-round level pick with the prospects involved.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Martyros

They'll want Toffoli, much like every other team. Of course Kings will counter with Voynov due to defensive depth.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Poni still has some value, and he has an expiring contract. I don't know if Handzus would waive to go to Florida considering all the work he has put in with the Kings and that he is on a "contender". Either way, I think Booth could be had on the Kings.

To Kings: David Booth, FLA 3rd round 2011
To Panthers: LA 1st 2011, Slava Voynov/Thomas Hickey, Jordan Weal/Brandon Kozun, Alexei Ponikarovsky

I can see a much bigger trade coming out of LAK-FLA

Weiss+Booth for Schenn+Hickey+Poni+Salary

Maybe the salary is Stoll if Weiss is coming.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:41 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post

Well now things are getting a bit complicated. I think Stoll does his job just fine on the second line and has only 5 less points than Weiss. In my opinion, both Weiss and Stoll are good second line centers, despite what people might say about Stoll. They are both good at taking faceoffs, too. The difference is in the way that they play. Weiss would probably be a better fit on the Kings second line than Stoll is. Let's see...

To Kings: Booth, Weiss
To Florida: LA 1st 2011, Schenn, Voynov, Stoll, Ponikarovsky.

Booth-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Weiss-Williams
Clifford-Handzus-Simmonds
Sturm-Lewis-Richardson

I wouldn't mind that.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Well now things are getting a bit complicated. I think Stoll does his job just fine on the second line and has only 5 less points than Weiss. In my opinion, both Weiss and Stoll are good second line centers, despite what people might say about Stoll. They are both good at taking faceoffs, too. The difference is in the way that they play. Weiss would probably be a better fit on the Kings second line than Stoll is. Let's see...

Booth-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Weiss-Williams
Sturm-Lewis-Richardson

I wouldn't mind that.
Take Schenn out and maybe. With him in that deal, no way no how. Schenn will be able to match Weiss's production in two years or less.

Old
02-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Sorry to break to you guys but, Stoll and/or Schenn are not going anywhere.

Dave in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 11:36 PM
ShootIt

If Booth is traded, I don't think small players will be coming back in return.
Plus, we are loaded at defensive prospects. * For the other proposals.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 05:18 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:

Booth-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Weiss-Williams
Sturm-Lewis-Richardson

I wouldn't mind that.
I would. That's WAY too much talent going to Florida.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 07:02 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
I would. That's WAY too much talent going to Florida.
Yea, that's a massive overpayment, especially when booths health is still a question mark.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:35 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Booth's health is a question mark, I agree, and he has 15 goals in 28 points in 51 games. He's not shown he has completely rebounded from that concussion, and in the last two seasons he has 79 combined games, scoring 23 goals and 44 points.

How is that worth a 1st, and between one and two decent prospects?

this isn't even our big year to make a push anyway, most Kings fans agree to this, so why spend two or three good pieces of our future and our trade depth for what is right now yet another second line winger? How does this solve any of our needs? Booth isn't a 1st liner at this stage, and he isn't a second line centre upgrade, the two big needs we have.

This trade makes no sense, the Kings are overpaying, and they aren't even solving a need.

Huge pass.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Sideline

I'm also not convinced Booth is worth a whole lot. He's not exactly a cap hit bargain even if he consistently hits 25+25 for the remained of his deal and his actual dollar salary is greater than his cap hit by 1.25 million over the next three seasons. Adding in injury concerns and I think at this point he's pretty much worth what Joffrey Lupul got maybe less.

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post

There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn.....................

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:58 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn. There is no deal involving Schenn.....................
They should post this as the HF banner until after the trade deadline...

Old
02-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Booth's health is a question mark, I agree, and he has 15 goals in 28 points in 51 games. He's not shown he has completely rebounded from that concussion, and in the last two seasons he has 79 combined games, scoring 23 goals and 44 points.

How is that worth a 1st, and between one and two decent prospects?

this isn't even our big year to make a push anyway, most Kings fans agree to this, so why spend two or three good pieces of our future and our trade depth for what is right now yet another second line winger? How does this solve any of our needs? Booth isn't a 1st liner at this stage, and he isn't a second line centre upgrade, the two big needs we have.

This trade makes no sense, the Kings are overpaying, and they aren't even solving a need.

Huge pass.
Booth isn't a rental though, like you're making him out to be. He was drafted in '04 and he's 26. He'd be the best winger in our organization immediately, assuming he's healthy. I think he'd pot 30-40 on Kopi's wing. The trade wouldn't be able to go through if he still had lingering concussion issues, he'd have to pass a physical.

Old
02-10-2011, 07:35 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Booth isn't a rental though, like you're making him out to be. He was drafted in '04 and he's 26. He'd be the best winger in our organization immediately, assuming he's healthy. I think he'd pot 30-40 on Kopi's wing. The trade wouldn't be able to go through if he still had lingering concussion issues, he'd have to pass a physical.
How did I make him out to be a rental? I made him out to be potentially damaged goods, which is possible given his lackluster production since his injury. Obviously he'd pass a physical, he's playing now. It's one thing to pass a physical and another to play the way you did before you got hurt.

As well, name a winger LA has been linked to on HF that wouldn't supposedly score 30-40 goals on Kopitar's wing. Why can't Williams, Frolov, Brown, Smyth, etc score 40 on his wing? Because they aren't 40 goal guys, and neither is Booth. He's a steady, reliable 25/25 guy, and while that's nice, it's not what we need.

As well, if Booth is our best winger in the orgnaization immediately, we have a bigger problem than just Booth could solve anyways. That said, i doubt that's true anyways, and I'd put Brown, Smyth and Williams for sure ahead of him. Booth has only scored more than 40 points once in a season and hasn't looked as good since coming back from his injury.

Old
02-10-2011, 07:54 PM
wej20

Quote:
How did I make him out to be a rental? I made him out to be potentially damaged goods, which is possible given his lackluster production since his injury. Obviously he'd pass a physical, he's playing now. It's one thing to pass a physical and another to play the way you did before you got hurt.

As well, name a winger LA has been linked to on HF that wouldn't supposedly score 30-40 goals on Kopitar's wing. Why can't Williams, Frolov, Brown, Smyth, etc score 40 on his wing? Because they aren't 40 goal guys, and neither is Booth. He's a steady, reliable 25/25 guy, and while that's nice, it's not what we need.

As well, if Booth is our best winger in the orgnaization immediately, we have a bigger problem than just Booth could solve anyways. That said, i doubt that's true anyways, and I'd put Brown, Smyth and Williams for sure ahead of him. Booth has only scored more than 40 points once in a season and hasn't looked as good since coming back from his injury.

Booth has already had a 30 goal season (was on pace for 35) so him putting up 30 on Kopitar's wing is certainly a possibility.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 11:21 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Booth has already had a 30 goal season (was on pace for 35) so him putting up 30 on Kopitar's wing is certainly a possibility.
Of course it is. That wasn't my point. My point is every winger we've talked on this board about getting is immediately going to have a minimum of 30 goals playing on Koppy's wing. He might, he might not, but the way he's played since coming back from his concussion doesn't support it, nevermind possibly 40 goals.

Old
02-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Booth is a hell of a lot like Brown, and lots of Kings fans love to hate Brown. If the Kings got Booth, we'd be hearing the same **** about the two of them pretty quick.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 01:17 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I love Brown. When Kings fans lower their expectations and except he's a 25 g, 60 point player who will run through walls to win, then they won't be haters anymore.

If Brown was on Colorado, all Kings fans would be begging to get him.

Old
02-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
I love Brown. When Kings fans lower their expectations and except he's a 25 g, 60 point player who will run through walls to win, then they won't be haters anymore.

If Brown was on Colorado, all Kings fans would be begging to get him.
Oh I know, it's just ridiculous.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote