HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

King's lose to Pittsburgh's AHL Team 2-1 in OT - Postgame Thoughts

Old
02-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Malice430

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Your commentators are almost as bad as the Ducks.. How do you listen to them lol? I'd kill myself
yea....that was necessary

Malice430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
guess we will just have to beat the Caps and the Flyers then
I would take a split or two OT losses (maybe a win and an OT loss). Either will be hard to come by.

Capitals will be flying at home on a Saturday morning while we'll need to handle the storm of their offense.

And then we get to play the Flyers who don't look like they ever lose anymore.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Kings could have used a speedy fourth line tonight. Too bad the Kings don't have a fast skater that can play center and wing.

Seriously, how can people defend Murray's lineup decisions and system anymore? Unless there are injuries, you don't change a winning lineup. Especially if you are taking out skill for a goon.
One of the worst parts of it, imo, is that Clifford and Lewis by extension get nailed to the bench. Lewis is the ONE shift I saw him get in the 3rd was all over the ice and Clifford had that great chance. It's just plain stupid to complete eliminate the fourth line by dressing him. I have not been one to be on the fire Murray bandwagon but I am getting close. Question is...how many coaches does Lombardi have?

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Orenji

If Murray didn't get fired during a stretch of 2 wins in 11 games (4 points out of a possible 22), he will not be fired during a stretch of seven games where we have 12 of the possible 14 points.

Old
02-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Your commentators are almost as bad as the Ducks.. How do you listen to them lol? I'd kill myself
None of us like them, trust me. I have Gamecenterlive and try to watch the opposing feed as much as possible. I actually love Bob Miller and Jim Fox, it's a shame the NHL Network didn't use their feed tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Thing is, even with all the injuries up front, the Pens have Fleury and that blueline corps might be the best in the league. Not to mention one of the top coaches. Really I know Malkin is done but if Crosby gets back and the Pens can add a winger I could see them winning the Cup for sure.
If Crosby comes back near top form I could see the team winning a couple rounds, especially if the deadline goes favorably, but it's hard to see us getting past Philly or Boston.

It's unfortunate for you guys that you have to play in the West. The Kings are easily a playoff team in the East.

Anyways, best of luck for the rest of the year.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Wonder what's up with Clifford?

I mean, I'm sure the coaching staff is working with him on improving his game, but right now, he's just 'there.' He's not being a sparkplug, he doesn't throw big hits, he's apparently been asked to rein in the fighting...what gives?

Not blaming the loss on him...just wonder what's going on there. I'm much more worried about the invisibility of Kopitar and this team's ability to finish...though yeah, when I realized the Pens were down men, I just KNEW we were gonna have issues. Terry Murray SUCKS at getting this team prepared for these sorts of games.

That being said, we got a point, and hopefully the guys are pissed off about it and ready to play next time.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
guess we will just have to beat the Caps and the Flyers then

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Orenji

Clifford is fine, but he is a terrible finisher and always finds himself somehow with the puck right in front of the net. Not his fault, being a rookie who didn't even expect to be on the team this year and not expected to score many goals, but it does get a little frustrating.

Kopitar is either injured, fatigued, or just really losing it. He needs some sort of spark to get going. He should have been driving to the net and getting chances on Fleury all night. No one on the Penguins could stop him one-on-one in their forward line-up.

Old
02-10-2011, 09:15 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Wonder what's up with Clifford?

I mean, I'm sure the coaching staff is working with him on improving his game, but right now, he's just 'there.' He's not being a sparkplug, he doesn't throw big hits, he's apparently been asked to rein in the fighting...what gives?

Not blaming the loss on him...just wonder what's going on there. I'm much more worried about the invisibility of Kopitar and this team's ability to finish...though yeah, when I realized the Pens were down men, I just KNEW we were gonna have issues. Terry Murray SUCKS at getting this team prepared for these sorts of games.

That being said, we got a point, and hopefully the guys are pissed off about it and ready to play next time.

Where'd you hear that? I agree with him not being a spark plug though, he never really runs around throwing hits but maybe thats just him being a rookie idk. He also needs to work on finishing at the net, he's had tons of chances to get goals but he just can't finish. He is a rookie though so he can improve on all this.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Malice430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Kopitar is either injured, fatigued, or just really losing it. He needs some sort of spark to get going. He should have been driving to the net and getting chances on Fleury all night. No one on the Penguins could stop him one-on-one in their forward line-up.
maybe hes protesting not having a left winger for the whole season

Malice430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Clifford is fine, but he is a terrible finisher and always finds himself somehow with the puck right in front of the net. Not his fault, being a rookie who didn't even expect to be on the team this year and not expected to score many goals, but it does get a little frustrating.

I don't think he's injured. I think he had enough with his rotating line mates. Brown is in his own world, he's not helping Kopi out. He just got tired of always doing it himself imo.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:

Very true. Not BLAMING Clifford for anything, really. Just wondering what the staff is working on if he's not scrapping or even being a lunatic like he used to.

I agree with Kopitar. No clue why the invisibility. If Poni can take one of their best defensemen wide and muscle his way to the front of the net, damn right Kopi should be able to.

Oh yeah, and screw Letang.

I have no idea why I was so nerd-rage, throw-my-remote-at-the-screen mad about this game.

Old
02-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
If Murray didn't get fired during a stretch of 2 wins in 11 games (4 points out of a possible 22), he will not be fired during a stretch of seven games where we have 12 of the possible 14 points.
I don't expect him to be fired during the season, that would be a bold move. Lombardi doesn't make bold moves and it will probably cost him his job. Dean would make a great assistant GM or head of scouting.

I give Dean and Murray one more year of failing to get to the second round before they are fired. They both just received contract extension and we all know how important the bottom line is for AEG.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Where'd you hear that? I agree with him not being a spark plug though, he never really runs around throwing hits but maybe thats just him being a rookie idk. He also needs to work on finishing at the net, he's had tons of chances to get goals but he just can't finish. He is a rookie though so he can improve on all this.
Sorry, didn't hear anything; pure speculation on my part. Just haven't seen anything resembling emotion from him in a while.

Old
02-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I don't think he's injured. I think he had enough with his rotating line mates. Brown is in his own world, he's not helping Kopi out. He just got tired of always doing it himself imo.
Do you really believe that? Wow, if that was true, the Kings are screwed. That would be depressing.

Old
02-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Sorry, didn't hear anything; pure speculation on my part. Just haven't seen anything resembling emotion from him in a while.
That is how Murray is. Teams take on the personality of their coach.

Old
02-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Orenji

I don't know why Kopitar would tire himself out. He didn't drive to the net or attack the Penguins.

If anyone is tired, it should be Doughty. He drove to the net, hustled back, played behind the net. He was everywhere tonight. He looked even faster in the third than he did in the first.

I wish Kopitar could have played with just a little bit of that.

Old
02-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Is our record with Westgarth now 16-20-1?

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
I think it is 16-19-2.

13-3-1 without him.

Old
02-10-2011, 09:31 PM
R0CKET

I'm beginning to think that we might need to move Kopitar. He is supposed to be THE leader of this team's offense and he can't disappear in the middle of the most important fight for the PO's of the season.

The dude HAS to accept responsibility, put the offense on his back and DELIVER.

If he's not consistent enough to be THAT guy, then maybe he gets moved. This is just stupid.

Marcel Dionne made goals happen no matter who was on his line, this guy's an off and on ghost.

If we don't make the PO's its because our offense failed us and he's the lead guy of that unit.

Do the math.

EDIT: Here's an idea. Bump Kopitar to the 3rd line and have Lokti center the first line. Its not like you are losing out on ANY offense when your top offensive center is giving you a goose egg game in and game out. Might be good for everything to see what happens. Something has to change or this season is toast.

Last edited by R0CKET: 02-10-2011 at 09:38 PM.
R0CKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:35 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
But we need to protect out players!!!!!!!

The insanity to think they can't play in the NHL without a 6'4 sandbag on the bench.

Insanity I say!

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:36 PM
ru4reals

I caught the game late and I thought Richardson was hurt. He was scratched for Westgarth? This idiot of a coach has got to go! Why in the world would you mess with the chemistry. Someone please show TM our record when Westgarth is in the lineup. Unbelievable.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

BROWN: “We didn’t really have a lot in the second period, offensively. I think we had two shots on net, and we kind of took our foot off the pedal. We had a good first. If we play 60 minutes tonight, we probably win this game in regulation."

Would be nice having a coach who can make adjustment during the game so that the team doesn't play like **** in the second period. Brown says the same **** after every loss.

Old
02-10-2011, 09:39 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
We need offense. That is all.

We had so many chances, and we did **** with them. Kopitar was bad 95% of the game.

Defense was fine. Loktionov and Stoll were the only two good offensive players.

Bad giveaway by Johnson at the end, but we should have won the game LONG before then. Just bad, bad, bad offensive finishing all night long. Zeus had a clear shot in front of goal with NO ONE COVERING HIM, and he just stood there for 5 minutes.
Exactly! Then, they pass up another shot from the point,waiting until the defenseman is in perfect position to block the shot. They did this 3 or 4 times tonight.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Jetteroheller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Westgarth should never be dressed. It's such a huge burden on the team be unable to roll 4 lines effectively. Scratching Richardson is an absolute joke; at this point of the season it is ridiculous that Westgarth is in the lineup
+1

Westgarth really had no business being dressed for the game.

Jetteroheller is offline   Reply With Quote