HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Binghamton Senators Continued

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2011, 01:02 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

vCash: 500
Mike Hoffman had an assist in Elmira's 6-3 loss in Las Vegas last nite...................

Bailey had no points Cowick was scratched.

Next Elmira plays 3 games in 3 nites @ Ontario CA Friday through Sunday.

Old
02-09-2011, 05:56 AM
koreaboy

ugh. scratched in the E?? thats not good.

Old
02-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Ouroboros

Cowick wasn't scratched, he was suspended for one game.

Old
02-09-2011, 07:41 AM
koreaboy

ahh. thats better then. when one of your prospects can't crack an ECHL lineup, you know he aint much of a prospect.

Old
02-09-2011, 09:39 AM
mianjo

19 Mike Hoffman F 3 0 4 4 +1 0 0 0 1.33 0.00 4

Stats with Elmira

Old
02-09-2011, 01:10 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Cowick wasn't scratched, he was suspended for one game.
Opps sorry my error Ouroboros. I stand corrected.

Thanks for that information.

Old
02-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!

Cowick & Hoffman recalled by Bingo, replacing Butler & O'Brien who have been recalled by Ottawa (due to Alfredsson & Winchester injuries).

Old
02-10-2011, 09:48 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Ice chips via Joy 02-10-2011

Recently recalled forwards Mike Hoffman and Corey Cowick on the ice for #BSens practice. Defensemen Eric Gryba and Geoff Kinrade missing.

Tim Spencer dressed as a d-man with Gryba and Kinrade not practicing and David Hale (illness) still out.

Old
02-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Cupcheck

Kiss Butler and OB goodbye long term... and our playoff hopes are not far behind.

Old
02-10-2011, 01:29 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

More from today.

Lines: Greening-Locke-Keller, Wick-Daugavins-Condra, Hoffman-Bass-Dziurzynski, Cowick-Tifu-Lessard. #BSens

Top power play: Locke- Tifu-Keller, Benoit-Smith. Second: Wick-Daugavins-Condra, Hoffman-Wiercioch. #BSens about 2 hours ago

Old
02-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Cat Herder
Formerly BigSensFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcheck View Post
Kiss Butler and OB goodbye long term... and our playoff hopes are not far behind.

The Sens could be getting prospects back in other trades, so dont be so hasty in declaring doom

That said, The BSens exist to provide for the OSENS .. just like Elmira exists to provide for Bingo

Old
02-10-2011, 02:57 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Tim Spencer sent to Florida Everblades

With Mike Hoffman and Corey Cowick back up from #ECHL Elmira Jackals, the #BSens have assigned Tim Spencer to Florida Everblades.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Marble

Quote:
Odds are that one will come back down when Winchester gets healthy. Hopefully some players come back in other deals though.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Cupcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSensFan View Post
The Sens could be getting prospects back in other trades, so dont be so hasty in declaring doom

That said, The BSens exist to provide for the OSENS .. just like Elmira exists to provide for Bingo

Sure we exist to provide for the OSENS, in a good working relationship though one hand washes the other. Why do owners want to make the playoffs?? MONEY, playoff revinue, and increased interest in their product, etc. It works no differently in the AHL. No playoffs means no playoff money, it means waning interest in the product, etc. The Ottawa Senators owe it to the owners of the Binghamton Senators and to the fans to help us make the playoffs for the first time in 6 years. The attitude of "we exist to provide you" and we don't care how your season ends blah blah blah is why we down here are frustrated with the Ottawa Brass and the Ottawa fans.

It will truely be a test of their loyalty on Clear Day this year to see who's on the roster. With a year like this, with there being no hope for Ottawa to make the playoffs, you'd think that an extra effort would be made for Binghamton to make it. We'll see if that's true or not.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Bileur

Quote:
Sure we exist to provide for the OSENS, in a good working relationship though one hand washes the other. Why do owners want to make the playoffs?? MONEY, playoff revinue, and increased interest in their product, etc. It works no differently in the AHL. No playoffs means no playoff money, it means waning interest in the product, etc. The Ottawa Senators owe it to the owners of the Binghamton Senators and to the fans to help us make the playoffs for the first time in 6 years. The attitude of "we exist to provide you" and we don't care how your season ends blah blah blah is why we down here are frustrated with the Ottawa Brass and the Ottawa fans.

It will truely be a test of their loyalty on Clear Day this year to see who's on the roster. With a year like this, with there being no hope for Ottawa to make the playoffs, you'd think that an extra effort would be made for Binghamton to make it. We'll see if that's true or not.
At the same time would it not make sense for Ottawa to keep it's top prospects at the NHL level to gain experience for next season? If they flop it can't really hurt us in the standings since we're clearly tanking, and the experience can go a long way to getting the players ready for next season. If only to show them how much work they have to put in during the offseason.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Xspyrit

Minor league veterans, UFA college players, europeans... will be acquired in some ways...

It also leaves better opportunities to shine to players like DD, Hoffman, Wiercioch... well the guys who are not the most NHL ready (Butler, O'Brien,...)

We are basically living the same thing the Canes lived last year. What happened to their farm team? I dunno and no time to check it out right now...

Old
02-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Cupcheck

Sure, but doesn't it also make sense to try to get guys professional playoff experience? The Ottawa brass doesn't give any value to making the playoffs at the minor league level which makes zero sense to me and is unfortunate for the fans and owners in Binghamton. Playoff experience at any level goes a long way, IMO. Winning breeds winners.

I think it's a win win for everyone involved if Binghamton makes the playoffs, which they are on track to do, but could easily be derailed from if Ottawa guts their team.

Ottawa wins because their guys get playoff experience.
The fans win because they get playoff hockey for the first time in 6 years.
The Binghamton Owners win because they get playoff revenue for the first time in 6 years.

Old
02-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Cupcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Veterans, UFA college players,... will be acquired in some ways...

It also leaves better opportunities to shine to players like DD, Hoffman, Wiercioch... well the guys who are not the most NHL ready (Butler, O'Brien,...)

We are basically living the same thing the Canes lived last year. What happened to their farm team? I dunno and no time to check it out right now...

Are you F'ing kidding me?? Vets??? Who's out there just waiting for a phone call to come to Binghamton mid season who is going to make a difference, to make up for losing top prospects??? LOL!

You're right, I should be excited by the fact that guys who are proven point producers are going to be gone so others can have opportunities... come on, seriously...

The 'Canes farm team, Norfolk, missed the playoffs last year. From March on they went 6-11 and missed the playoffs by 2 points. Now that's reassuring!!!

Old
02-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Are you F'ing kidding me?? Vets??? Who's out there just waiting for a phone call to come to Binghamton mid season who is going to make a difference, to make up for losing top prospects??? LOL!

You're right, I should be excited by the fact that guys who are proven point producers are going to be gone so others can have opportunities... come on, seriously...

The 'Canes farm team, Norfolk, missed the playoffs last year. From March on they went 6-11 and missed the playoffs by 2 points. Now that's reassuring!!!
lol another "enjoyable dude" among the long list of Bingo fans... Seriously, do you have a toxic plant in Binghamton?

Take it easy dude, take a deep breath and read my post again. I have updated it to be more clear : minor league veterans.

Ok, now that I have read more than your 1st sentence, you're even more a case of facepalm... seriously relax dude, we are talking about a freaking AHL team. Why would you go nuts for something like that? It's an entertainement

My NHL team is sucking hardcore and I'm not even stressed or losing sleep at night. Why? Because I have a freaking life. I even think it's an interesting situation, something I haven't went through as a Sens fan (since 1997), as they made the playoffs 12 times in the last 13 years. It's brand new and we are looking up for a totally new team.

I didn't tell you to be excited about the situation, I'm just telling you what IS the situation, and it looks a lot like the Canes last year. If you can't accept sports reality, then you should stay away from it.

Old
02-10-2011, 07:47 PM
sensbing

Hey Cupcheck, save your breath. You can't debate 12 year old girls!!

Old
02-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Cupcheck

You're telling me to get a life, you're the one with nearly 9k posts on a message board. I just want to see my team make the playoffs for a change and have it not taken away by the parent club.

I'm trying to understand your post better. Are you saying the b-sens are going to sign AHL Vets this year to come in and help? Same for college kids?

If so, sure we get a few players from Juniors and College at the end of the season when their seasons end, but that's it. Its usually in the last 2 or 3 weeks of the year, not enough time for the player to really get his feet wet in the AHL or mesh with the team.

Also, there is a veteran limit in the AHL, you can't just load up the whole team with Vets. You're allowed to dress i believe 6 veterans each game. We have Locke, Keller, Smith, Benoit, Lessard and Hale. No room for more veterans.

Old
02-10-2011, 09:38 PM
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!

Quote:
I just want to see my team make the playoffs for a change and have it not taken away by the parent club.
I think the only way one can root for a farm team and be happy is to also root for the parent club, because what you're describing could happen to any farm team. I think the problem with Bingo fans is that most of them are not also Ottawa fans, and couldn't care less about what is good for Ottawa. I don't know if fans of, say, Providence are in that same situation.

Old
02-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEasy View Post
I think the only way one can root for a farm team and be happy is to also root for the parent club, because what you're describing could happen to any farm team. I think the problem with Bingo fans is that most of them are not also Ottawa fans, and couldn't care less about what is good for Ottawa. I don't know if fans of, say, Providence are in that same situation.
That's true, as farm teams have that revolving door w/ NHL affiliate's, nature of the beast..ain't gonna change

Old
02-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Skrymir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
That's true, as farm teams have that revolving door w/ NHL affiliate's, nature of the beast..ain't gonna change
You'd hope that would change over time since Ottawa has been affiliated with Bingo for a number of years now. Though I do sympathize with Binghamton fans as they have been given a sub-par product watch for many many of those years. Hopefully the rebuild brings more talent to Bingo as well.

Old
02-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrymir View Post
You'd hope that would change over time since Ottawa has been affiliated with Bingo for a number of years now. Though I do sympathize with Binghamton fans as they have been given a sub-par product watch for many many of those years. Hopefully the rebuild brings more talent to Bingo as well.
Actually, I am a fan of the Ottawa Senators as I watch players go through Bingo and end up having successful NHL careers wherever..I also love going to SBP to watch some games every year and it's a great experience in Ottawa..

I have no ill feelings towards Ottawa fan's as a whole..

Closed Thread