HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

You guys ever feel like you wasted a night?

Old
02-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

vCash: 500
I always try to look at the positive and the only positive I see right now is for the future. Without Markov,Gorges and Cammalleri we are not better than the Islanders the only thing that make us a better team is Price

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Absolutely not for one single reason....when we're sure that they'll be bad, they rebound. Almost every single time. Habs win against Leafs...and it's not going to be even close....
Very true. Toronto is playing well and Montreal is playing horrible. That means Montreal wins. E'rybuddynodat!

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:52 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Our good start has us here. Since beating Ottawa on Dec. 7 we are actually one of the more mediocre performing teams in the league. We are ".500" with a record of 12-12-4. Overall, without Markov we are 19-15-5 which is easily our best winning % in the games of a season where he's been missing. But my are we ever streaky. After 2 home games, we do the dreaded tour of Western Canada- a trip that we have not won 2 games out of 3 on since 2000 (and one where we've gone winless at least once. Haven't won in Calgary since 2002, haven't won in Edmonton since the Heritage Classic- having blown a few games where we had leads even- and haven't won in Vancouver since like 1999!).
So this little slump as the potential to get real ugly.. Sigh..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Craig71

So many expert 20 year olds on this board.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
You are not suprised? What are you, an agent? That was pitiful, a 1.5 hour flight from Bean town and this is what you expect.......So passive so accepting. The way to show that we were not affected by last nights beat down was to come out flying and destroy the worst team in the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, there's a difference between not surprised and not acceptable. The effort was not acceptable tonight but I wasn't surprised by it at all given what transpired 24 hours ago.

Honestly, over the last two days, it's just been a constant stream of negativity. It's like people forgot that we still in 6th place despite missing Cammy, Markov and Gorges. 4 pts up on the Rangers who's 7th and 8 pts up on Atlanta who's 9th. At the end of the season, you won't even remember this game.

Stop acting like it's the end of the world and the habs are doomed because of these two games.

Look it's obvious to everyone that this team has holes that needs attention. But to act like this game will be indicative of what happens down the stretch, or to overexaggerate the importance of one game is just short term thinking.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
So this little slump as the potential to get real ugly.. Sigh..
If it does get ugly... we will be worn down in the playoffs, provided we still make them.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
You mean Peter Laviolette?

I wanted him too.
lol yes...yes i did mean him..

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
If it does get ugly... we will be worn down in the playoffs, provided we still make them.
Come on....there are so many bad teams in our conference, Habs making the playoffs is already a done deal. I mean it's one thing to be pessimistic, it's another to actually see what's going on...We, by far, aren't the greatest team. but much better than the rest of the crap in this eastern conf....yes I know, we have just been beaten by crap...it happens and tell me that you didn't see it coming after yesterday's game....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Come on....there are so many bad teams in our conference, Habs making the playoffs is already a done deal. I mean it's one thing to be pessimistic, it's another to actually see what's going on...We, by far, aren't the greatest team. but much better than the rest of the crap in this eastern conf....yes I know, we have just been beaten by crap...it happens and tell me that you didn't see it coming after yesterday's game....
Yea my point exactly. This game means nothing in the overall context of the season.

Don't forget that atlanta is 8 pts behind us in 9th and they are in free fall right now.

Old
02-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Habit11

Pouliot, Desharnais, and White were the best line for the Habs tonight. As much as this team needs size down the middle, Desharnais is making a strong case for him to stay in the NHL.

If Ryan White gets sent down in favor of Pyatt or Darche that would be ridiculous, he is more of what this team needs, energy and grit.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Judging by your excessive use of exclamation marks, emoticons and run-on sentences, you're quite the 14 year old expert.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Dude, there's a difference between not surprised and not acceptable. The effort was not acceptable tonight but I wasn't surprised by it at all given what transpired 24 hours ago.

Honestly, over the last two days, it's just been a constant stream of negativity. It's like people forgot that we still in 6th place despite missing Cammy, Markov and Gorges. 4 pts up on the Rangers who's 7th and 8 pts up on Atlanta who's 9th. At the end of the season, you won't even remember this game.

Stop acting like it's the end of the world and the habs are doomed because of these two games.
There are lots of teams in this league fighting adversity in the form of injury( see Pittsburgh) and optimism and pessimism have nothing to do with perception and reality. We needed to make a statement tonight and we failed( or epic failed or got pwned as you video game kids say) We have to show testicular fortitude if we are going make our mark as a playoff team!!!!!!!!!! It's not the end of the world, but don't accept a passive effort as acceptable, it is not.

Old
02-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
lol. original, mature comment there...

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 10:01 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Absolutely not for one single reason....when we're sure that they'll be bad, they rebound. Almost every single time. Habs win against Leafs...and it's not going to be even close....
I really hope I'm wrong and you're right..

After watching the Habs against the Bruins last night the Leafs will be running every Habs player on Saturday.. White and Moen might be in for a very long night.. Kessel will probably break out of his slump and score a couple against the Habs too.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Judging by your excessive use of exclamation marks, emoticons and run-on sentences, you're quite the 14 year old expert.

Old
JayBee*

We'll see what happens from here on out...either that Bruins game took the team's soul and it's nothing but a donward spiral or it brings them together and they start winning.

If there's no Price this year...this team is looking at a lottery pick.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
JM just said he will bring the correction for Saturday...that mean your going to bench Gomer and AK?!? Please?!?
Moen back in the top 6.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Nidema

Quote:
There are lots of teams in this league fighting adversity in the form of injury( see Pittsburgh) and optimism and pessimism have nothing to do with perception and reality. We needed to make a statement tonight and we failed( or epic failed or got pwned as you video game kids say) We have to show testicular fortitude if we are going make our mark as a playoff team!!!!!!!!!! It's not the end of the world, but don't accept a passive effort as acceptable, it is not.
How is Pittsburgh doing without Crosby and Malkin? Not very well.

Yea sure, a statement game is nice and all. But at the end of the season, what does it matter.

Statement games mean very little but to stroke the ego of the fans.

You want to see testicular fortitude? Look at the Bruins game where we were down 2-0 and came back in the last minute. Look at the Anaheim came where we were down 3-1 and came back to tie it. There are so many examples where this team has shown heart and courage that overanalyzing one instance where they didn't make the statement that you wanted is just an inaccurate assessment.

And again, if you can read, I never said it was acceptable, but not unexpected. But I'm sure that you're wise enough to know the difference seeing how you're most definitely not a 20 year old internet kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
02-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
40ish shots, tons of good opportunities, if the defense just remember when to pinch in and when not to, we win 3-2 easily. Remove a miracle or 2 by Koskinen, and it's not even close. Effort was there by most people. Same usual suspects that makes look like the rest of the team isn't working.

The real statement is against the Leafs. Since when is the 2nd game in 2 nights a statement game? After being beaten up like we did? Now we have to rebound and no excuses. And I believe we will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Moen back in the top 6.
Or Pyatt....or both.....

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 02-11-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old
02-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Habit11

Quote:
I think a bigger trend really is how the Habs have had poor 1st periods in basically the last 6 games, that's a concern.

They should have came out tonight and especially, Gomez's line should have dominated a poor team to make a statement that what happened last night will not effect them going forward.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Moen back in the top 6.
Picard on the 1st powerplay unit.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
We'll see what happens from here on out...either that Bruins game took the team's soul and it's nothing but a donward spiral or it brings them together and they start winning.

If there's no Price this year...this team is looking at a lottery pick.
Don't say that or you will get bashed.

Old
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Epic fail by me, sorry about that.

...he did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
They STARTED the game

About my reaction if I had been able to watch the game.

Unbelievable. Alright, they failed two games in a row. Can this disaster of an experiment end?

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Picard on the 1st powerplay unit.
I know! Martin misses to see a d-man up front....Gill on the 1st line!

Old
02-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
I think a bigger trend really is how the Habs have had poor 1st periods in basically the last 6 games, that's a concern.

They should have came out tonight and especially, Gomez's line should have dominated a poor team to make a statement that what happened last night will not effect them going forward.
That's one of my bigger concerns. All too often recently, we're flat out of the gate and get scored on first. It's not a good strategy going forward. The players have to do a better job of focusing at the beginning in addition to the coaching staff doing a better job of motivating these players.

The D needs a serious wake up call.

By performance, our top 6 is Pleks line and Desharnais line. Gomez needs to pick it up (and I'm fairly confident he will) or else we have a 7 million dollar deadweight as a 3rd line center.

Quote:
I know! Martin misses to see a d-man up front....Gill on the 1st line!
What happened to gill tonight? I missed the first 5 minutes of the game.

Last edited by LyricalLyricist: 02-11-2011 at 01:33 AM.