HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston interested in Tomas Kaberle

Old
02-10-2011, 04:11 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Pitkanen is a poor mans Kaberle, and we dont have to give up the TOR 1st or therefore give anything back to Toronto to get him.

No to Kaberle!
If you don't want to choke in the playoffs, you don't cheap out.

TeamBester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:30 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

These discussions are so childish.

Don't B's fans understand, we don't want Brad Marchand. You could keep him if you think he's all that great. No sense in making a bad proposal and then scrutinizing the fans that are rejecting it.

There's middle ground, it just won't be met on HFBoards because readers members here seem to have selective reading comprehension.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:37 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

These discussions are so childish.

Don't Bs fans get it? Toronto doesn't want Brad Marchand so if you think he's all that great then keep him. Boston fans make a crap proposal, Leafs fans reject and Boston fans follow up by saying, "fine, you won't nothing for him!" A Leafs fan make a crap proposal and Boston fans follow with some equally asinine comment, only from the other end of the spectrum. Very mature..

There's middle ground, it just won't be met on HFBoards because members here tend to have selective reading comprehension.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:55 PM
cupcrazyman
Homer J Fong

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
Burke is crazy if he thinks he is getting his first rounder back for a rental.
you don't even know if Boston is on Kabs little list of teams he wants to go to.

Burke won't be trading with Boston period !!!!

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 04:58 PM
cneely

For an impending UFA, you'd be very, very lucky to get a player like Marchand.

I'm a huge proponent of going after Kaberle. I think he's a great player and exactly what we need. But you would never, ever get me to trade Marchand.

Both players are being seriously underrated by the opposite fan base. Kaberle is a great defenseman, but Marchand is a fantastic rookie who's 4th in the NHL in plus minus, leads the league in short handed goals, and is on pace for 24 goals and almost 50 points, all the while earning $800k.

In a cap world, a guy like Marchand is gold.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
MLHS Joe C

Kaberle straight up for someone like Colborne or Caron is likely what Burke would ask for. Not sure he'd be able to get that, but it wouldn't be a ludicrous offer for either side.

MLHS Joe C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
BUNGLADEISH

vCash: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
For an impending UFA, you'd be very, very lucky to get a player like Marchand.

I'm a huge proponent of going after Kaberle. I think he's a great player and exactly what we need. But you would never, ever get me to trade Marchand.

Both players are being seriously underrated by the opposite fan base. Kaberle is a great defenseman, but Marchand is a fantastic rookie who's 4th in the NHL in plus minus, leads the league in short handed goals, and is on pace for 24 goals and almost 50 points, all the while earning $800k.

In a cap world, a guy like Marchand is gold.
EDIT: nvm

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 08:28 PM
kb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
You're acting like this is news haha.

No 1st rounder = weak draft, duhhhh
Been touted as weak for over 2 years....unless selective memory or hearing is in play....which it is.

kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Leafssss

No talk about weak drafts, all the first round players are elite talent in their respective leagues, you don't know how that will translate to the NHL. People thought the 2008 draft was weak but it contained a lot of blue-chip prospect to date and future pieces on many teams. A 1st round pick is a gamble, you win, you loose, not even the 1st overall pick is a sure-fire NHLer.

Leafssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Hotshot320

Okay I figured it out....

Toronto sends Kaberle to Boston for their first

Toronto then turns around and sends Bostons first, Jake Gardiner and Kris Versteeg to Vancouver for Kesler..

Done lol..

And yes I am well aware how untouchable Kesler is in Vancouver.

The internet can now be closed!!!!

Hotshot320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:16 PM
ed bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24 View Post
F@cking Bruin fans, seems to be the same ones who keep talking **** over and over. Face the facts you're not gonna get Kaberle so give it up, He most likely wont be moved by the deadline. So if you want him make a push when he becomes a UFA. So sick and tired of you guys talking so much ****ing **** and calling everyone Homers because you don't agree with them. Just a quick question to you guys how old are you? because with the way you act my guess would be no older then 12.

calm down it was a report by Dreger man, like most RUMORS they never happen so I wont be surprised if Kaberle shockingly isnt traded this season

ed bruin is offline   Reply With Quote